[CUSTOM] Universe Kup - WIP

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
hXcpunk23
Protoform

Universe Kup - WIP

Post by hXcpunk23 »

First off, I gotta thank Ninos (WheelJack at Sector70, fellow admin there) for hooking me up with some G1 Kup parts for this. I already had a Kup planned out using the body of a Universe Sunstreaker and these parts changed my original plans just a bit (you'll see in the images below). I know some of you saw that painted up Energon Towline head on top of Sunstreaker's body in some WIP shots of mine in recent months. Well, I'm still using it, but in a different (and better) way. I shaved down the sides of the Energon Towline head, making it thinner. Then, I took two junker G1 Kup heads, hollowed out the helmets and pieced them together over the Energon Towline head. The face gave off a Kup vibe, but still did't quite look like him (still looked too young). So I took my old hobby knife and carved some old age lines in his face, tweaked the helmet a bit and made it fit better over the Towline head, and glued it all together. Once that dried, I took my dremel to the backside of the head and cut off the helmet crest and tried to flatten it a bit. After that, I took my old junker Sunstreaker (the one that I was using as a WIP for Sideswipe when I re-did a G1-styled head for him over a year ago--some of you might remember). Anyway, I cut the chest up, keeping the wheel/arm hinges in-tact so that the transformation is still the same as the Sunstreaker mold. I took some of the G1 Kup parts and set it over it for these shots. Still a huge WIP, but I'll shave down the Sunstreaker hood to fit under the Kup hood more and I'll need to cut away some of the die-cast over the shoulders and neck area to make things work the way I need them to. I also cut the G1 leg above the knee to see how it would look on this and I believe it will work out great, so for now, I'm sticking with the G1 lower legs, the G1 chest/backpack, and the Sunstreaker body, arms, and legs down to the knee. Even I thought I was crazy to see Kup in the Sunstreaker mold, but it honestly works (so far, anyway). This one has been pushed back a bit while I try to finish up on Galvatron, but hopefully I'll get this one done soon after.

Raze
Protoform

Post by Raze »

Nice work on the head, that's totally Kup. Looks like its going to work and will be looking forward to some updates.
Wanted Used or New -
Henkei Classics Dirge, Thrust. Universe Hound (Ravage not needed)
Grufflock

Post by Grufflock »

That is superb dude. Really liking it.
My universe Kup looks pants now.......
WWW.OLDOILHOUSE.CO.UK
Bringing Robots Into Disgrace Since 1984