OFFICIAL TRANSFORMERS TOYS NEWS

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Toys R Us has listings now for Quickslinger and Brake-Neck. Brake-Neck makes me think the colors are mis-adjusted on my monitor. Looks like a terrible digibash.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Unite Warriors Superion packaging is now available to view here

Does not look bad. I might be silly, but I am a tad worried about their shade of white---way too white, looks like it's asking to yellow the moment the sun sets eyes on it :swirly:

Ultra Prime also announced for the line in the usual manner [silhouette with kanji]. Wonder if we will see the japanese limb bots before the hasbro bots in this case.

Full colour Road Rage pics are now up [including vehicle mode shots] via dengeki hobby magazine.

I must add that Road Rage is up for preorder at Nippon Yassan, and unlike Tracks, has correct shipping quotes [for those of you that want to order via Japan].
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

There's boxart for the Platinum reissue of Trypticon.

My only concern is where the hell am I gonna get this shipped to or within Europe? Specifically at non-scalper prices...
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Trypticon looks bitching.

Until you actually open the box and find a nearly 30 year old toy that has 2 or so points of articulation :lol:

If I were you I'd wait until Kapow gets their in/up for preorder, for shipping within Europe etc. That would avoid all customs charges ;)
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

My hope with Typticon is that they kept the internal motor for the various gimmicks, although knowing Hasbro it's a 50/50 chance there.

I'm not really concerned that the only real points of articulation are his arms. Like many people I've wanted him since I was a kid. Here is a chance to own him.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Thunderwave wrote:My hope with Typticon is that they kept the internal motor for the various gimmicks, although knowing Hasbro it's a 50/50 chance there.
The front of the box has a note for requiring batteries, so I'd say that it's a safe bet that we can all have Trypticon races in the future. :)
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

I'd be up for a Trypticon. The walking gimmick is cute :) That box art is awesome. The only thing that bothers me, is that like the other platinum reissues, I can see the box being preposterously large for no good reason.
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

Clay wrote:The front of the box has a note for requiring batteries, so I'd say that it's a safe bet that we can all have Trypticon races in the future. :)
YES! Now I'll have to get one and have it chase after my cat.

After this I'll just need to track down a Fort Max, reissue or not. I've got a G1 Skorpinok coming to me at some point in the near future as payment for services rendered so that would complete the set of citybots.
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

I'm rather tempted by good old Trypty, mainly to pair him with the re-issue Metroplex I picked up some years ago. I don't care about the 2 and a half points of articulation or whatever, doesn't matter. My main concern is if he's got the electronics, and to a less extent the price. No motor, no sale.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

As Clay pointed out, there are signs for batteries on the front of the box, so motor action and/or sound effects are a given.

Much love and awe about city bots I see--generally never have been a fan of bases/city bots...the sole exception is that I liked the MP10 trailer :lol:
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

Knightdramon wrote:As Clay pointed out, there are signs for batteries on the front of the box, so motor action and/or sound effects are a given.
Stupid thread decided to roll over to a new page right before his post and I never noticed till right now, so I totally missed that reply. Good news then.

Now my only concerns are price, and release date. Though from the picture over at TFW, I'm curious about the colors. Maybe it's my monitor, or the lighting and/or camera they used, but the purple and teal parts look a touch odd. After those oddball color schemes they picked for that recent Astrotrain and Blitzwing set, I don't take the colors for granted anymore
Sades

Post by Sades »

\o/ !!!

Though I bought an old one last yearish for like $60 or something. But yeah... He's so nice. I'd buy him twice.

As long as the colour bullshit mentioned above me ^^ right therelike isn't too off.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

And we now have a back of box pic. It specifically calls out the walking feature. While the battery thing on the front was enough, this just cements it.

Good pictures of bot and city mode on the back too (with a smaller pic of the battle station mode). Looks like the proper color scheme, though I'm not certain the shades are exactly right. Might be that the pic I was using to compare to isn't the best representation.

Very very tempting
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

Unicron wrote:Looks like the proper color scheme, though I'm not certain the shades are exactly right. Might be that the pic I was using to compare to isn't the best representation.
Lots of things can muddle colors in pictures, especially in a picture of a picture. Lighting, camera quality, photoshopping of the original image, and so on. I'll probably wait for better photos of the thing itself before I decide.
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

Thunderwave wrote:Lots of things can muddle colors in pictures, especially in a picture of a picture. Lighting, camera quality, photoshopping of the original image, and so on. I'll probably wait for better photos of the thing itself before I decide.
I know.
There's 3 pictures currently: One of the front of the box with the art, one with the front flap open showing Trypticon and his accessories, and one of the back of the box.

It was the one showing the toy in package that had me thinking the colors might be off. But I was using the pic of Trypticon from the Wiki as a reference, which upon checking turns out to be a scan from the Generations book. Which explains the apparent color differences (Wiki pic looks a little washed out).
So nothing to really worry about.
Attachments
trypticon-reissue-toy.jpg
trypticon-reissue-boxback.jpg
trypticon-reissue-boxart.jpg
Tetsuro
Protoform

Post by Tetsuro »

Knightdramon wrote: If I were you I'd wait until Kapow gets their in/up for preorder, for shipping within Europe etc. That would avoid all customs charges ;)
I'm not seeing any of the other Platinum reissues on Kapow tho, pre-order or otherwise.
Skyquake87 wrote:The only thing that bothers me, is that like the other platinum reissues, I can see the box being preposterously large for no good reason.
Other than for the purposes of display. The original was in a kind of semi-transformed state in the packaging so it'd take as little space as possible, wasn't it?
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Kapow are pretty much sold out on the Platinum reissues. I think they're doing restocks of the Insecticons and Coneheads, but (I've been told), the Blitzwing and Astrotrain set was produced in lower numbers (presumably due to the choice of colours) and they are unable to get any further stock of that set. Which is annoying, as all other UK retailers don't have it either, and ebay prices are a bit steep (£70 +).

Trypticon did come split down the middle in his original box (which was a hefty, but sensible size), but these new reissues come in boxes that are insanely large in comparison to the toys inside. I'll try get some pics when my camera battey has finished cooking. I'm not a fan of wasteful packaging.
Tetsuro
Protoform

Post by Tetsuro »

Oh look, it's out of stock on kapow already.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

...am i reading that right - a pre-order is out of stock...?
Tetsuro
Protoform

Post by Tetsuro »

Probably same as "sold out". It's not letting me pre-order it, that's for sure.

EDIT: Robotkingdom has him for pretty much the same price, but RK ships from HK, so there's that customs issue...