What is your favorite Optimus Prime toy?

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Savannahtron

What is your favorite Optimus Prime toy?

Post by Savannahtron »

My favorite Optimus Prime toy is a toss up between the original G1 and the 20th Anniversary/Masterpiece. I always wanted Prime as a kid, had an Ultra Magnus which I used to pretend he was Optimus Prime all of the time, but the Masterpiece is really nice.

Other mentionables are deluxe Classics G1 Prime and I am a big Optimus Primal fan. I love the original Big Bot and the Classic version as well. I also still have an Optimal Optimus in the box unopened.

TF Animated also deserves a nomination, I have the voyager class one, and it is a pretty decent version.

Last but not least, RID Prime is one of my favorites as well.

Which ones do you like?
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

My favourite is Classics Voyager Optimus Prime, but then I don't have many Optimus Primes...
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Robotmaster Convoy - small, dynamic, focus on the robot mode. Also very good are Laser Rod Op and the smaller RiD version (such a shame it doesn't transform into something on its' own). Do like the original too, in all its' backless, fixed head glory.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Classics Voyager Prime. :) I had the deluxe Classics Prime, and it seemed like it was just slapped together. The Voyager version, however, was simple but fun to transform, has great articulation for posing, and is simply a great toy. I don't own any other Primes than that, outside of G1 Prime and Legends ROTF Prime.
Lonewyrm
Protoform

Post by Lonewyrm »

Classics Voyager Prime here too, he was my first classics bot, I was bowled over by how good he was. His competition was original G1, Powermaster and Movie Legends so he was safe enough.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

For my absolute favorite Optimus figure, at this point I'm going to say Animated Voyager Prime. I really like his character the best of all the versions of Optimus throughout the years, and his toy incarnation has lots of cool features and a very cartoon accurate look. Close second would be Classics Voyager, a very well thought out figure.
Civ

Post by Civ »

Ooooo...I think I'm going to go with Hybrid G1 Convoy since he's small, very articulated, has the trailer, and the best Roller I've seen on any Convoy/Prime figure. Others that I really like, Henkei Convoy and Masterpiece Convoy.
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Tie between Car Robots and Masterpiece. Both robot figures are have a great heft to them for their size, and fantastic articulation/poseability. Both have great transformations and a vehicle mode that is well enough put together that its not immediately evident if or how it turns into a robot. The Car Robots OP also has a great combiner mode with that year's Ultra Magnus, one of the best of that sort ever done, where the gestalt doesn't merely look like you extended the robot's limbs.
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

ROTF Leader and Animated, both Cybertron mode and Voyager. RiD Prime deserves an honorable mention too.
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
Hound

Post by Hound »

I'm quite fond of Powermaster Prime, brick though he may be...
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

I'm with Hound. PM Prime is the only one to come with a toy of a humanoid who looks exactly like Patrick Stewart. That's how awesome he is.
burnitall
Protoform

Post by burnitall »

My favorite of those I actually have would be the new movie Prime, I think it looks great, and I don't know why they (or should I say Bay?) couldn't make more TF's look like their namesakes. The only other that comes close is Ravage.

What I really want is an MP Prime, and not the Hasbro shortstacks version. I may go ahead and shell out for the overpriced MP-04 reissue, since it comes with the trailer.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Hound wrote:I'm quite fond of Powermaster Prime, brick though he may be...
As a child this was my favorite TF toy period, but I have a feeling if I had one now I would disagree, but since I don't I can't say for sure. So who wants to give me a Powermaster Prime to prove the theory? ;)
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

What is really funny is that I really wanted a PM Prime when I was a kid as well.

I picked up the God Ginrai and fell in love with it all over again. I also picked up the US release Power Master Prime with Apex armor.

Brick, but really cool.
Transformer Kamen

Post by Transformer Kamen »

I'm quite fond of the G2 Laser Optimus Prime, myself. Not that he has much competition in my collection. Animated Voyager Prime holds runner up, though he may be replaced if the Jetpack version of Animated Prime gets released. :up:
The Doctor

Post by The Doctor »

The 25th Anni Prime has not been surpassed in my collection.
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

I've absolutely fallen in love with the ROTF Leader Prime, especially since I figured out how to transform him (despite the instructions' best efforts). Beyond that, 20th Anniversary Prime is definitely up there, not because it's a great toy, but because of the massive amounts of enjoyment I get from it.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Count me among the many that salute Powermaster Prime's durability as a factor for a childhood favorite.

Picked up the God Ginrai reissue as an adult, and it had lost its allure by that time for me.

I suppose I have to echo what others have said: I really like the new movie Prime since it looks like what it's supposed to in both modes, and Classics Prime is snazzy as well.
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

25th Ann. is currently my personal favourite, but I'm really hoping to pick up the ROTF Leader Prime.

STOP THE PRESSES! Today i picked up the Burker King ROTF Fallen Prime. He looks like he's made more than a couple trips to burger king himself. And he has no articulation. And a few bits of jetfire that stick to him innapropriately and make it look like he's attending a masked ball.
Surely the best transformers figure ever constructed?
Catalyst Dragon

Post by Catalyst Dragon »

Classic Voyager Prime is my Favorite. But the G1 mould deserves honorable mention.
All that was needed was a catalyst and the machines of war are set in motion.