Infiltration #0-6/TPB

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Repticon
Protoform

Post by Repticon »

Sorry if I offended anyone, ok?

A good example of "right human anatomy" is Denyer´s avatar, Brian Hitch is one of the best artists in that matter.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Bryan Hitch is God. Really.
E.J.Su
Protoform

Post by E.J.Su »

So if anything unlike Brian Hitch sucks, then I guess 99.9% of comic book artists sucks. I hope I am in a higher percentile of sucky artists at least. :D
Originally posted by wreckie
That sounds a bit rude, doesn't it? :laugh:
Now you are just being rude. ;)
MADE IN TAIWAN
"Talent is worthless without hard work."
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

You're Jesus. It's not a bad role. You die a bit, but come back, kinda like Dracula. You get to look like John Lennon too.
E.J.Su
Protoform

Post by E.J.Su »

Hey, being Jesus ain't bad at all... :D waitaminute! are you saying I draw like Jesus? is that an insult? 'cuz I can't tell. :eyebrow:

;)
MADE IN TAIWAN
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Jesus was a very talented artist! Did you not read "The Good Samaritan" limited series? Excellent stuff..
Repticon
Protoform

Post by Repticon »

Originally posted by E.J.Su
So if anything unlike Brian Hitch sucks, then I guess 99.9% of comic book artists sucks. I hope I am in a higher percentile of sucky artists at least. :D

Of course not. There are a lot of comic book artists out there who I consider to be excellent: Humberto Ramos, Joe Madureira, Michael Turner, Jim Lee, Jae Lee and a large etc. Take Ramos for example, his art is cartoony (not accurate in an strictly anatomic way) but his management of proportions and drawing lines is great.
E.J.Su
Protoform

Post by E.J.Su »

Good for you?

sorry, Hunter won't be going to the gym for awhile, and Verity isn't going to grow large mammary gland anytime soon. neither of them are trading their clothes for spray painted on suits.
MADE IN TAIWAN
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I did like the way the humans were drawn... as you say, it's rare and nice to have a young girl who isn't all tits and guns. Hopefully her characterisation will be equally subtle when the series proper kicks off...
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Repticon
Joe Madureira
http://www.paintedanvil.com/madureira.html

I'm thankful we don't have him near Transformers. Not only does his treatment of anatomy tend towards the burlesque, he also exaggerates robots... such as the infamous 'Prime with a pinhead' sketch:

http://www.digital-burn.com/desktop/19

Ramos:
http://www.darkhorse.com/search/search. ... e=products
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humberto_Ramos

Tending towards caricature. Strangely small hips.

Turner:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Turner_(artist)

I like his Batman/Supergirl from the recent arc. His Wonder Woman would fall over if she actually had those breasts.

Jim Lee:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Lee

Doesn't slip up to nearly the same extent many artists do, although Batman as a muscleman is ironically more beefy than his Superman there. (edit: He also has a fondness for WW's breasts, apparently.)

Jae Lee:
http://members.tripod.com/~jae_lee/gallery.htm

Now we're getting somewhere. The impression I've gained in the past is that he tends to use a lot of photo references. He intentionally aims for that level of realism in a lot of his work.

EJ:
http://www.protodepot.com/gallery/thumb ... hp?album=6

In general, his style is realistic backgrounds and framing with people gaining one or more defining slight exaggerations (such as the male cop in this piece for Crossfall.) Despite the shading and light sources being part of the artwork, surfaces are usually kept clean and edges are defined.

What I'm trying to get at is that any exaggeration is controlled. You've got realistic, you've got cartoony.
Repticon
Protoform

Post by Repticon »

Originally posted by E.J.Su
Good for you?

sorry, Hunter won't be going to the gym for awhile, and Verity isn't going to grow large mammary gland anytime soon. neither of them are trading their clothes for spray painted on suits.

I wasn´t talking about that at all! I don´t expect every character to be overcute and much less wearing revealing suits. Looking at your homepage, I think your pencil work is great, seriously (and let´s be clear, I love the way you draw TFs). My main problem with the art of Prelude to Infiltration are the colors. IMO they "hurt" your artwork.
Commander Shockwav
Protoform

Post by Commander Shockwav »

Originally posted by Repticon
I wasn´t talking about that at all! I don´t expect every character to be overcute and much less wearing revealing suits. Looking at your homepage, I think your pencil work is great, seriously (and let´s be clear, I love the way you draw TFs). My main problem with the art of Prelude to Infiltration are the colors. IMO they "hurt" your artwork.

Humans can be drawn a plethora of different ways. Its really a matter of taste whether you prefer more abstract renditions, which I think manga falls into, or a more realistic approach, the ideal example being the paintings of Alex Ross.

I would say E.J.s rendition is closer to manga. Someone who prefers an Alex Ross style isn't going to be to keen on E.J.'s style.

What amazes me is how much emphasis TF fans place on how humans are drawn in a comic of giant warring robots. Get over it! Who the hell cares, as long as the bots are kickass.

E.J., I don't care if you draw stick figures for humans, as long as you keep drawing the bots like you do.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Ryall just posted this over at IDW. From #3, but no spoilers:

Click for the full-size preview.

Wow. It's like Alternators on a page.
Wildrider

Post by Wildrider »

I second your 'Wow' there, I do have a headache due to the level of detail though, does seem to take ques from the Alternator line, nice work indeed.

I'm just trying to pick out the TFs lurking around in that picture, is that Prowl and Ratchet in the forground, Jazz off to the right, Bumblebee walking away from Jazz, Ironhide far left and *squints* Bluestreak? Plus I'm guessing completely that it's Huffer fidgeting around on the balcony.

Ace!
Commander Shockwav
Protoform

Post by Commander Shockwav »

Awesome!

See the way E.J. adds character to the cast, even though they say nothing, by having them strike different poses, some pensive, some bored, etc. Don does this too. It helps develop the character without having to give them dialogue.

Nice job.
Wildrider

Post by Wildrider »

Originally posted by Wildrider
Plus I'm guessing completely that it's Huffer fidgeting around on the balcony.

Ace!
I'm wrong it's Wheeljack isn't it? Also agree with the characterisation of the background bots.
Repticon
Protoform

Post by Repticon »

I just noticed I became a fan of Su´s bots. His technical background is clearly helping
Thefallenone
Protoform

Post by Thefallenone »

COOL! Preview Images Rock must Email Steve about my orders Tomorrow :rant:
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

Has anyone read the preview of Transformers: Infiltration in
Angel: Old Friends #1
SPOILER! (select to read)
We see a little of Hunter's backstory which has a splash
page with a laptop with some various thoeries about the
Transformers including reference to pre-historic Transformers which is possiably the Dinobots, Insecticons (or maybe the Beast Wars!) Hunter then sees how fast Ratchet's going and Ratchet's hologram frizt and he realizes that Verity (or however you spell her name) and him are in a Transformer and then the
Battlechargers appear and surround them and attempt to ram them! That's it.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Not in a comic, but I think it's the pages seen at a convention:

http://www.tfw2005.com/gallery/IDW-1-Preview