[CUSTOM] Galvatron (with triple-changing action)

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
frenzy_rumble
Protoform

Galvatron (with triple-changing action)

Post by frenzy_rumble »

This is a recently completed commission of Galvatron, made from the E Megatron (larger figure) Some of the changes were; head on ball joint, articulated hands with rotating wrists, snap on light up arm canon, shoulder treads with pull out jet pack turbines, paint.

comments/critiques welcome.

Robot Mode

Tank Mode

Canon Mode

electro girl

Post by electro girl »

I hate it!

This is of course a lie as you sir are a god TF customisation. If you don't believe me check your website.
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
Energonshield

Post by Energonshield »

Bravo frenzy! Bravo! very clean and crisp hey wut did u use as the arm cannon?
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

umm, those are TFTM Prime's hands aren't they??? I wish that, despite the fact it looks great, you had done a few things different: The Purple should be a bit darker in my opinion, I don't really understand the backpack, legkibble, because of the mold, and maybe a more realistic lokking vehicle-mode. Although that very hard to do, without ruining the whole thing.

EDIT: oh, Waist-Articulation would've been great... But again, that's the mold's fault...
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

you're giving me so many ideas on how to fix my nephew's toy now. i think he may have prolly broken off so much by now that i don't have to do too much work like you have of taking apart wings, etc. but i love it. and yea, the waist articulation is non existant without having to do some extensive cutting, and retooling. but awesome nonetheless!
"Fear denies faith. And for the Immortal Emperor!"

-Space Marines
Pun-3X

Post by Pun-3X »

Waist articulation would require major reconstruction of this particular mold. And while it'd be "nice," it's not needed. The tracks from a Scorponok toy are brilliant and fit right in. Personally, I was not a big fan of the 'dark' purples. Cyclonus, Galvatron and Shockwave are examples of way too dark in their respective G1 toy forms. This shade is just dark enough without getting too deep into it. I think it works quite well.

And the whole thing is yet another F/R Masterpiece. Great job. :)
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

Now that I look at the toy closer in the photo, and from memory, it wouldn't be too difficult. Just my luck would be since it is basically a one piece torso, I would somehow flub it and the toy would be lost. This coming from the guy, me, that is trying to figure a way to extend Cybertron Optimus Prime's midsection to make him more cartoon accurate, and just more aesthetically pleasing :P
"Fear denies faith. And for the Immortal Emperor!"

-Space Marines
frenzy_rumble
Protoform

Post by frenzy_rumble »

waist articulation is one of the last things in mind when making a custom. it's hardly ever important, and only allows weak poses (in my opinion)
I actually think the purple is too dark if anything....galvatron's more of a straight purple, where as in this custom he's a dark metallic.
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Very nice work. Somehow I've only just now discovered your stuff. Quick question: what kind of lens/lighting setup are you using? I'm assuming dslr and photoshop touchups.
frenzy_rumble
Protoform

Post by frenzy_rumble »

I use a cheap light tent from ebay, 2 spotlights which came with it and a Canon SD1100. Only photoshopping I do is blacken out the lighter areas of the background and sometimes remove scratches and/or dust from the surface/base the custom's on.
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

A point and shoot huh? Wow, really shows what a difference half decent lighting makes. I really need to get some lights. I usually resort to putting milk cartons over incandescent bulbs (ghetto filter).
Burnout
Protoform

Post by Burnout »

I personally think this is great! good job! where as you did the whole universe Cyclonus paint job thing... The figure color may not be accurate to the show but by changing it you made it better than a Easter color. I like it, this was the first idea I had when I saw this mold in Energon. Like " They are going to paint it purple and call it Galvatron...and they did.
"BugBite...Do you ever get the feeling like you dont belong here? You know, Like someone just stuck you in a box and sold your soul for a crapload of cash?"