OFFICIAL TRANSFORMERS TOYS NEWS

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Maybe the pricing is to distinguish from the bootlegs...? (Something I've found hard to do when glancing through ebay listings) Although, that's probably not going to help sales if it is.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Warcry wrote:I wouldn't call ¥8,500 anything near cheap!
I meant cheaper compared to the price for Sunstreaker. Without knowing the reasons behind the new price point for the block of yellow, but presumably the existing mould and the fact they've churned out 27 different toys from it already means that Lambor+ is unaffected by whatever the change in costings is.

ANYWAY SHALL WE LOOK AT SOME PICTURES?
Attachments
sunstreaker.jpg
lambor+.jpg
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Skyquake87 wrote:Maybe the pricing is to distinguish from the bootlegs...? (Something I've found hard to do when glancing through ebay listings) Although, that's probably not going to help sales if it is.
With how prevalent high-quality bootlegs have become over the last decade, I just assume that anything that isn't being sold as new and sealed by one of the big reputable online dealers is a bootleg and proceed accordingly. In person (or looking at actual pics of the item) it's easier to tell because the MP bootlegs are usually marked as being from "Takesa Tony" instead of "Takara Tomy", but so many eBay listings use the same stock photos that you can't judge from that. On the other hand, tons of Chinese sellers don't even try to pretend that they're selling the real thing since eBay no longer seems to care about bootlegs like they used to, so if you're looking to save a few bucks by buying a KO it's easy to do. Avoiding them is the hard part.
Brendocon 2.0 wrote:ANYWAY SHALL WE LOOK AT SOME PICTURES?
Wait, is Sideswipe even any different? I think they might have skipped painting one of the taillights this time around but that's all I can spot.
burnitall
Protoform

Post by burnitall »

The silver bits on his shoulders are white... and so are his feet and knees. Oh, his elbow joint is white now, too. And his tail light panel thingies above his feet are black instead of red.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Gotcha. I didn't even notice the white in the pic above because of how it's lit, but now that you point it out, it's obvious.

The silver clashes a little bit on the existing figure IMO, so that might actually be a slight improvement. Which is funny because I thought it looked awful when they did that for Red Alert.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Masterpiece redecos of some minor cassettes, but steel jaw is in there too. I guess that means a masterpiece blaster is forthcoming?

http://news.tfw2005.com/2017/06/27/taka ... ges-342691
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

For those getting Trypticon, hip joint fixes or "Why do they use springs that are twice as large/strong as necessary?" --

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... hip/38720/

Still doesn't beat the stupidity with Whirl of square pieces that were meant to rotate in a square space.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Back to boxed sets, here are the other two twins.

Currently I think the only way to get their complementary siblings is through those big boxed sets. At least until Takara offers their versions.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

I don't know why Hasbro bothered to pull all this chicanery with the clones. Since Takara's almost certainly going to release them properly, I can't see it having driven that much of a "must buy, this is the only way to get these characters!!!!" frenzy. Not the way that the more obscure stuff like Quickswitch or Nautica or Metalhawk would have, anyway. Why not just bundle each set of brothers together like in the old days and sell them that way?
tahukanuva
Custom Title: Human After All

Post by tahukanuva »

That mixed box set of clones really misses the whole appeal of the clones, huh? What a weird choice.
Clay

Post by Clay »

tahukanuva wrote:That mixed box set of clones really misses the whole appeal of the clones, huh?
This.
Red Dave Prime

Post by Red Dave Prime »

tahukanuva wrote:That mixed box set of clones really misses the whole appeal of the clones, huh? What a weird choice.
I don't collect the toys but looking at that link I just thought WTF

Like getting a combined set and it's 1 construction, 1 aerialbot, 1 stunticon etc etc...
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Anyway, speaking of boxsets shall we look at Hasbro's SDCC exclusive?
Attachments
rev3.jpg
rev2.jpg
rev1.jpg
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Well, that's certainly a good way to make absolutely no one happy...
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Would be up for a parted out Visionary, anyway.
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

It's disappointing to see that. I'd been hoping for Trypticon as a SDCC exclusive
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

Warcry wrote:Well, that's certainly a good way to make absolutely no one happy...
I just posted at a comic book site that some people were actually excited by that set.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Saw this over lunch -- Prime Wars gets a preview, and Titans Return release stuff.

http://news.tfw2005.com/2017/07/20/san- ... ast-344837

http://news.tfw2005.com/2017/07/19/san- ... ges-344539

Skullgrin looks gloriously crap and seems like a cool way to reintroduce Pretenders without giving them too much of the production budget.

https://i.imgur.com/S3jZL9C.jpg
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

That works nicely for Skullgrin! Overlord we've seen before and I'm not super excited about any of the other new releases. Rodimus looks really clunky, Starscream seems all kinds of terrible, Jazz doesn't impress and I'm not sure how to feel about Darkwing and Dreadwind. They're fine but I already own that mold twice over. They seem to still have their combiner ports, which leaves me scratching my head. I wonder if Starscream is so awkward-looking because he's a combiner torso?

Beachcomber is alright too I guess.