War for Cybertron Toy Discussion

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
praetorian
Protoform

Post by praetorian »

Preda wrote:Dunno, don't like the legs on that Prime. The upper half looks awesome, but the rest kinda stupid... guess I have to see more pics of it...
I'm guessing that he has 'knee caps' that have to be folded up yet on that transformation. IIRC, pics of Classics Optimus Prime did not have his knee caps folded up either, making his legs look really off.

*EDIT* I do recall correctly:
http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Voya ... B000ETQR54
kupimus aka(clocker)
Protoform

Post by kupimus aka(clocker) »

are they out now?

how about now?
Let this be thy final lesson monster, no man is e'er defeated till his last breath is drawn! And e'en THEN, 'tis most unwise for the victor to assume the battle is ended, for with god and man, a war is ne'er over till the ultimate wrong is set aright and the final villain is DONE!
Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

More images for OP. I still don't feel like I like him much. The broad and thick chest with thin thighs.....

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... ime/18145/
kupimus aka(clocker)
Protoform

Post by kupimus aka(clocker) »

I keep looking at the legs and I can't see what people find wrong with them. They dont look too thin to me, they look similar to the classics version. I missed out on the war within prime, so when this comes out(if I have any money by then) ill prob get it
Let this be thy final lesson monster, no man is e'er defeated till his last breath is drawn! And e'en THEN, 'tis most unwise for the victor to assume the battle is ended, for with god and man, a war is ne'er over till the ultimate wrong is set aright and the final villain is DONE!
Preda

Post by Preda »

I have to say that those new pics turned a meh into an instant buy when I see it. Looks awesome. And the legs are better with the kness transformed the way they're meant to be :P
praetorian
Protoform

Post by praetorian »

Video review of War for Cybertron Optimus Prime:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k033DM8pgX0

Definitely buying. If not for the complexity of the transformation or the overall appeal of the figure, then for the fact that the word 'aforementioned' was used in the review.
Ganny
Protoform

Post by Ganny »

Brimstone wrote:They could have meant Transformers: Animated. There is definately a TF:A feel to these figures. Less stylized, but similar design features.
Yup. War for Cybertron Megatron is same kind of mold than Animated voyager Megatron.
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

I don't know if this is know yet, but the Multiplayer is going to have a create a TF

http://www.newsarama.com/common/media/v ... ?aid=34472

Edit: Whoops, wrong topic :o
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
borg72

Post by borg72 »

which sadly seems more like pick-a-paintjob than anything else.

still, twisty-chest prime for the win. i hadn't expected anything near so complex-yet-delicious for prime. not so keen on bumblebee still, but i'd definately pick prime up.
Wildrider

Post by Wildrider »

borg72 wrote:which sadly seems more like pick-a-paintjob than anything else..
That's how Hasbro roll though, change of colour equals a new character. ;)

In relation to the other thread, Armada Demolisher is crazy random though, I suppose it's too much to hope for Cybertron Jetfire, I have want to be humming the Thunderbirds theme tune when I play him.

What do you mean I can't? :(
blastoff
Protoform

Post by blastoff »

the toys look nice for the most part (except for Megatron's hands)
also I would have loved to see Prime and Bumble Bee without wheels
Kinda like Bumble Bee's G1 cartoon Cybertronian mode
instead for rolling they would hover
You've got the wrong bunch
praetorian
Protoform

Post by praetorian »

Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

Those look cheap...and I don't mean "inexpensive." :(
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

"Can't wait for election day,
Wouldn't miss the occupation corporations rule the day." - Pearl Jam, "Undone"
glazios

Post by glazios »

Why does Soundwave's chest look like it's all one piece of plastic? Does it not open to store Laserbeak? And where is Laserbeak? Or any of Soundy's bunch of compact nutters? Oh dear...
Sades

Post by Sades »

They do look kind of cheap. That's disappointing.

Will probably buy a couple, whether or not I pick up any more than that will depend on their quality. It isn't looking so good right now. :|
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Where're all the idiots complaining that they don't turn into something proper?

But yeh, those look like cheap crap. Reap what you sow and all that - good work, people who continue to shell out on mediocre toys because of their commercial branding as long as the price is low enough. Imagine what those would look like with diecast, craftsmanship and a design team who gave a shit.
Sades

Post by Sades »

I don't mind the designs, really. Hard to tell anything when all I'm seeing is pictures however- I'm a tactile being.

Like I said, will probably buy a couple, judge the quality myself and then make my decisions about the rest.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
glazios

Post by glazios »

Cliffjumper wrote:Where're all the idiots complaining that they don't turn into something proper?
Probably keeping their opinions to themselves, as they'd only be re-covering old ground and the causing same dead-end arguments. 'Course, they could also be tired of being told to shut up, and being called idiots for having an opinion in the first place, even if is the same old tired hat all over again.

The Alt. modes look funky because they're supposed to be pre-Earth modes - Cybertronian alt. modes. Why would a vehicle mode from Cybertron, where there are no human beings, have any need for a driver's seat? Or even a cab, for that matter?

The Earth alt. modes we're all so used to seeing, and the Geewun'ers who are so keen on seeing repeated over and over again, were actually meant to be disguises as I recall - those alt. modes needed to have the appropriate interior stuff in order for the vehicle modes to blend in. The Cybertronian equivilant wouldn't need any of because they don't need a pilot/driver/etc., and the war hasn't left Cybertron yet - the 'Bots and 'Cons haven't met humans yet during WFC.

Christ, a Cybertronian alt. mode wouldn't even need a windscreen. That much is common sense, when you stop and think about it. Most people shouldn't need to.
Imagine what those would look like with diecast, craftsmanship and a design team who gave a shit.
I conceed the point there, in terms of diecast and craftsmanship, though not so much on the design team front. Much as we do like someone to point the finger at, we can't blame people for doing their best and failing to come up with something that's going to fly off the shelves faster than Hasbro can make 'em... I mean, hell, when have Hasbro ever managed that with Transformers?

On the diecast front, at least there's a glimmer of hope yet - the Japanese releases always seem to have something shiny added to at least make them seem prettier and generally less shite than the Hasbro releases. Maybe Takara will come through for us.

...That's not to say I'm holding my breath for such an occurance, of course. That would be daft of me. ¬_¬
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Sadonercoequinality.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Cliffjumper wrote:But yeh, those look like cheap crap. Reap what you sow and all that - good work, people who continue to shell out on mediocre toys because of their commercial branding as long as the price is low enough. Imagine what those would look like with diecast, craftsmanship and a design team who gave a shit.
Every toy Hasbro makes can't be Leader Brawl. There are a lot of people out there who actually like simpler Transformers like this, and I don't see why they shouldn't have a chance to buy toys that appeal to them. I think a lot of the toys you like are overpriced, over-engineered and ugly. I don't see the appeal in things like Animated or Masterpiece that most of the fandom seem to drool over, either. But so what? People have different tastes, so I just ignore the stuff that I don't like and buy the stuff that I do.

I'm not a fan of the War For Cybertron designs we've seen so far either, mind you, but I don't begrudge the people who are.