Henkei Strafe and Minicons club exclusives

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

That's the worst thing Takara have done for... well, probably not that long, really, but they do have consistency in this field. Gold is probably one of the trickiest colours to use on a toy, if you cock it up it can look like shit. Takara just aren't good enough to even try.

Couldn't they even lop the bunny-ears off?
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Not really, Cyclonus is a pretty 'set' toy in that there's not much room you can modify pieces. The head's tucked pretty solidly as part of the vehicle mode, etc.. and since the head is the main component that screams 'Cylonus' to the heavens there's just not a whole lot you could really do with him for a recolor or even retool.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Yeah, altering the head would muck up the jet mode. Not a whole they can do in that regard.
poyguimogul

hmmm

Post by poyguimogul »

Lol when I first Heard about this I was tickled by a little interest, but now..after seeing it.i dunno..I wanna say "EPIC PHAIL" but.. The colors/ placement are dead on (minus the head) I mean, as a TF junky the idea of a Technobot from back in the day is exciting but, not like this... A unique mold could have been more badass then even CYCLONUS himself../sigh..

Whos the Targetmaster? That gold gun is pure win... I want it~!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Clay wrote:Yeah, altering the head would muck up the jet mode. Not a whole they can do in that regard.
They could not recolour this particular mould as that particular character.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

RID Scourge wrote:Hmmm . . . not terrible. I probably wouldn't pay more than the $10 deluxe price point for him though . . .
I second that. I kinda like Strafe's color scheme, but I wouldn't want to go through all the hoops to get him. If I had a spare $10 and the mood struck me right, I'd pick him up. Otherwise, no.
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

Clay wrote:Yeah, altering the head would muck up the jet mode. Not a whole they can do in that regard.
Yeah, thats how I feel about Bot-Con Scourge. Sideways' horns poked out of the holes in the sides of the nose (like Uni Cyclonus).

And while I commend Takara for looking through the G1 library long enough to pull Strafe out of obscurity this is just terrible.

Terrible.

Terrible.

:down:
Come on and wind me up.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

I think they could have at least chopped the ears off, the head fits under the fold out canopy anyway so it wouldn't affect the alt mode that much (not any more than the back half clearly being a pair of folded up legs does anyway).
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Then he would look like a red Cyclonus with his ears chopped off. He would pretty much need a whole new head (not happening since this is a straight repaint) to make anything work, and that would require remolding of the canopy and back, etc...
toyworks

Post by toyworks »

The thing that bothers me most about these half-arsed repaints is not just that you end up with a weak (at best) rendition of a character, but that it also takes away any chance of a decent future release, one that would actually LOOK like the real deal.

Yeah, i know the idea of Strafe or any of the Technobots getting new sculpts was pretty slim, but now the chance has gone from 'slim' to 'none'. :(
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Aye, that's very much my problem with that shitty Nightbeat a year or so ago... The slim chances of a cult favourite getting picked up to fill out a wave so all the big names don't get used straight away (hey, they made Octane, remember?) are basically wiped out, as the fans already have a Nightbeat. Sadly, it's just an awful Energon recolour with no shoulders...
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Strafe is out:
http://www.tf-bbs.com/armada/tfbbs.cgi#967

And the name of his Targetmaster partner is "Rocketbot".

... which was the Italian name of G1 Strafe.
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.