Asian Exclusives. 16 New & Interesting figures.

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
poyguimogul

Asian Exclusives. 16 New & Interesting figures.

Post by poyguimogul »

First we got a list of some upcoming new figures from the asian market, and now ACTOYS has package photos, lotta remolds.

\/Source link here\/

http://bbs.actoys.net/read.php?tid-977550.html
Bluecatcinema
Protoform

Post by Bluecatcinema »

Springer and Wheelie look good. G2 Megatron is okay, I guess.
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

Yeah, Springer looks amazing. I've not seen that mold before, or have I been asleep for the last 6 million years?
Bluecatcinema
Protoform

Post by Bluecatcinema »

It's a remolded version of Hunt For The Decepticons Tomahawk, with a new head.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

They all look absolutely terrible. If they weren't largely coated with friendly Geewun trademarks there'd be a fatwah out by now.

Brawn especially looks like a spoof.
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

I dunno, Springer looks like a cross between a 15th gen Turtle figure, Roadbuster from Dark of the Moon and his depiction in LSotW. Also on the website was (I think) the Drift/Blurr mold recoloured into Bluestreak, using the name Bluestreak, using his proper silver and black colours. Kind of like when they recoloured the DS in NES colours.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

These are terrible, terrible figures. And yet there are always a line of idiots going "Hey, Cliffjumper! Well, I need a Cliffjumper for my Classics collection. Never mind if it's any good, I'll endorse it with my money". Transformers fans are less discerning that eight-year old children, and it means we'll always be saddled with shit like this.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Kind of like Wheelie and Swerve. Need a better look at G2 Megatron posing in Bludgeon's mould. Cliffjumper is laughable in transition, amazing as a figure.

Brawn is EXACTLY what I figured he'd be; a mismatch with a TINY head that has to fit over the gap on Bulkhead's body.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

The Prime figures with G1 heads glued on look hilariously bad. Like, "terrible kitbash" bad. I'm genuinely amazed that anyone thought it was a good idea to sell these things. I feel bad that they're only being sold in Asia because I won't be able to see how bad they are in person.

The others...m'eh. Completely unfitting repaints, for the most part, and nothing that I'm really interested in. A few of them look decent on their own merits, though, if you divorce them from who they're supposed to be.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

the winner by a country mile... MOTORBREATH!

...if things are getting desperate at HasTak, perhaps we should have a whip around so they can just stop with this terrbile nonsense.

The G2 Megs gets me, a mould that was unsuitable as Botcon Overlord, so what makes them think it'll be any more appropriate for Megatron?

These all look so bad as to be bootlegs.
TLB80

Post by TLB80 »

What is with the Bludgeon mold getting remade into all these random characters who look nothing like it? First we get that ugly BotCon Overlord, and now this.

Also, all the rest look ugly.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Skyquake87 wrote:These all look so bad as to be bootlegs.
That is exactly the vibe I'm getting; they're like the crazy ones on KOTOYS and the like where a bootlegger's randomly chosen to do a blue KO of Inferno and a few desperate souls have gone "Wow, that'll do as a Classics Hotspot for me".

Brawn probably just nips past Hotspot as my favourite - the Cybertron paint job that looks nothing like Brawn, the utter desperation of combining one of the most individual bodyshapes of recent years with a head that just doesn't fit... The way the whole thing looks absolutely nothing like Brawn can't really be emphasised enough.

That said, I do also find both Cliffjumper and Swerve similarly hilarious. Cliffjumper because it's basically what people with spare FE Cliffjumpers and WFC Cliffjumpers did six months ago. Swerve because it's the usual "hey, let's do a red redeco of that mould. It doesn't really look like anyone, so we'll just call it Swerve, don't want to lose that particular trademark".

And then there's the G2 Megatron. Because if we paint the tank mode of the figure as a homage, the robot mode's bound to turn out to be a great fit isn't it?

Sod it, they're all hilarious. You know those really bad kitbashes you see where you look at them and you think "Shit, they've ruined that figure"? That's what these are, but just done by a professional (=D - wonder how degraded these moulds will be?) company rather than an enthusiastic teenager. I've had a pretty crap morning, but just looking at those figures is cheering me up a treat.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

I think ninja Megatron works great, it's like the G2 toy Hama would have wanted.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Cliffjumper wrote:Swerve because it's the usual "hey, let's do a red redeco of that mould. It doesn't really look like anyone, so we'll just call it Swerve, don't want to lose that particular trademark".
Actually, fans on other boards have been demanding a Swerve redeco of the Kup mold since it came out. I don't get it at all, but this almost feels like someone at Hasbro shrugged and said, "sure, why not?"

He's probably the best-looking toy out of this bunch, but as Swerve? Nah.
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

Those are uniformly crap. The worst bit is, I've been hankering for a Springer and we get loaded with this.
I like bears.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

So will Bludgeon do the full tour of all tank alt mode transformers? If they do a Guzzle and an Impactor we'd have the same unsuitable toy as a good chunk of the Wreckers cast...
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
tahukanuva
Custom Title: Human After All

Post by tahukanuva »

But Wheelie has a slingshot, people. A slingshot.

Did the Bludgeon mold cost Hasbro extra or something? Because tolds of molds never get redecoed at all, but this one is completely unsuitable for anyone else, and is now on its fourth release.

Also, I love that Brawn still looks basically like Bulkhead. "New head, make the grey a bit bronze. We're done here."
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

tahukanuva wrote: Did the Bludgeon mold cost Hasbro extra or something? Because tolds of molds never get redecoed at all, but this one is completely unsuitable for anyone else, and is now on its fourth release.
I'm guessing it's the biggest, newest and most available "tank" character\mould for now. DOTM didn't get any tanks deluxe and up if I recall correctly, animated is unsuitable...so it leaves Bludgeon.

It's the exact opposite of what hasbro said and has done for Cyclonus [universe 2008] until now.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
tahukanuva
Custom Title: Human After All

Post by tahukanuva »

And now everyone's favorite; poorly thought-out G1 redecos of movie toys!

Yikes, that Starscream. I love basically any/every Starscream, but.. Yikes.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Asian exclusive redecos - the gift that keeps giving.