Infiltration #0-6/TPB

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

Originally posted by Denyer
Not in a comic, but I think it's the pages seen at a convention:

http://www.tfw2005.com/gallery/IDW-1-Preview

Well some of us did not go to all of the conventions or was able to keep up with all the info that came out of them. :p :p
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Originally posted by Wildrider
I'm wrong it's Wheeljack isn't it?

It's Motormaster!

As a preview goes it was considerably better that the one for the first DW mini... That may sound like daming with faint praise, but it isn't, honest.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Issue #1 is due out on January 18th.

There's a short preview and intro for the issue at Comic News International:
http://comicnewsi.com/article.php?catid=231&itemid=8213

DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Grimlock2983
Protoform

Post by Grimlock2983 »

I also quite enjoyed the issue. I didn't find Verity that annoying. I think it would have been nice if some information had been given as to what's on the computer the Decepticons are after that makes it so valuable.

Also, there's a "contest" at the end to guess all the TF that are on the inside cover. The first one to mail in their response (and is correct) wins. Unfortunately for me, outside of Megs and Prime, I got nothing.
Blaster: "Grimlock, look over there!"

Grimlock: "You think Grimlock stupid, fall for trick."

Blaster: "Well, yes and no. Yes, I think you're stupid. But no, it's not a trick."

*Decepticons attack while Blaster and Grimlock battle for leadersihp of the Autobots, Issue #41*
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Got it today. :up: Ratchet's characertization was leaps and bounds above anything Dreamwave did. I like how they're making the transformers seem more alien and not just giant human robots. That creepy hologram is a good example.
Commander Shockwav
Protoform

Post by Commander Shockwav »

Got the Runamuck/Runabout cover and the Bumblebee cover. They both harken back to the Marvel UK and US style of covers, which I like.

Let's start with the good points. The purpose of an introductory issue is to set the tone of the story and develop the characters. It does that, mostly with the human cast. Su's pencilling is good at telling the story, and overall the artwork is good. In the Figueroa era, this says a lot. Finally, there is ample comedic relief with the Arnold automaton. Well done.

Now to the criticisms. Let me say that though my criticisms may come across as harsh, I'm not basing a real opinion of this series on a single issue so early in the game. After the first arc, then we can start talking about whether IDW delivers or not. But we have to give them a chance to strut their stuff.

Now, on to the criticisms. Firstly, I really couldn't tell a difference in this first issue from issue #0. When you pick up this issue, you hope that in some way it separates itself from #0 or at least moves the story along more. It really is more of the same of #0, that is, setting up the human cast with a few TF battles involving Ratchet thrown in. I mean, what more do we learn? Nothing really, just the things we knew in #0, that is, Verity is a runaway who stole a computer, Hunter is convinced there are extravehicular beings, the Battlechargers are after Ratchet because of that stolen computer, and Thundercracker is there too. Now how is this different from #0? It's not.

Not that this sort of reinforcement is necessarily bad. I can be patient. Problem is, much of the Transformers fandom isn't, and I'm sure they would have hoped for something more than just #0 over again. Fans of Marvel and Dreamwave, like myself, will have to develop a little more patience with this kind of pacing.

Overall, it's not bad and I would give it a B-. Remember, Marvel #1 started off in a similar fashion with Buster and Bumblebee, and Dreamwave's first issue didn't have a single fist thrown or laser fired. Take Chris's word for it, things are going to heat up in issue #2. We're not dealing with Pat Lee here. Chris and IDW haven't lied to us before, and I don't think they will now. I have faith in IDW.

Looking forward to #2 and the faster pace of things.
Grimlock2983
Protoform

Post by Grimlock2983 »

Although I can understand your frustration about this basically repeating Issue #0, remember that that was a 'preview' issue. I would guess that they wanted to make sure that anyone could hop on board without reading #0 and not have any problems. Hence, the repetitive nature.

I would agree with the overall grade though. B- is about right.
Blaster: "Grimlock, look over there!"

Grimlock: "You think Grimlock stupid, fall for trick."

Blaster: "Well, yes and no. Yes, I think you're stupid. But no, it's not a trick."

*Decepticons attack while Blaster and Grimlock battle for leadersihp of the Autobots, Issue #41*
Wildrider

Post by Wildrider »

Mine arrived courtesy of oneshallstand this afternoon, I enjoyed it, the human characterisation harked back to Marvel days even if it's turning into 'Hackers' a bit. The hologram driver was quality as well.

Loving that Guido cover still and the chase between the cons/Ratchet was pretty cool in a 'Ben Hur' kind of way

That letters page is doing my head in though.
inflatable dalek

Originally posted by Wildrider
That letters page is doing my head in though.

It seemed rather desperate to keep apologising for the lack of TF's in the first issue didn't it?

Still, I liked the main content, it was all set up but still entertaining. I still think Furman is trying to win a "What's the silliest name you can get away with in this comic?" bet though...
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Like others have said, my main problems stem from the repitition (Issue 0 being a preview is not an excuse - there's no ****ing law saying you have to do an Issue 0, if it's all basically going to be in Issue 1, you don't bother), and Verity is indeed an annoyingly arch-EDGY little bitch. Ratchet's smoothly done, the art is splendid, that chap's alright. I just hope Verity isn't going to have an UNDAGROUND EDGY connection for every occasion.
inflatable dalek

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
Verity is indeed an annoyingly arch-EDGY little bitch.

I'm hoping it's just that she's supposed to be in shock from what's happened and hasn't adjusted properly yet, rather than her defining charecteristic...

Oh, and Hunter has Mulder's I Want To Believe poster, what a suprise...
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Wildrider

Post by Wildrider »

Originally posted by DrSpengler
Just a prediction.

Kill him it's Sarracini in disguise!

What have you done with the real Spengs?

I have this terrible feeling Verity may get X-treme on our ass and go skateboarding with Bumblebee or something, although I hope not.
Commander Shockwav
Protoform

Post by Commander Shockwav »

Originally posted by inflatable dalek
I'm hoping it's just that she's supposed to be in shock from what's happened and hasn't adjusted properly yet..

And I'm hoping she gets her ass stomped on by one a them Battlechargers.
inflatable dalek

One of the things that keep me awake at night:

Do the different style of speech bubbles used for the Transformers actually signify anything? It's just the Ratchet hologram has a Autobot style speech bubble but no one coments on his funny voice. And you'd have thought that Hunter at least would have picked up on it considering he's desperate to prove the Ambulance is alien, and it's not as if they don't have the time to discuss it, hanging round the garage for half the issue...
Thefallenone
Protoform

Post by Thefallenone »

personally i found it a good start up for IDWs G1 series;)

i don't get why you all Flame Verity she's cool:D Hunters not bad, i really don't like Pinky whats hes name:rant: he seems likely to join the Decepticons (just a feeling:rolleyes:) oh yeah the cover i got is Bumblebee:smokin:
Justin
Protoform

Post by Justin »

I'm curious about what exactly the holographic driver is made up of. At first I just assumed he was a hologram, but then when he was holding the computer in his hand he obviously must have some mass...
I am over thinking this.
How can I sign my name on the screen? Do I use paint or something?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

My guess is Simon's seen a bit of Red Dwarf, and that it's an, ahem, hard-light hologram. Which basically means it can do pretty much anything.
Thefallenone
Protoform

Post by Thefallenone »

Original posted by Cliffjumper
My guess is Simon's seen a bit of Red Dwarf, and that it's an, ahem, hard-light hologram. Which basically means it can do pretty much anything.

i was thinking more off Star Trek Voyagers EMH (Emergency Medical Hologram) :D