[CUSTOM] My FOC/Universe Chromedome

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Paul053

[CUSTOM] My FOC/Universe Chromedome

Post by Paul053 »

I know this is probably not the best choice, but I'm not doing the recent IDW style Chromedome either. So here is what I have. Body is from FOC Sideswipe and head is from FOC Air Raid. More pictures can be seen here. Thanks for looking and comments are welcome.

Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Vehicle mode is a bit iffy for Chromedome, but that robot mode is pretty damn good. Nice job.
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

I like it (and I don't normally like FOC stuff). I've always thought that head was perfect for Domey. Nice work.
Wreck and Rule!
Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

Thanks for the comments.
Jaynz wrote:Vehicle mode is a bit iffy for Chromedome, .........
Correct. In fact, this toy wasn't even a good toy to begin with. Initially I considered using Drift but just by moving the head over, I could see how tiny this head was. Not to say using the Lambo molds. Then thought about using PRiD Wheeljack but since I've done two customs on that mold already, I'm not so interesting in doing another one. So, here goes with FOC Sideswipe's head.
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

I think he looks rather ace in both modes. Also, with Chromedome's colour scheme I reckon he could appear in an episode of Mad Men without anyone noticing he's a giant robot.

"It's not until you're an adult you appreciate how awesome a dog is. Your dreams start dying, somebody cheats on you, bankers f*** up your pension. Then you come home and that dog's looking at you and he's like, 'Dude, you're awesome!'” - Bill Burr

“I re-invented my image so many times that I'm in denial that I was originally an overweight Korean woman.” - David Bowie
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

I've wondered what this would look like for a while now. I think it turned out pretty well, all things considered. The mold isn't great but you've really made the most out of it and come up with a Chromedome that's way, way nicer to look at than Jazz or Sideswipe. Those colours look great on it.

I also agree with everyone who says that the Fireflight head is perfect for Chromedome.