[questionnaire] A New Man In Town

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
inflatable dalek

A New Man In Town

Post by inflatable dalek »

Having done a few posts now I fainaly feel ready to take the intro surrvey, prepare to learn more about me than you ever needed to know (mainly that I can't spell...)
General nosey intrusive stuff...

What's your handle, stranger?

Inflatable Dalek, so called because one of my friends brought me an inflatable Dalek for Christmas. This is very useful as when people come in my room now they go "Why the f**k do you have a Dalek?" Instead of "Why the f**k do you have so many kids toys?"

Come here often?

Yep, this has got the best TF forum, fun and informative.
Where have you been all my life?
In the shubbery outside your house watching you throught the window;)

What brings you here?

The link on Cliffjumpers great site, in fact I didn't feel like a proper forum member till he ripped apart one of my posts with his combination of hummor and fact.

How you doin' [/joey]?

Preaty good, I've had a beer and am feeling preaty groovy.

Date o' birth?

17/11/81

How tall are ya?

About 6 foot 2

Hair colour?

Dark brown, with a few unfortunetly early grey ones starting to come through.

Eye colour?

Dark brown as well.

You on a PC or a Mac?

Far to poor for either, I have to use my very understanding aunt and uncles computer, which is I think a PC.

Elvis or the Beatles?
Both overrated IMHO, though I do have the Beatles 1 album so I guess they win on a technicality.

Last album you bought?

Little Shop of Horrors soundtrack.
Was it any good?

Great, it's got Steve Martin singing about how happy he is to be a deranged dentist, what more do you want?

All time fave album?

Robbie Wiliams- Escapology, though I am also very fond of the Beyounce one... mmmm.... Beyonce...

Pets?

Does Armada Unicron count?

Fave colour?

Red

Fave food?

Cheese

Favourite drink?

A nice cup of tea, which is annoying as I hate cultural stererotypes

What song are you listening to right now? (or failing that, what's the tune buzzing round yer head?)

Beyonce, Naughty Girl (oh and she would be if I got hold of her... sorry, I won't mention her again:)

Fave sport/hobby?

Not to keen on sport, my hobby has recently bacome bying more toys than I ever had as a kid.

Read any good books lately?

I don't think you can say I read it, but I just brought the beutiful Generations Delux book of E-Bay, worth the tenner I paid for it just for the design sketch of Powermaster prime as a headmaster, somthing I'd always suspected had been intended for the toy, and aint it nice to be right once in a while? If only I had a pound every time someone asked me why I brought a book written in a language I don't read...

All time fave book?

Anything by Terry Prattchet, with Guards Guards! slightly ahead as my favorite. Failing that The Shining is a favorite as well.

Favourite film?

This changes constantly, but right now I'd say John Carpenter's The Thing.

Favourite TV show?

Doctor Who.

VHS or DVD?

DVD, there's nothing I love more than a good commentary, especialy when the people involved can't remember anything (like Kurt Russell on the aforementioned Thing).

Cassette or CD?

CD

Smoke?

No thanks.

Bite your nails?

to the bone.

Am I boring you?

Probably not as much as I'm boring you.

It's TFA's round. What are you having?

The most expensive thing at the bar.

Fountain pen or ballpoint?

Fountain.

Been to many foreign countries?

France with school, supposedly to improve our spoken French, yet everyone we met spoke english...

Want to go to any?

America and Australia both seem preaty cool (even if the former now has a president who makes Regan look like he has a full bag of marbles).

Breakfast television or early morning radio?

Chris Moyles on radio 1.

Multilingual?

Nope, French was useless for reasons stated above, and our German teacher had a mental breakdown, often she'd sit at her desk rocking back and forth screeching "Your touching the back of my head!". Despite this the school still let her teach us most of our GCSE course before quietly retiring her.

"Pink, I need you to be cool. Are you cool?"

All transformers fans are cooler than David Beckham.

Touch-type or hit-and-hope?

Hit and hope.

What's on your computer desk?

It aint my computer desk, but I've got a nice cup of tea on here now.

McDonalds or Burger King?

MakyD's, their double cheeseburger is heaven.

Got your own webspace?

Nope, I did think about it but the friend I asked for advice started going on about Java script and made me go crosseyed.

Creation or evolution?

Evolution.

What are you doing tonight, wanna go catch a movie?

Best offer I've had in weeks, get your coat, you've pulled.

Do you smell what The Rock is cooking?

[sniff] It would seem to be a homemade quiche.

Do you feel in anyway violated by the questions asked?

No, normaly I have to pay a tenner for that sort of thing.

Transformers Stuff...

Fave Characters?

Nightbeat, Bludgeon, and I love the portrayal of Thrust as a tough talking cowboy in the Armada comic (and it seems I only like charecters with crap toys).

Fave continuity/canonical arc (cartoon, comic, G2, BW, BM, RiD, etc)?

The comic, though from a more objective viewpoint BW is probably the best all rounder.

Fave Gen 1 episode?

Dark Awakening, obvious but true.

Least fave Gen 1 episode?

Carnage In C Minor is preaty bad, But Call of the Primatives is insanly overrated, it may have awe inspiringly good animation but the script is terrible, Unicron built by a dwarf?!

Fave BW episode?

The Agenda, it was the first BW I saw properly, on the UK DVD, it's so good a Reboot fan friend who borrowed it was inspired to hunt down the then deleted BW videos.

Least fave BW episode?

Cutting Edge, and by the time my friend got to this one on the DVD he swore never to watch another episode, thats how bad it is.

Fave BM episode?

Not seen any yet, but the fact it seemsto have failed to meet channel 5's quality control speaks vollums.

Least fave BM episode?

Ditto

Fave RiD episode?

Only seen the one where the Predacons are after a train, I hadn't realised it was supposed to silly so I'm hoping the forthcoming DVD will give me a chance to reasses it.

Least fave RiD episode?

Same again.

Like the Movie?

Love it, it may not be perfect, but the risks the makers took ("everyone dies horribly, and we'll have swearing, the parents will love that") make a more rewarding viewing experience than most toy based films.

Favourite comic arc?

Target 2006, mainly because after Marvel lost the second half of the collected comic I had to wait nearly ten years to find out what happened next in the tpb, it was worth it as well.

FIRRIB or RIRFIB?

If only the cheaky monkeys would stop painting one another we'd know for sure...

Brawn - he's dead, right?

Yep, but only because the murdering sod Hot Rod saw a chance for rapid promotion by blowing up the Shuttle and taking out all the senior Autobots. That's the same reason he "accidently" got in the way of the Prime/Megs fight.

Optimus or Rodimus?

Rodimus

Prime or Primal?

Primal

Which cartoon origin of the Constructicons do you buy?

The second one, but this is one of those things you shouldn't think to closely about or your ears will start bleeding.

Can the Autobots fly?

Sure, they use Easyjet all the time.

Last toy you bought?

Masterpiece Optimus Prime, whoes quite simply the best thing ever.

Most wanted toy?

I came very close to buying the Diaclone triple changer that wasn't used as a Transformer, and I do regret not doing so now.

Most favoured faction?

The Wreakers.

Cel animation or CGI?

Cel

Seen any Japanese shows? Like 'em?

I brought all of them on (cough) pirate(cough) DVD from e-bay and am currently aproaching the end of Masterforce, which I thought was disapointing after Headmasters. I'm ready to get blown away by Victory though...

Bought any of the DW comics? What d'ya think of them?

Got all of them, the quality scale is all over the place but when they're good they're very good (but when they're bad...)

Looking forward to Armada?

Couldn;t stand the cartoon (though the last few episodes improved enough to give me hope for Energon) while the comic was the usual Dreamave quality rollercoaster.

And our tie-breaker...

In five hundred lines or less, tell us anything else you'd like to add about yourself...

My first TF comic was the issue of Space Pirates with Arcee all shot up on the cover, It was my reward for being good at school and it completly blew me away, as did most subsiquent issues. I struggled to learn to read as quickly as possiable so I wouldn't need my Mum to read the comic to me. Every week I'd have my mind expanded by my first exposure to concepts such as time travel, alternate realities and even the idea of alien life. More importantly it was a welcome escape from a very lonely time at first school (I was the stereotypical wierd kid siting alone in the corner) and my parents messey divorce. I'm more than happy to poke fun at the many silly ideas and stories in Transformers, but the reason I'm here is that it had a posative impact on an impresionable young mind. Looking back on what I've just typed I've realised this is starting to sound slightly sad, so I'll leave it there :smokin: If anyone made it this far, thanks for puting up with some of the worst spelling you'll ever see.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!