Infiltration #0-6/TPB

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by Denyer

I'm curious to see what Prime's will look like, if we get to see one for him.

Got a fiver that says "Like Hi-Q" here.

Did they even use the holos in the cartoon, apart from when the Autobots decide to tell the small alien they've known for five minutes their abilities?

And that's an excellent cameo by British Hunter Guy From "Prime Target" there. I love the way they don't even remotely correlate with the robots...
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
Got a fiver that says "Like Hi-Q" here.

We've allready had Patrick Stewart cameo as a green Nebulon in Stormbringer.
I love the way they don't even remotely correlate with the robots...

Might that be deliberate though? The implication being that to the Autobots humans all look alike?
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Ballplayer
Protoform

Post by Ballplayer »

Just a question...

wasn't Ratchet's helmet white with a black thingy on it?

Instead of Red with a White thingy?

Dead End :"If we give away our energon cubes we're doomed.

Break Down :"If we don't we're doomed too.

Dead End :"Face it We're Doomed
inflatable dalek

They're using the Marvel colour scheme.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by inflatable dalek
It's not the ****ing cartoon

Weren't Skywarp's air intakes a different shape as well?
inflatable dalek

And Soundwave was purple doncha know. And had a mouth. Sometimes. It'll be interesting if they use that when he shows up properly in the IDWverse...
Ballplayer
Protoform

Post by Ballplayer »

hehe ok nvm ;)

Dead End :"If we give away our energon cubes we're doomed.

Break Down :"If we don't we're doomed too.

Dead End :"Face it We're Doomed
Angus
Protoform

Post by Angus »

Sorry for bringing this topic back up. Finally read the TPB. Pretty good stuff. One question though: on wikipedia it is said that "Optimus Prime and Megatron are seen in Cybertronian modes". Could some one point me to where Optimus Prime is seen in his Cybertroninan mode? Maybe I blinked, or something, but I only recall seening Prime in the last page, already in his earth mode. I browsed the TPB a couple of times to see if I could find him in his Cybertronian mode, but couldn't...
Angus
Brazilian TF Collector
Los Angeles, CA
My collection
chiasaur11
Protoform

Post by chiasaur11 »

Prime isn't.
Wikipedia seems to not have read stormbringer, showing Prime's cybertronic form, which isn't in the comic. (at least in the floppies.)
Angus
Protoform

Post by Angus »

He's only shown in the last page of volume 6, right?
Angus
Brazilian TF Collector
Los Angeles, CA
My collection
crobe26
Protoform

Post by crobe26 »

Correct, but you'll be seeing more Prime in Stormbringer and a lot more of him in Escalation.
"Terminate With Extreme Prejudice" - Tripredicus Council (Agenda - Part 1)
inflatable dalek

Well, a friend of mine was so inspired by the Movie he brought this, and he absolutely loved it.

So much he's not only planing to get the followups (though it took half an hour and a flip chart to explain what order to read them in) but he's been downloading Beast Wars and a handful of G1 episodes I've pointed him in the direction of.

He liked the slow build up to the reveal, wasn't annoyed by the kids and thought Ratchet rocked.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Originally posted by inflatable dalek
.....and thought Ratchet rocked.

Yeah, he probably was one of the higher points of that series (at least I thought so).
inflatable dalek

And thanks to my flipchartage he's now brought Stormbringer and has watched enough Beast Wars to decide he loves Rat Trap.

Why do other people insist on joining in my hobby? There's a danger it could become mainstream...
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

And people said Jimmy Pink was an unrealistic name;

http://auditel.co.uk/publish/blog/2012/ ... trictions/

Bonus link;

http://www.surnamedb.com/Surname/O'Nion
inflatable dalek

No one would ask him to be the lead in an action/adventure story though. Mind, niether did the other one in the end.

Our new manager at work is called Michael Burke. He younger than me and British so there's little chance his parents hadn't heard of the news reader when he was born. Which means they thought "Hey, he's already got a surname that will see him bullied every day at school, but that's not enough! If we give him the same first name as the only famous Burke out there we can add to his misery and pain and maybe that will drive him to the lofty heights of supermarket management".
Ryan F

Post by Ryan F »

inflatable dalek wrote:Our new manager at work is called Michael Burke. He younger than me and British so there's little chance his parents hadn't heard of the news reader when he was born. Which means they thought "Hey, he's already got a surname that will see him bullied every day at school, but that's not enough! If we give him the same first name as the only famous Burke out there we can add to his misery and pain and maybe that will drive him to the lofty heights of supermarket management".
At least they didn't call him Kathy.

Zombie Thread Alert!!!

I just finished reading this, and, I gotta say, it was a bit of a slog. Hope it gets better than this going forward. This was high on build-up and low on everything else. It was so uneventful, I would probably have stopped reading the IDW stuff right there if not for a) everyone waxing lyrical about the James Roberts stuff I am months away from reading and b) I have spent shedloads on a full set of the IDW Collection hardbacks.

This just felt like the pre-credits teaser from a Bond film, stretched to fill seven issues. Does the good stuff start now?
Transform And Roll-Out
The Unofficial And Unauthorised Guide To The Transformers (1984-92)
Available now from Telos Publishing
https://telos.co.uk/shop/cult-tv/transf ... -roll-out/
Patapsco

Post by Patapsco »

Ryan F wrote:At least they didn't call him Kathy.

Zombie Thread Alert!!!

I just finished reading this, and, I gotta say, it was a bit of a slog. Hope it gets better than this going forward. This was high on build-up and low on everything else. It was so uneventful, I would probably have stopped reading the IDW stuff right there if not for a) everyone waxing lyrical about the James Roberts stuff I am months away from reading and b) I have spent shedloads on a full set of the IDW Collection hardbacks.

This just felt like the pre-credits teaser from a Bond film, stretched to fill seven issues. Does the good stuff start now?
Stormbringer is good, some of the Spotlights are good, the rest veers from meh to bloody terrible. Oh, and Maximum Dinobots is as formulaic and corny as hell but great fun
inflatable dalek

Ryan F wrote:At least they didn't call him Kathy.

Zombie Thread Alert!!!

I'd forgotten to reply to this till it was mentioned on twitter that you were still carrying on. Yeah, it does slog doesn't it? And it's very 2005, which isn't automatically a bad thing--G2 is very 1995 after all--but it does feel its age.

I wouldn't really recommend starting there to anyone interested in the IDW stuff, if only because there's so much stuff since it's almost like starting Spider-Man with Amazing Fantasy 15 and going onwards from there. I'd always suggest Last Stand of the Wreckers as a good try out for people, despite brimming with fan wank it's basically standalone, rattles along, has layers as well as action and is genuinely good.

Reading everything is basically for the already converted rather than a good way of getting into it.