Revenge of the Fallen toy discussion (leaks and official info)

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
borg72

Post by borg72 »

Brimstone wrote:Wait...only "two" modes, "Battle and Guardian"? Does that mean this doesn't transform into a Camaro?
I think 'guardian' refers to the car mode, 'battle' to robot. or the other way round. or something. insert your own 'blunt-edge shoveling implement' joke.
Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

borg72 wrote:I think 'guardian' refers to the car mode, 'battle' to robot. or the other way round. or something. insert your own 'blunt-edge shoveling implement' joke.
Oh? I thought it was referring to a mode with mask down and arm gun out, while the other has the battle-mask up and his right arm ends in a hand instead of a gun.
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

"Can't wait for election day,
Wouldn't miss the occupation corporations rule the day." - Pearl Jam, "Undone"
borg72

Post by borg72 »

Brimstone wrote:Oh? I thought it was referring to a mode with mask down and arm gun out, while the other has the battle-mask up and his right arm ends in a hand instead of a gun.
i got the impression his arm was fixed in gun mode with some electronic gubbins inside. tbh, at two posts I've already invested more than I wanted to over this toy, so if i'm wrong, i'm wrong.
praetorian
Protoform

Post by praetorian »

Mindwipe and Defender Optimus out in US:

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... ed-169138/
Clay

Post by Clay »

Takara are getting into the add-on market with a Jetfire kit for the Voyager Prime mold.

linky

Also, some Megatron repaint.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

If that thing also has tasty Buster-esque paint applications, it might just get me off the fence regarding getting the Voyager mould... A Super-mode Prime that can move :)
borg72

Post by borg72 »

Clay wrote:Takara are getting into the add-on* market with a Jetfire kit for the Voyager Prime mold.

linky

Also, some Megatron repaint.
*not quite; as far as anyone knows, it comes with a prime, not seperately. glad I never bought a voyager prime now, the super-mode looks rather nice.

But then I'm the guy who thinks the legends' combined mode is awesome, so what do I know?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I don't mind 'em in combined mode, it's Prime alone where they fall down. Having an SR-71 strapped to his back distracts from his arms looking like that weird thing that was Olive Oyl's pal in those cartoons where she left Popeye to be in the army.
BlacknRedTed
Protoform

Post by BlacknRedTed »

praetorian wrote:Mindwipe and Defender Optimus out in US:

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... ed-169138/

Yes sir, I found both of these today at my local target. I only picked up mindwipe because I dont buy to many repaints and I think that OP repaint is ugly. I have to say thow, mindwipe is one sweet figure. I am liking these new molds a whole lot, and cant wait to see what comes next.
numbat

Post by numbat »

borg72 wrote:But then I'm the guy who thinks the legends' combined mode is awesome, so what do I know?
Clearly, you are a wise, wise man.

:)
Clay

Post by Clay »

Xeno-the-Hedgehog
Protoform

Post by Xeno-the-Hedgehog »

Did they have to remold any parts of voyager Prime to make that figure possible?
borg72

Post by borg72 »

numbat wrote:Clearly, you are a wise, wise man.

:)
you may think that, but I wave it around making swooshing noises. frequently.
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

Xeno-the-Hedgehog wrote:Did they have to remold any parts of voyager Prime to make that figure possible?
I think so, wouldn't understand how the panels o his legs could have attached there otherwise. I think I might even want this freak. I love the gun with ammo belt...
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

borg72 wrote:you may think that, but I wave it around making swooshing noises. frequently.
That adds points in my book. ;)
glazios

Post by glazios »

Thunderwave wrote:That adds points in my book. ;)
I second that motion! Where's the fun in it otherwise?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

So wait... they're doing an all-new Voyager Prime mould, and also retooling the old one for Jetfire armour? Or Hasbro are doing one, and TackyTomy doing the other? Isn't that a bit weird?
glazios

Post by glazios »

Cliffjumper wrote:So wait... they're doing an all-new Voyager Prime mould, and also retooling the old one for Jetfire armour? Or Hasbro are doing one, and TackyTomy doing the other? Isn't that a bit weird?
It is a bit weird, yes... but when have they ever shown any semblance of knowing what they were doing...
Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

Cliffjumper wrote:So wait... they're doing an all-new Voyager Prime mould, and also retooling the old one for Jetfire armour? Or Hasbro are doing one, and TackyTomy doing the other? Isn't that a bit weird?
Oh wait, TackyTomy has the Buster Prime and Hasbro has the half-face-blackened Forest Battle Prime with two hooks. It is weird.
Clay

Post by Clay »

I know! It's almost as if the Takara voyager is not, in fact, remolded at all!