[CUSTOM] ROTF Ravage

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Pun-3X

ROTF Ravage

Post by Pun-3X »

So, after debating with myself about it, I finally decided to give my Ravage the steel treatment. Painted him up using Krylon Hammered Steel, with some acrylic gunmetal on the rubberized spikes to avoid sticky-paint (and top coated with hammered steel again). Added a little bit of gold here and there for cables and hydraulics, though not a whole lot. Sure, he's just another to add to the long list of Ravage repaints, but he does look better this way. :)

Spikes:

Some of the cable/wiring shots--including the hydraulics under the upper leg

No mistaking his faction...

And, goof shots:

...Cats. They always have to bathe. Even the metal ones.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Excellent work! Really show accurate. However, I think Hasbro's release of Ravage as black with Geewun colours is a better choice than releasing yet another -sigh- silver robot. I mean, with Sideways and Sideswipe and Jazz and Megatron and all those silver transformers on the film... the dullness of Sideways' and Sideswipe's paintjob made me not buy them, actually.

Still, this is an excellent work, like the detail done in gold.

And the goof shots are just funny... :lol:
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

I actually like this take on Ravage better than most of the other Ravages i've seen. I was just about to start mine, and this is great inspiration. The lack of detail on most of the body is just enough to capture the basic protoform look yet still make it awesome. Great work.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]