Your greatest disappointment...

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Addl
Protoform

Your greatest disappointment...

Post by Addl »

... when having bought a TF.

Mine was Quickswitch I bought in I think '88, because I loved Sixshot so much, that I wanted the Autobot "equivalent".
This toy was so frustrating and ugly, that I sold him on a garage sale sometime 1990.

I guess Galvatron was a disappointment aswell, because the Decepticon leader toy was really cheaply made in my opinion. I sold him too back then.
[sigpic][/sigpic] :clap: Isch bin dabbei! :up:
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Usually it's the expensive toys.
-Ultimate Bumblebee (2007 Movie)
-2007 Movie Offroad Ironhide
-2007 Movie Megatron (Leader class)
-all Crossover toys.
Energon Hot Shot

Post by Energon Hot Shot »

The most disappointing for me has to be MP-05 Megatron. Floppy, hard to pose, side-heavy, tarnished, fragile, and expensive. It's the only transformer I regret buying.
Steam: Hot Shot
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

Energon Hot Shot wrote:The most disappointing for me has to be MP-05 Megatron. Floppy, hard to pose, side-heavy, tarnished, fragile, and expensive. It's the only transformer I regret buying.
i've got mixed feelings about him. he looks really nice on the shelf nect to prime, but try and do anything with him: nighmare

the star wars crossovers urinated on my childhood
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

I'd have to say Universe Ironhide. I was looking forward to a G1 Ironhide with an actual head. I can somewhat stand the blue face, that's not the problem. The problem is the puzzleformer appearance of the Vehicle mode, and the weird problem in the transformation that won't let his head come out all the way.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

Animated Samurai Prowl. I wanted him so bad but after I finally got him, I found out the side car cannot even attach the bike well and all his joints are so loose. Being just Prowl is okay but he is so hard to stand still when putting on the armors. Could be just my bad luck but I was so disappointed.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

That I've bought... could well be Quickswitch as well - there was so little information on TF toys online around the time, and six-changers sound soooo cool... the Universe Prowl mould is there or thereabouts, as the original mould was halfway there and they still managed to **** it up. The fabled G1 Predacons were largely lame as well, especially in comparison to the fandrool. More recently, anyone who hyped Ejector deserves a damn good pig raping.

I do remember being genuinely let down by the look of Universe Ironhide - considering how well most of the other figures have gone, a generic, ugly random Unicron Trilogy-style fourbyfourformer painted in a vague approximation of the G1 character model which thus looked nothing like Ironhide was a letdown.

Of course, I'm quite lucky - I fully expect any Transformer to be shit, and thus tend to be pleasantly surprised on the odd occasion they aren't.
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

Movie Metallic Starscream. God, I hate tha thing so much... I also hate my Armada Scavenger sometimes.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Wow, Addl is back. :)

On topic: Cybertron Voyager Leobreaker, by far.
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

Classics Scavenger. I hate that thing. Just bought out of an impulse. What a waste of $7. :nonono:
"Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

Movies I've seen recently:
Red
Johnny Got His Gun
A Clockwork Orange
Fight Club
Toy Story 3
Zombieland
Tenacious D The Pick of destiny
Watchmen
Clay

Post by Clay »

Universe Ironhide, I think.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Masterpiece Thundercracker, probably. After the awesomeness of MP3, Skywarp and US Starscream, I got the reversed boobs syndrome and excess flash on him.

Masterpiece Megatron is right behind him, he was challenging and all until I figured out his crappy arm could not hold the fusion cannon in place when posing.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Noctorro. His ****ing armwingthings are extremely annoying. Glad I passed when I had a second chance to get him this past weekend... I like my beast wars, but certain non-show characters were definite fail.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Addl
Protoform

Post by Addl »

Cliffjumper wrote: I fully expect any Transformer to be shit, and thus tend to be pleasantly surprised on the odd occasion they aren't.
That's the man!

In any case, a habbit I tend to in many other occasions, but then strange as the joy of looking an the money one saved while not spending it on stuff you expect to be crap should be more entertaining.

err...

Hi Nevermore, alles fit? Wie ist die Lage?

and just to hijack this thread totally: is Clay <--> Claypool?

back to topic: found another one: Blitzwing.
Although Blitzwing is one of my favorites (and that was the problem) I was disappointed when finally buying him 15 years later and MIB... I just expected something spectacular. But while beeing a disappointment, he is still better than a whole lot of others.
MissingSea
Protoform

Post by MissingSea »

Universe Galvatron, too small and he falls apart on every transformation.
Followed closely by Universe Octane
numbat

Post by numbat »

Sadly, I think it was Topspin. As a kid, I was so excited - this was a decent-sized Transformer I was being given as a gift, brand new. But, erm, the thing I liked about Transformers was transforming them, and the gimmick just didn't make up for that terrible let down.

(I've felt awful about this ever since - I think I looked crestfallen only moments after I got the guy out the box infront of my grandparents... I was too young to understand the importance of letting people believe you actually like the present, and they had tried so hard - TFs weren't growing on trees in the mining village they lived and worked in! I was a real brat...)

Second is Megatron. But not MP Megs (I still love that guy, despite his balance issues). Nope. G1 Megs. He broke 30 seconds out of the box - legs just fell off (and looked nothing like the cartoon version - and I know Ironhide and Ratchet were far worse, but they weren't the bloody leaders, were they?).

And I'll always have - what's the opposite of a softspot? - for Rodimus Prime. Jings-oh, what a poor effort. And people here are complaining G1 Galvatron was poor and cheaply made?!?! I'm just glad Rodimus Prime was given to my brother...
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I don't actually recall being let down by any figures when I was a kid - not through good manners, you understand, I think I was probably just easily pleased. Of course, some went to the bottom of the toybox quicker than others, but I think I was always excited when they first turned up. I seem to remember even being chuffed with Ultra Magnus, despite him being utter shite.
Addl
Protoform

Post by Addl »

Yup, some you bought and... well... they always seemd to turn up on the loosing side of my battles in childhood. Some, like Sixshot, always won, strange...

Topspin is crap, yes, but I knew that, so I got him in a Lot with others long after the 80s... so for me no disappointment.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I didn't mind Topspin when I was a kid - I had a bit of a gimmick lust thing going on as a kid, and I had plenty who transformed normally... Same with Runabout. I still have a bit of a soft spot for the Jumpstarters now, but not so much as toys, but because the robots look close to the way they did in the comics.

Actually, I do remember getting very annoyed with Tracks being quite difficult to stand when I was little... looking at the guy now, I'm not sure what my problem was; impatient kid, I expect.
Clay

Post by Clay »

I do remember as a child being disappointed that the combiner teams couldn't bend their knees properly. I was suitably impressed with Abominus in that regard.

Addl; Nope, I'm not Claypool. :)