Henkei Inferno Question

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Henkei Inferno Question

Post by Jaynz »

This may be stupid, but in one pic I saw of Henkei inferno, the figure looked notably smaller than the Universe version. The owner's hands looked HUGE compared to how mine look with Universe Inferno. Is the Henkei version actually smaller (more to 'deluxe' sized) than the Universe version?

Inferno wasn't a figure that I was particularly following, so I was wonder if it really was that dramatically different, or did the guy posing with it have gigantis (probably once worked for MS designing their controllers...)

Crap! Can someone move this to toys, that's where I thought I was...
Preda

Post by Preda »

Dunno if this solves your problem,but I just saw a review by Mike on youtube,and he compared the Universe version with the Henkei.They were the exact same size.
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Preda wrote:Dunno if this solves your problem,but I just saw a review by Mike on youtube,and he compared the Universe version with the Henkei.They were the exact same size.
Ah, good. I was just wondering if they were that different. I already got the Universe version, and when I saw the pic, I was a bit surprised at how small the Henkei figure looked - I wouldn't think Takara would rescale the mold, but I'm not about to predict Takara's moves in anything these days. :)
Preda

Post by Preda »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWxxwM8G ... re=channel

Thats the review,just in case if you want to see for yourself.Glad I could help :)
Clay

Post by Clay »

TFVanguard wrote: I wouldn't think Takara would rescale the mold, but I'm not about to predict Takara's moves in anything these days. :)
That's very rare though, yeah? The only example I can think of is the Energon/Superlink Megatron, with the Japanese version being smaller. Are there any other cases like that?
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Cybertron Starscream was originally released in the US as a Supreme. The smaller mold was released later much like they did with the Energon Megs.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Weren't those two cases a result of Hasbro's UPSCALING rather than takara's downscaling?

I shall be getting mine [Henkei Inferno] in a bundle with Ratchet and Cyclonus sometime next week. Henkei is the first line since Binaltech that I'm a completist of [minus exclusives].
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

RID Scourge wrote:Cybertron Starscream was originally released in the US as a Supreme. The smaller mold was released later much like they did with the Energon Megs.
The smaller mold was released as a TRU 2-Pack in a maroon color.

The only other US release of the Cybertron Voyager class Starscream is the Target Dirge/ Roadbuster (TFU Packaging)

I for one like the Supreme Class SS. He is wicked Huge.
Come on and wind me up.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

RID Scourge wrote:Cybertron Starscream was originally released in the US as a Supreme. The smaller mold was released later much like they did with the Energon Megs.
The smaller mold came first in the Takara Galaxy Force line. Then when it came out in US he was upscaled to the Supreme class. Then later on the smaller Takara mold was released in the US in the TRU two pack. And then even more recently in the Target two pack as Dirge. And of course the Botcon shattered glass version..but I'm losing my train of thought here.