Best Head/Face Sculpts?

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
inflatable dalek

Best Head/Face Sculpts?

Post by inflatable dalek »

I was looking at my G1 Cyclonus today wondering if it'd be possible to break a horn off in praise to James Roberts, when it really hit me how wonderfully OTT evil his face his, he just looks like a pissed off bastard.

So which toys have really great, expressive faces that really sum up their characters perfectly?
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

G1 Cosmos' face is blank, boring, and odd, so that kind of sums him up nicely. BAM!

Classics Mirage is pretty sweet, even if it's not exactly G1 Miragey. I'm also a big fan of both Animated and ROTF Lockdown's faces.
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

Let's see...

Classics/Universe/Generations/RtS (screw it, I'mma just gonna refer to that mess as Classics from here on out) Wreckgar does it for me. Kinda goofy, kinda looks like the "Troll Face" and looks like he gives 0 craps about what's going on around him.

Classics Hot Spot looks Prime-ish if Prime was done taking your crap. A pretty accurate head for Hot Spot, actually.

Notabot wrote:G1 Cosmos' face is blank, boring, and odd, so that kind of sums him up nicely. BAM!
G1 Ravage because he's all sneaky and catlike. >.>
Addl
Protoform

Post by Addl »

G1 Whirl !
Who esle has a big red nose like rudolph?
Ha ha

Aside from Cyclonus, I also love G1 Scourge's face.
[sigpic][/sigpic] :clap: Isch bin dabbei! :up:
inflatable dalek

The movie original characters generally have very good faces don't they? Galvatron's is great as well.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

G1 Skids. Guy's a mutha****a.

RM G1 Convoy - just the right amount of pointy-ness.

Baron Von Joy.
inflatable dalek

G1 Prowl- So good they turned it into a logo.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

I'd strongly recommend tracking down and modifying a Universe Cyclonus rather than defacing a twenty-five year old toy, honestly. :)

Universe Cyclonus has a great face too, by the by.
inflatable dalek wrote:The movie original characters generally have very good faces don't they? Galvatron's is great as well.
Rodimus, Kup and Blurr both leave something to be desired. Wheelie too. I'd have to agree about Hot Rod, Cyclonus, Scourge, Springer and Galvatron, though.
inflatable dalek wrote:G1 Prowl- So good they turned it into a logo.
:up:

Always quite liked Prowl, myself. G1 Soundwave was great too, and Shockwave's lack of a face is very nice.

Alternators Smokescreen has a really nice head. I love that they managed to take his chubby-faced cartoon model and somehow make him look like he's wearing a racing helmet.

Oh, and I love the first Cybershark. The fact that the grinning psycho with a huge rictus of spiky teeth is a Maximal is a bit weird, but there's a lot of personality in that head (something lots of BW toys lack).
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Hmmm...I'd have to say most, if not all, Alternities have fantastic headsculpts. Stylized, modern, sci-fi high tech whatever versions of said characters. Convoy [and the newer GT versions], Bumblebee and Cliffjumper have awesome headsculpts.

United\RTS Jazz is also pretty wicked. As with Binaltech Meister, he's got one of the best and most detailed headsculpts of his line.

FE Voyager Prime is just kickass regardless of the version, opaqueness or general colour of the sculpt.

Silas Breakdown is one of the first, and most unique true battle damaged headsculpts of the franchise.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

G1 Ratchet and Ironhide.
The Reverend

Post by The Reverend »

Hmm. G1 Wheeljack had a great, distinctive face/head (be it toy or animation) that doesn't need coloring to recognize. G1 Hook has a humorously pithy expression, and Cyclonus is a good hackeyed villain type.

But then again, there's G1 WreckGar and his "Mummy, I don't want to be a Transformer anymore" expression...