OFFICIAL TRANSFORMERS TOYS NEWS

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Clay

Post by Clay »

More pictures of Takara Devastator from Figureking magazine.

They actually make the group look appealing. I do like how the individual guns store in the hollow parts of Devastator's back to make it look not-so-hollow.

Translated interview here.
Sades

Post by Sades »

I think my biggest pet peeve when it comes to toys is straight remoulds.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Clay

Post by Clay »

How so?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Would probably be up for on the cheap assuming they get the finish right. The MP F-15 mould isn't too bad but Hasbro releases have been knock-off quality.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

I hope they finally remould the stand.

The stand cradle that has been made to grasp MP03's chest/abs panels, not MP11.

I also don't see the point of keeping the original sidesinder missiles, but it's cool that they're included.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Clay wrote:How so?
It's mainly because I'm a cheap bastard and personally don't see the point in buying a figure I essentially already own. Not saying I'm buying a Starscream; I was mainly just being curmudgeonly. :p Tis internet, I maketh the commentses.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

I think you are confusing [in your initial statement, at least] remould with repaint?

Because this "new" Starscream is around 70% new, despite transforming more or less the same way. I think the only identical things are upper thighs, hands, side vents, back panel and nose?

Regardless, this should be a cool chance for people who missed on MP11.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Could be, did a picture-to-toy comparison between what I've got and that thing and didn't see much difference asides from colour before I posted, and it seemed pretty well indistinguishable but that's about the extent of my "research".

edit: Taking a closer look, I see the differences now. Not really enough difference for me, personally but if it is for whoever buys one, then that's all that matters in that case.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

inflatable dalek wrote:For those tnat own it, how easy does it look that they could get a decent Goldbug out of this, complete with hood?
Answer: totally, the hood rotates as part of the transformation. The figure is smaller than Classics/United Bumblebee so the Renderform Gold Scout head is maybe just a bit too large and you'd probably want to find another alternative. I like the "toy" face personally but prefer the hood like that.

If you want the Renderform head to try, by the way, you can have it. The pic is with just the front of the kit head held on. Removing the Bee head entirely would be tricky since there's a pin and because of how it's been done.

http://i.imgur.com/Hrb6RlT.jpg
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Unicron wrote:That assumes it's got the appropriate design to attach to him (that or the obligatory 3rd party adaptor becomes available). Seems like Takara would design it so it would though. I also guess this is their solution to the potential too many exo-suit problem from various repaints.
It hugs the lower part of Sideswipe's back without needing anything else, although I guess some people would want it up higher or a larger one.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Ohhh, I'm going to get me a Gold Bee at AA if I can now.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

Apparently Ironhide's vehicle mode places some kibble behind his windscreen that looks like the sticker face on the original toy.
Ryan F

Post by Ryan F »

New Masterpiece announced: red Bumblebee.

http://news.tfw2005.com/2015/08/21/mast ... bee-300069
inflatable dalek

So basically this is like Yellow Sideswipe, a "Just in case we can't work it out" placebo?
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

It's nice that Takaratomy are taking the time to do homages to packaging flubs instead of wasting their energy on something inconsequential like, I dunno, Jazz, Trailbreaker, Windcharger, Ramjet or Carnivac.
inflatable dalek

I shall call him... G2 Hubcap.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

And they're sorted for blue, white and black redecos, so the moulds are likely to see quite a lot of use.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Are eHobby still a thing?

"This Bumble, in a slightly different shade of yellow with his usually-black parts rendered in the same hue, is a reference to one frame in a season 2 episode where Bumble appeared to have been slightly miscoloured in a blink-and-you'll-miss-it moment. However we can now exclusively reveal this to be a completely different character with a name we haven't decided on yet and his own bio that explains he was invisible the rest of the time. You should definitely buy him."
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

I wonder what sort of an exclusive accessory he'll come with.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Tetsuro wrote:I wonder what sort of an exclusive accessory he'll come with.
Clearance stickers.