Botcon toy panel roundups...

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Clay

Botcon toy panel roundups...

Post by Clay »

Kudos to Sol Fury of TFW for typing everything up.

Hasbro Product Panel

Collector's Club Product Panel

Quick summaries:

From Hasbro:
  • Remaining Animated toys will come eventually, double pinky promise!
  • When Universe/Classics goes away, it's because they're busy with other things, not because it's unpopular. Will be back in some capacity in the fall of 2010.
  • Later Movie stuff is more oddball: Animated Lockdown done up movie style, an original Voyager mold for Bludgeon.
  • The movie motorcycles: the toys combine, but the character(s) in the film won't.
  • Movie Ratchet will get a deluxe figure w/gun.
  • Another leader figure planned for next year: probably Starscream.
  • Legends Devastator will be a store exclusive in the spring, presumably a boxed set.
  • Masterpiece Grimlock in the next 18 months, maybe. (I'd assume fall of 2010)
  • Regarding fan-made projects: love them when they're done for fun, but start to get irritated when they form companies and start selling things as retail pieces for $100+ as it invades on intellectual property.
Various other bits of info, obviously. Go read the transcript if you want the rest.
Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

So no explination on Demolisher vs. Scavenger? Why is the Voyager toy have one name and the Devestator vehicle have another? And still no explination between why legends Devestator has seven vehicles and Supreme has only 6?

EDIT: Correction, they did explain the difference between 6 and 7 (albeit, lamely). Still nothing about Demolisher vs. Scavenger though.
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

"Can't wait for election day,
Wouldn't miss the occupation corporations rule the day." - Pearl Jam, "Undone"
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Yay! Classics/Universe will be back. Doesn't matter the capacity, I just like the line. Even if it's repaints, etc. because I missed a lot of things when they were first out (Energon, Armada, etc.). Hopefully it will also mean some new moulds too. Either way, more stuff makes me happy! :D
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Clay wrote:Masterpiece Grimlock in the next 18 months, maybe. (I'd assume fall of 2010)
Promising.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Denyer wrote:Promising.
Yeah, and it certainly wouldn't have the hurdles of toy gun laws that nixed Megatron. But if they're putting Skywarp out this fall, Grimlock would have to trail afterward by some time.
Transformer Kamen

Post by Transformer Kamen »

Woot. The Female Starscream finally gets an official name: Slipstream. Interesting.

Animated Lockdown in Movie style? I'm quite curious as to how that will work out.

Also, have we seen a toy for the third bike in the RoTF set? Or have any other information on it for that matter?
numbat

Post by numbat »

Hopefully that Leader figure will be Starscream - I'd be well up for that!

:)

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Most of the bullets are pretty good news. The one thing that I would kinda be like "Boo Hasbro" about is this one:
Clay wrote:
  • Regarding fan-made projects: love them when they're done for fun, but start to get irritated when they form companies and start selling things as retail pieces for $100+ as it invades on intellectual property.
Does this mean they're going to try to shut down Fansproject and other companies? I can see if they were making a knockoff Ultra Magnus, but when they release snap-on armor that Hasbro doesn't intend on making themselves, that doesn't take any money away from Hasbro, does it? It possibly even helps Hasbro since you have to buy Hasbro's product to use fp's.

If anything it proves that some fans are willing to spend more for a premium product that Hasbro's not willing to produce.

It would be great if maybe Hasbro came up with some sort of agreement with them so that they could continue with a premium collector's line. They wouldn't even have to lift a finger if they allowed fp to remain autonomous and maybe received a licensing fee for it. Fp has its own distribution and financial chanels in place so they wouldn't even have to mess around figuring out that.

All in all they're within their rights, but I think it would be cool of them to allow them to operate.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Clay wrote:Yeah, and it certainly wouldn't have the hurdles of toy gun laws that nixed Megatron. But if they're putting Skywarp out this fall, Grimlock would have to trail afterward by some time.
Would they be coming out concurrently? I know the masterpieces have been one at a time in the past, but wouldn't it make sense to do both at the same time? Or would that be too many on clearance at once when they don't sell for $80?

Also, being a late-comer to the party on the ROTF toys discussion, what's the deal with Devastator? Do the deluxe/voyagers combine, or will that be just the gift pack? Sorry if this has been discussed at length, but I've been avoiding the topic until I could see the toys and be surprised.
Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

The gift set is the only thing that combines. And the individual vehicles do not transform into robots, only in to their respective body parts.

The deluxes and voyagers do not combine in any way. Also, there may not be figures for all of them (which is too bad).
SPOILER! (select to read)
We have seen toys for Long Haul, Mixmaster, Rampage, and Demolisher/Scavenger. Still nothing for Scrapper, High Tower, or the enigmatic Overload (as seen on the legends version)
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

numbat

Post by numbat »

Brimstone wrote:The gift set is the only thing that combines. And the individual vehicles do not transform into robots, only in to their respective body parts.

The deluxes and voyagers do not combine in any way. Also, there may not be figures for all of them (which is too bad).
SPOILER! (select to read)
We have seen toys for Long Haul, Mixmaster, Rampage, and Demolisher/Scavenger. Still nothing for Scrapper, High Tower, or the enigmatic Overload (as seen on the legends version)
That may be - but there will be Legends versions of the lot, that transform in to vehicles, individual robots and combine, so at least the most important class is fully delivering once again!

:swirly:

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
S_Windell
Protoform

Post by S_Windell »

Clay wrote:Kudos to Sol Fury of TFW for typing everything up.

Quick summaries:

From Hasbro:
  • The movie motorcycles: the toys combine, but the character(s) in the film won't.
  • Movie Ratchet will get a deluxe figure w/gun.
  • Another leader figure planned for next year: probably Starscream.
  • Legends Devastator will be a store exclusive in the spring, presumably a boxed set.
  • Masterpiece Grimlock in the next 18 months, maybe. (I'd assume fall of 2010)
Let the whining about the bike toys having both bot modes AND combination vs. the Devastator fiasco vs. what is "movie accurate" begin! ;)

Movie Ratchet as a Deluxe will be an instant buy for me!

A Leader Starscream is cool and all but, c'mon, Blackout in that class!

I don't like the idea of Legends Devastator being an exclusive. I think the anticipation for that one has been proven and to think that some people may have a hard time getting it, if at all, is not cool.

I'm no Dinobot fan at all, but MP Grimlock is one sweet toy!
Clay

Post by Clay »

S_Windell wrote:I don't like the idea of Legends Devastator being an exclusive. I think the anticipation for that one has been proven and to think that some people may have a hard time getting it, if at all, is not cool.
BBTS has a preorder up for the Japanese version. I've got that on order as a place saver until more information about the Hasbro version comes out.

It's not any better in Japan, though. Apparently they're being sold in random assortments like the World's Smallest figures were.
Notabot wrote:Would they be coming out concurrently? I know the masterpieces have been one at a time in the past, but wouldn't it make sense to do both at the same time? Or would that be too many on clearance at once when they don't sell for $80?
Can't imagine it would help sales to have multiple $60 toys out at a time, really. One every year or two seems to be enough.
Pun-3X

Post by Pun-3X »

Looking forward to Bludgeon myself. That was a great panel to watch. Of course, the guy kept messing up with the remote and flipping through two sets.

I still laugh at the way we all got to see Bludgeon--they were trying to flip to the "Jungle-whatever Ironhide" and clicked right past it to Bludgeon, all the while going "NononowaitGOBACKDON'T!..." :D

But it was still a great panel. I can understand where they are coming from with the outside creators making products, but I figure so long as it's all accompaniment material (trailers, armor, etc.) it shouldn't be so bad. Though, when whole figures are produced, I can see the line that might get crossed depending on what's made.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Pun-3X wrote:Though, when whole figures are produced, I can see the line that might get crossed depending on what's made.
Agreed. Making an Optimus Prime would be one thing, but if they're making an homage figure that Hasbro really hasn't indicated any interest in making that's another thing.
Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

All I care about right now is EZ Legends Devs becoming available in the US. Nothing else.
"Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

Movies I've seen recently:
Red
Johnny Got His Gun
A Clockwork Orange
Fight Club
Toy Story 3
Zombieland
Tenacious D The Pick of destiny
Watchmen
Gouki

Post by Gouki »

Damn. While I'm happy to see more Animated figures, I was really hoping for a Slipstream rather than antoher thundercracker.
"Give into the Demon inside... Shun Goku Sattsu!"
Skidmark

ROTF Leader Class Blackout Confirmed

Post by Skidmark »

Quoted from Hasbro Q/A Panel:
Will we ever see a Leader Class Blackout?
We have plans for a new leader figure for the fall of 2010 that we think you’ll be excited about, but we can’t tell you what.
link:
http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... nel/16014/

10th question down in the "HASBRO PANEL Q&A SESSION" catagory.
"Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

Movies I've seen recently:
Red
Johnny Got His Gun
A Clockwork Orange
Fight Club
Toy Story 3
Zombieland
Tenacious D The Pick of destiny
Watchmen
Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

My guess is that enigmatic leader class figure is Starscream, not Blackout.
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

Gouki

Post by Gouki »

Skidmark wrote:Quoted from Hasbro Q/A Panel:

link:
http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... nel/16014/

10th question down in the "HASBRO PANEL Q&A SESSION" catagory.
None of that says "Blackout confirmed as Leader Class!"
"Give into the Demon inside... Shun Goku Sattsu!"