Revenge of the Fallen toy discussion (leaks and official info)

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Springer145

Post by Springer145 »

RID Scourge wrote:The last movie had a series of figures called Robot Replicas which were pretty much what you're asking about. They even had interchangable hands for weapons. Looked pretty good, but I never grabbed any of them. I'm hoping they repack a few of the old ones and make a Robot Replicas Devestator.

Anyone heard any news as to whether or not Hasbro plans to put out a new Robot Replicas line?
I remember seeing those online, but I don't think I've seen them in person. I did see some very cool looking small figures at Hastings one time that looked imported from all the Japanese on the boxes. There was a G1 Megatron that looked incredible - I wish I could remember the line he was a part of. He probably wasn't but 2.5" tall. The box he was in was waaayyyyy overkill :D

Xbox 360 gamertag: Skyfall865
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Revoltech.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Springer145

Post by Springer145 »

Awesome - thanks!

Xbox 360 gamertag: Skyfall865
Slayer-Fan123

Post by Slayer-Fan123 »

Clay wrote:Here are some images of the deluxe Bumblebee redux: TFW link
Not a fan of it. Too funny looking. Would probably need to see it in real life though to make an actual judgement.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Starfield
Protoform

Post by Starfield »

Speaking of modern action masters, there are also Mighty Muggs. I don't really understand those. They are expensive for what they are.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Those aren't even close. They are supposed to be just collector's vinyl items- with hardly any play value.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Springer145 wrote:Sometimes I almost wonder why "Action Masters" haven't come full-circle. I realize that the appeal of Transformers lies mostly in, well, the ability to have 2+ toys for the price of one, but it seems that highly poseable and streamlined almost-GI Joe-like figures would have a place on the market especially with some of the new movie characters. I suppose 3.5" wouldn't cut it, but you could get away with 4.5" to 5" figures with massive amounts of detail, no kibble to speak of save for what is already animated onto them in media, and various weapons/attachments.
That's what the Robot Replicas are.
Gareth Infinity

Post by Gareth Infinity »

secretcode wrote:Those aren't even close. They are supposed to be just collector's vinyl items- with hardly any play value.
Vinyl-like, as they are not actually made of vinyl. But I know what you mean. They're just like all that Western ("urban"...*shudder*) vinyl platform toy crap. I'm sick of it.

Japanese vinyls on the other hand, are some of my favorite toys!
Vatterott forbid I learn a thing.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

I never really understood what you're supposed to do with a Mighty Mugg. Other than buy them and Display them, of course. Besides shoulder articulation, what else do they have?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Head articulation.
Gouki

Post by Gouki »

Hey, so, has it been mentioned YesAsia.com has a bunch of the RotF toys up for preorder with some pretty nice Robot and Alt-mode pictures?
"Give into the Demon inside... Shun Goku Sattsu!"
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

Treadshot A1 wrote:I never really understood what you're supposed to do with a Mighty Mugg. Other than buy them and Display them, of course. Besides shoulder articulation, what else do they have?
use them as a true weapon of mass destruction. throw them. they are quite heavy! and they just look so darned cute!
"Fear denies faith. And for the Immortal Emperor!"

-Space Marines
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Gouki wrote:Hey, so, has it been mentioned YesAsia.com has a bunch of the RotF toys up for preorder with some pretty nice Robot and Alt-mode pictures?
Nope, but good eye. Only thing I could really find that was new were shots of Leader Prime, but sadly those were in Figure King (I think)'s last issue.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Shame we're most likely not getting robot replicas this time around since I totally missed the boat on that. Would've loved to pick up Barricade and the Bee. I mean I'm totally assuming that they won't be offered since they probably would have announced them by now.

A replica Devestator would actually be perfect since I neither want to spend $100 nor have the room for him (I'd have probably kept him in the individual bot modes if he had them).

I wonder if TRU still has Barricade at least. Vaguely remember them having replicas as close as a month ago, but that might just be my brain playing tricks on me . . .
Springer007 wrote:use them as a true weapon of mass destruction. throw them. they are quite heavy! and they just look so darned cute!
Hmmm . . . I would have gone with ugly tbh, but I agree about their use as a potential murder weapon: It was Colonel Mustard in the billiards room with a mighty mug!

Maybe if they meant mug as in the thing that held coffee that'd be cool. I'd totally buy a coffee mug with Bumblebee on it. :)
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Just don't put beeotch on it, unless you want that lawsuit again.

Good idea about the murder weapon. Never knew they were so heavy. I assumed they were hollow. Will need one know. Information is power!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

RID Scourge wrote:Shame we're most likely not getting robot replicas this time around
We are.
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

go to a books a million, or wal mart, or just your local toy or department store, and just pick up at least a star wars mighty mugg. they are pretty durned heavy for what they are. but yea, musta been colonel mustard :P but i still say it was the maid lol. they also do have blank mighty muggs so you can put your own face, or a loved one's,, on as a mighty mugg.
"Fear denies faith. And for the Immortal Emperor!"

-Space Marines
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

I'm still waiting for mine to arrive from HTS..
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

secretcode wrote:We are.
Nice! Thanks. :)

I hope they throw a few repacks in there, and there's a future wave with Devestator.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transform ... tions.html

Mixmaster instructions reveal a third "Artillery" mode.