[CUSTOM] ROTF Rampage

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Pun-3X

ROTF Rampage

Post by Pun-3X »

Nothing real fancy, but I got Long Haul done and decided to try the smoke-spray effect with Rampage. (Tamiya "Smoke" PS-31) Worked pretty nicely on his bright sand-yellow coloring. Ended up giving him a few added details as well, though not as many. Although I ended up doing the elbow-mod showcased a couple of months back at another board. Really adds to the figure.

No pics in poingy-mode. The jackhammer format never appealed much to me.

some details

Need to go back and respray the insides of the back legs. Way too clean in these shots...

Vehicle mode

And, again, the fun shots. :)

Flippin' lurkers...

Hope you enjoyed. :D
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Nice work. What's the elbow mod you mentioned?
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Wonderful. Rampage remains my second-fave Constructicon component (sorry, but the first fave had to go to Demolishor/Scavenger), and I love what you've done with him.

Is the jackhammer mode supposed to stand without help? I can't get mine to stand...
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Notabot wrote:Nice work. What's the elbow mod you mentioned?
The elbow mod was posted on TFW a while back. It basically uses on of the screws on Rampages arm as a hinge, to act as a pseudo elbow (though it turns sideways, not up-down like a human).
Blackjack wrote:Is the jackhammer mode supposed to stand without help? I can't get mine to stand...
Not that i know. However, as another mod described, you can add: a) bent paparclips, or b) black wire to his treads to make them hold their shape, and yet bend enough for the vehicle mode. Haven't tried it though.

I really liked the way the smoke ended up on Rampage. Really gives him a 'grimy' look, without looking too busy. Great.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]