Your most prized Transformers Toys/Merchandise

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
TMM

Your most prized Transformers Toys/Merchandise

Post by TMM »

Have you got anything particularly awesome that you want to share, recommend or show off? here's the place to do it!

Mine would be:

The battlegrounds statue of Optimus Prime and Megatron fighting, with interchangeable heads, hands, guns and all sorts!

The Matrix of leadership statue, which lights up with the key of vector sigma!

Armada Unicron - just had a lot of trouble getting hold of this guy so prize it quite highly in my collection just as i was so joyed when i got it
First we crack the shell... Then we crack the nuts inside!
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

I've got a mint in box G1 Jetfire. He's not exactly 'mint in box', because he's been out and played with over the years, but I kept all his polystyrene and even the red tech-spec decoder. He's not missing anything and the box itself is C9 condition. I wanted to keep him minty-mint when I got him and its stayed that way, although some of his plastic has yellowed somewhat.

I've also got a 'Collected Comics 1' that I really like, which is simply a collection of the first four or five Marvel TF comics, but I really like the brightly coloured pop-art style cover, and technicallty I suppose it was the first ever Transformers TPB. Most importantly its got a lot of good associated memories, namely me reading it with a happy kid-like intensity in the back of the car whilst my Dad got us hopelessly lost on the streets of France, and I simply didn't care because Prime was whacking the shit out of Megatron.

If I'd had the common sense to order a copy of Eugenesis during James Robert's last print run, then that would also be equal top in this list.

"It's not until you're an adult you appreciate how awesome a dog is. Your dreams start dying, somebody cheats on you, bankers f*** up your pension. Then you come home and that dog's looking at you and he's like, 'Dude, you're awesome!'” - Bill Burr

“I re-invented my image so many times that I'm in denial that I was originally an overweight Korean woman.” - David Bowie
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

For me it's two Transformers.

I've got an original G1 Bumblebee. He's a little rusty in spots, his joints are loose, his chrome has flaked a bit but he's all there and still chugging along after all these years. That little bugger was my first Transformer and I've got many fond memories of him. He's been with me through more moves then I can count and was my constant companion when I was little. I remember refusing to go on long car rides without him, and he was always in my pocket when I flew for years (I didn't want him getting lost if our bags got lost). At a time when my life was topsy turvy (my family moved every couple of years when I was younger, from the UK to the US and back, plus some other issues) he was one of the few constants I had growing up.

The other is my G1 Warpath. Like Bumblebee he's seen a lot of love over the years, so he's no where near mint, but he's sitting there all old and beat up on my shelf nice and proud next to many newer, less beat up Transformers. He might be small, but he's still one of my most prized Transformers.

So yea, my prized items aren't because they are super rare, but because of the memories attached to them.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

I have a few as well, mostly due to memories than rarity though. The first one that came to mind is my G1 Grimlock, which is the only surviving G1 figure I have left from my childhood. All the rest were thrown out by my wicked stepmother (I'm sure you people are tired of this story by now so I won't elaborate on my heartache). He is actually in very good shape still and only missing the sword.

Second thing that springs to mind is probably Universe Nemesis Prime, the evil mammoth one. I had been obsessing over it for quite a long time and we weren't doing all that great money wise (a constant theme in my life it seems), and my wife surprised me with him as a gift. I probably treasure that Transformer above most others, with only one other getting a top spot above it.

And the top spot would go to the TFC reissue of G1 Starscream in anime colors. Yeah, I know several of you are groaning now about how horribly unrealistic those colors were in the G1 cartoon, but again it was a very pleasant surprise from my wife one holiday. I have had to sale off all my other TFC reissues over the last 3-4 years due to financial hardships, but I have always held onto this one, and to date it has never been out of the box but once...a true rarity of willpower for me.

Now I know I said that was the top spot, but there is in fact one more very precious Transformer toy to me, now that I think about it. It would be the Spychanger RID Scourge that my stepson gave me. He had gotten it when he was very little, about 3 years before ever meeting me, and forgotten about it all together. When he found it in a box of toys in the garage he lovingly gave it to me because he knew how much I loved "Evil Optimus Primes" as he put it. It held a coveted spot on my desk at work for several years, until people's stuff started getting swiped and I got paranoid, it now resides in a glass cabinet with the others mentioned in this post.
RUNAMOK
Protoform

Post by RUNAMOK »

Sure, I do have a few figure that could be considered impressive, like my complete G1 Scorponok, but there is something else that I'm a little more satisfied with.

After several years of searching I have completed my collection of Danish G1 transformers comics. Or at least I think I have, I have never found much information about it. It's more or less form US #1 to US #41 (not including #15, #16, #25 #26, #27 and Man of Iron for some reason) and it includes the the TF:TM comic adaption. Translation is poor, editing is bad, the mailbox is not answered by a "transformer", but it is nice to have them none the less. It is also funny how my collection made a kind of full circle. The very first comic I got contained Mechanical Difficulties! and Crater Critters, the very last issue I got contained The Cure! and Buster Witwicky and the Car Wash of Doom.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

The most prized one in my collection would be my G1 Ironhide. Scuffed, battered, and survivng some overhauls over the years, I've had him since Christmas 1985. He was the last one on the shelf(of the vehicles, period), and Dad grabbed him right before these two little old ladies could get to him, and I've carried him with me ever since. He's been on planes and road trips. When I got out of the hospital last year and went to a friend's house to recuperate, ol' Ironhide was one of the necessary things that came with me. He's helped me survive a lot over the years.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Gouki

Post by Gouki »

I have a few Transformers I would not like to part with ever, but if I had to I would. But there is only one that I would never, ever part with and that is Energon Scorponok.

It's the first ever Transformer my partner got for me; searching the whole day in Melbourne for the one that he thought I would like as a surprise when I was sick a few years back. <3
"Give into the Demon inside... Shun Goku Sattsu!"
S_Windell
Protoform

Post by S_Windell »

I'm loving these answers!

All too easy for me. A floppy G1 Gears who's missing his rear passenger side tire and branding a few sticky smudges that were decals a lifetime ago. I probably couldn't get a nickel for him, but that's okay because he sure ain't for sale! :D
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

I think the Ultra Magnus/Skywarp Classics set is my most prized. I missed it in the stores and a couple years later picked it up off eBay new in box. Man I couldn't wait to get that bad boy in the mail. Skywarp's colors are just too awesome to not have that TF!!! Now I bide my time until I can afford a City Commander. Unless Hasbro comes out with a true Magnus for the Generations line. It could happen!!

And also oddly enough, Breakaway (Getaway) from the first movie line. He's a neat TF and my wife just completely came out of nowhere with it one day. She never buys me toys when there isn't an occasion, so it was a nice gift!!!
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

My most prized/sentimental would have to be the Universe Combaticons as way back when I was younger the first complete set of Transformers I had were the G1/2 Combaticons, so when I first saw the Universe repaint set I immediately bought them and restarted my collection having stopped collecting after Beast Wars.

My second most prized/sentimental would have to go to Masterpiece Ultra Magnus as the original Optimus Prime was also one of my most loved toys. I also like MP UM because of just how complete he is (except for the lack of a decent trailer).
Destruction is my specialty
Sades

Post by Sades »

I don't think I have one.

... I like Alternators Smokescreen?
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Titan G2 paperbacks, battered copy of End of the Road signed by Furman and Wildman (missed Senior at another convention, but haven't entirely given up hope), Eugen, Generations photobook, movie score CDs, various Grimlocks, original annuals.

LSotW trade paperback when it turns up.

Just re-completed my Titan TPBs. Which reminds me, if anyone knows to a reasonably priced copy of US G2 #2... I don't see the point in forking out much, as the paper the series was printed on won't be in remotely good condition by now.

It's always been more about the stories, personally.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

I <3 my Flywheels.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Robot Masters Optimus Prime (suck it, pedants), who barely left my side for about a year, and has my initials in permanent marker on the back of his shoulder so I never sell him.

That and my Marvel run, which remains unbroken for 332 issues despite my whorish ways.
skywarp408
Protoform

Post by skywarp408 »

Got a few remaining G1 transformers I managed to hang onto when I was a kid.

They are: Skywarp, Snarl, Optimus, Ruckus, Beast Box+Skawk Talk, Powerglide, Weirdwolf, Astrotrain.

I also have a near complete S.T.A.R.S. set. Just missing the badge.

Also have an unopened can of Pepsi from the original "win an Optimus Prime" contest in 1985. Still has some Pepsi in it!

Got some nice sealed g1 stuff too.
Firestrider57
Protoform

Post by Firestrider57 »

My collection of TF's is a fairly small one and fairly new, as well. Many of mine are the "Universe 2.0's" because I am of the age that collected G1. I was in 5th grade in 1984, and from right off the bat , I thoroughly enjoyed the Transformers, especially the Autobots. Here are my most prized possessions in the TF universe

1. First Strike Optimus Prime : Really, almost as good an option to the '84 Prime. Better articulation, bigger and a cooler head. The only dud is that the chest windows are fake.
2. Universe 2.0 Prowl ( my first G1). Likewise, my first Universe 2.0. More impressive to look at with this new , taller look.Like the new Bluestreak and Smokescreen as much. Looks cheaper, however than die cast metal and the paint is a real bummer.
3. Universe 2.0 Sunstreaker : The best Autobot of the bunch. I love yellow lambo's. The chest plate is cool and his head! Wow!!! Articulation is a KILLER!!!
4. Universe 2.0 Cyclonus : Fun, really fun. He looks better in this reincarnation than the mechanical Gumby of '86.
5. Energon Rodimus: Sold my Classics Rodimus ( I am kicking myself). This one isn't bad, and no, I'm not ditching this one.
6. HFTD Deluxe Ironhide: Great bot! Loved his character in the movie. Love the figure lots.
7. Armada Jetfire. Curious choice, I know, but this one really is the second best choice to the G1 " Macross" version. That's ok, he's still Jetfire to me. Only downer-- I HATE that gun!
8. ROTF Voyager Megatron: Yes, I like this one lots. Has a mean face, easy to store and even easy to transform. Movie accurate. Really like the tank tracks.
9. Universe 2.0 Roadbuster. Did not get the original version in '85/86. Loved the old one, but can say that I love his name sake. Like the daggar and the fact that there are minicon pegs on both arms. Trust me, putting the tank minicons on this guy and opening all the gun ports make this guy look really tough!
10. Universe 2.0 Galvatron. You are probably asking if I am sick by this point. I do like this guy, not because he has been a constant thorn in my side to transform, or that he can't keep an arm from popping off, but because it is Galvatron. I missed '86. This one will last about 20 years or more if you can keep all his parts from falling off and getting lost.
Like before mentioned by others, these are not rare or anything, they're just special because of the characters. No doubt many of you can do better, but because of limited space, these are the ones I like best.
The Doctor

Post by The Doctor »

My most prized Tfs are my G1 Prime and Megs. I've had Prime for 25 years and he is banged up but I have a lot of history associated with him. My other prized Tfs are my still functiong G1 Galvatron and Shockwave electronic Tfs. Lastly the Armada Unicron, 25th Optimus Prime and the MP Megs plus Cyb Primus round it out.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
numbat

Post by numbat »

Cliffjumper wrote:Robot Masters Optimus Prime (suck it, pedants), who barely left my side for about a year, and has my initials in permanent marker on the back of his shoulder so I never sell him.
That's a good call - I love that figure. It has almost always lived on my work desk, whichever job I've had, for over 4 years now.

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
numbat

Post by numbat »

My most prized TF is G1 Bumblebee. The first TF I ever owned, way back when they came out, and the very same still in my collection. It's in near perfect condition, which is amazing given few of my G1 TFs survived! And Bumblebee was always my favourite Autobot (Starscream my fave Decepticon, as my parents always remind me! Alas, he fell apart...).

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.