[CUSTOM] A few Kitbashes

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Grufflock

A few Kitbashes

Post by Grufflock »

I apologise in advance for the quality of these pics, but I don't have anything approaching a decent camera. Once I have sorted out a camera, I'll set up many a decent picture. But for now, to get started: just a few

Mindset in both vehicle and Robot modes, and my Stepper, as all my movie figures got turned into Blendtrons.

Mindset was built from a KO Onslaught, and a KO Robot Masters Optimus Prime, whilst Stepper is (or was) a Final Battle Movie Jazz
Attachments
steper.GIF
mindsetvehicle.GIF
mindsetrobot.GIF
Grufflock

Post by Grufflock »

And a few more for your perusals

Beast Wars Megatron, Beast Machines Jetstorm and Beast Wars II Megastorm all as Mini-cons [explains the size]

A very poor picture of Megatron, built from a KO Gen 2 Reverse Convoy painted in G1 Colours [theres a HUGE decepticon insignia on his chest]

Movie Brawl/Devastator with Movie Clocker's head. It makes him feel like the 'soldier' of the Blendtron group

Movie Blackout armed with Energon Divebomb's head. I felt that it gave him a 'fanatical zealot' look. Not sure why, but I liked it

And Last, Skyfall, built from a KO Robotmaster [not 100 per cent sure who, possibly hooligan, but he came with wierd, wierd extras] with added hands!

Any thoughts and putdowns? Grin.
Attachments
skyfall.GIF
Diver.GIF
Mongo.GIF
genhalfmegs.GIF
bwlads.GIF
WWW.OLDOILHOUSE.CO.UK
Bringing Robots Into Disgrace Since 1984
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Thank you so much. You have finally solved the age old mystery of 'which is Armada Jetsorm, and which is Runway'. Thx 4 proving me right!

I need this spelled out for me. Blendtron?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Treadshot A1 wrote:I need this spelled out for me. Blendtron?
Unicron's Fuzors from Beast Wars Neo. (Rattoratta, Elaphorca.. and... erm... some other guy... Drancron!)
Grufflock

Post by Grufflock »

Treadshot A1 wrote:Thank you so much. You have finally solved the age old mystery of 'which is Armada Jetsorm, and which is Runway'. Thx 4 proving me right!

Erm, I mean it's Jetstorm from Beast Machines. I've a plan to make a full cast of Minicon and Micromaster sized Beast Wars/Machines/Neo/Second Characters.

Maybe. One day.
WWW.OLDOILHOUSE.CO.UK
Grufflock

Post by Grufflock »

Two more:

A better headshot of Blackout,

And A so-so pic of Boncrusher with Classic Mirage's head.
Attachments
boner.GIF
blacker.GIF
WWW.OLDOILHOUSE.CO.UK
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

very good starts. i do enjoy that you mix and matched heads to make them look a wee bit better. :up: Keep up the good work :)
"Fear denies faith. And for the Immortal Emperor!"

-Space Marines
Grufflock

Post by Grufflock »

Cheers for that springer,

And the rollout continues. Attempting to get pics using my phone isn't the best of ideas, but it's worth a try. As the digital camera has been taken back by it's owner. boo. hiss.

First: Nightbeat W.I.P. it's not finished by any stretch, but i'm liking him so far.

Second: Soundwave: built from Armada Cyclonus, he even keeps Rumble [Mini-Con Crumplezone] and Rumble gets stored in the chest!

Still to come: Shockwave, The Emmisary, Hydra and Buster, Bludgeon, Runabout and Runamuck, Ravage, GEN 2 Vehicons, Decepticlones, Springer, Deadburn and Tearaway, Clench, Ultra Magnus, Prime Nova, and Old Man Prime.
Attachments
soundwave1.PNG
nightbeat.GIF
WWW.OLDOILHOUSE.CO.UK
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Grufflock wrote:Erm, I mean it's Jetstorm from Beast Machines. I've a plan to make a full cast of Minicon and Micromaster sized Beast Wars/Machines/Neo/Second Characters.

Maybe. One day.
I realise, but since he looks like BM Jetstorm, it seems only logical he should be called Jetstorm, and not Runway. Unless someone else disagrees. If Jetstorm's gonna be called Runway, then Runway's gonna be what? Silverbolt?

Me like nightbeat.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pun-3X

Post by Pun-3X »

Well, the wonderful thing about customs is you can do what you want with them, which would include making up a paint scheme that fits one character while naming him another. Logic based on what we're familiar with doesn't really need to be applied--it's whatever the creator wants it to be. I know it all kinda goes without saying...but eh, I'm saying it.

These are all quie nice, btw. The headswaps seem to work well. :)
Grufflock

Post by Grufflock »

Treadshot A1 wrote:I realise, but since he looks like BM Jetstorm, it seems only logical he should be called Jetstorm, and not Runway
In that case I wholeheartedly agree.I could bring up the Tankorr/Octane subject, but thats a sore point for me.

Glad ya like the Nightbeat. I've got many a sketch and idea for doing some short comics based on the kitbashes I do. Maybe one day, when time is on my side......

Anyhoo.. Two More!

Shockwave is built from a Shockblast figure, with added lego technic parts to keep the gun articulated, and the gun is from my KO Reverse Convoy [Thank you Poundland!] with a Lego Technic tube attached.

The Emmisary [Of Unicron, if you have to ask...] was a Protoform Prime, with a few added sculpts. I'd love to get a Protoform Starscream to mess with in the same kinda way, but I ignored the movie toys to start with. And yes. He's a bit......Sharkey.... kind of.
Attachments
emmers2.PNG
emmers1.PNG
shockers3.PNG
shockers2.PNG
shockers1.PNG
WWW.OLDOILHOUSE.CO.UK
Grufflock

Post by Grufflock »

And a quick side shot of the "beast mode?"

Edit: Just realised I'd forgotten to put a pic of Rumble in there. I'll put one of him attached to Soundwave up tomorrow.

Also, I'd forgotten about a G2 Dragstrip made from a KO Robot Master Mirage. God. I love KOs. So So Much. When it's a whole pound for a figure, the kitbash part of my brain goes into overdrive.

Still to come: Hydra and Buster, Bludgeon, Runabout and Runamuck, Ravage, GEN 2 Vehicons, Decepticlones, Springer, Deadburn and Tearaway, Clench, Ultra Magnus, Prime Nova, and Old Man Prime. And Sentinus Maximus. (Forgot about him)..... does someone else want to choose the next batch?

Working On: Turning Animated Cybertronian Megatron into IDW Thunderwing, Classics Kup, Classics Hunn-Grr
Attachments
dragstrip2.png
dragstrip.png
21-08-08_2039.jpg
emmers3.PNG
WWW.OLDOILHOUSE.CO.UK
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

I can't wait to see hun-grrr. What mould's he gonna be.

I planned my own terrorcon set a while back:

MOV Armorhide (Blot)
ENE Battle Ravage (Sinnertwin)
ENE Cruellock (Rippersnapper)
ENE Divebomb ( Cutthroat)
ENE Slugslinger Hun-grrr

Can't wait to see what other molds people come up with.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Grufflock

Post by Grufflock »

I'm actually using a pair of Classics Grimlocks to make Hunn-Grr. I've thought about what to use for the rest of them, not really come up with anything yet.

Last two Blendtrons:

Tearaway is a Movie Bumblebee with a paintjob amd legs reworked, as I hated the clown feet he had

Deadburn is a simple repaint of the other Movie Bumblebee

Last, Classics Bludgeon. Although you can't see it very well, I've sculpted down the Titanium Megatron head to expose loads of wiring from under his "nose"
Attachments
22-08-08_2142.jpg
22-08-08_1042.jpg
22-08-08_1041.jpg
22-08-08_1040.jpg
22-08-08_1039.jpg
WWW.OLDOILHOUSE.CO.UK
Grufflock

Post by Grufflock »

Decided to get a load done and up tonight:

First up, the Decepticlones MK1. Built and repainted from a few small Megaplex KO's (I think thats what they were). One does have a fusion cannon attached.

Next, Decepticlones MK2, Same range of KO's, but one has a KO Robotmasters Mirage's arms attached to bulk him up.

Close up of Decepticlone No 1453. Or Frederick as I like to call him

Prime Nova [Still havn't got round to building the extra armour for him to become the IDW Nemesis Prime, but thats okay by me for now. Besides, finding yet another RID Prime just for parts is proving...expensive)

Last for this bunch, Springer. Just followed the Botcon/Collectors Club figure, but used a much darker green and gray. Also put a few extra details in there.

Edit: Just in case anybody asks, Marvel Comics named Sentinel Prime's predecessor as Prime Nova, not Nova Prime. I just kinda like it that way around.
Attachments
22-08-08_2151.jpg
22-08-08_2148.jpg
22-08-08_2137.jpg
22-08-08_2136.jpg
22-08-08_2133.jpg
WWW.OLDOILHOUSE.CO.UK
Grufflock

Post by Grufflock »

To Continue:

Runamuck and Runabout. Yes, One was Bumblebee, the other was Cliffjumper. I've some KO heads I want to use to replace the horned ones, but as yet, not got round to it

Some slightly blurred close ups of both Runabout and Runamuck.

Now, a W.I.P. that I've been working on for quite some time. Ultra Magnus. Still needs Rocket Launchers, and once I've all the extra parts, painted. However since the anouncement of the City Commander set, both him and Prime Nova have been put on the backburner, while I see if I can get the set.
Attachments
22-08-08_2150.jpg
22-08-08_2149.jpg
22-08-08_2147.jpg
22-08-08_2146.jpg
22-08-08_2145.jpg
WWW.OLDOILHOUSE.CO.UK
Grufflock

Post by Grufflock »

next set:

Clench!

Clench was built from a KO Cybertron Optimus Prime, Arms from a KO Robotmasters Optimus, Head and Gun were from a 2 quid robot toy that came in a egg from tesco. really. I need to built something to cover the hands in vehicle mode. Suggestions?

Other pic is what I kinda named Old Man Prime. Just a old, run down Prime. I built this one from a KO Robotmaster Prime, with loads of carboard, and some bits from a tank kit. This was my second Kitbash, and I feel he may get turned into something else when I actually buy a Prime to BE a Optimus Prime

Still to come: Hydra and Buster, Ravage, GEN 2 Vehicons,Old Man Prime. And Sentinus Maximus. And a Minicon version of BB from Beast Wars II.
Attachments
22-08-08_2319.jpg
22-08-08_2141.jpg
22-08-08_2140.jpg
22-08-08_2139.jpg
22-08-08_2138.jpg
WWW.OLDOILHOUSE.CO.UK
Grufflock

Post by Grufflock »

Last Set:

Jhaxius: Built from a horrible oversized LOC Starscream. Possibly the worst KO ever, but served it's purpose in showing me a Jhaxius CAN be built. Head is from a equally horrible Hot Shot KO and arms are from a quite decent Dreadwing KO. One day I'll get a official Cybertron Starscream to make into a decent Jhaxius.

Next: Sentinus Maximus. Micron Protector! It really is just a head swap and a bit of a repaint with two launchers from my KO Reverse Convoy. But I loves him! He was the Turbo Tanl Star War figure, and both those missile launchers are mounted on gimbals to give much movement!

And last, Old Man Prime's Truck mode. Really do need to turn him into something else so I can get a real Prime!:D
Attachments
22-08-08_2322.jpg
22-08-08_2331.jpg
22-08-08_2330.jpg
22-08-08_2332.jpg
22-08-08_2333.jpg
WWW.OLDOILHOUSE.CO.UK
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Grufflock wrote:I'm actually using a pair of Classics Grimlocks to make Hunn-Grr. I've thought about what to use for the rest of them, not really come up with anything yet.

Last two Blendtrons:

Tearaway is a Movie Bumblebee with a paintjob amd legs reworked, as I hated the clown feet he had

Deadburn is a simple repaint of the other Movie Bumblebee
WOW! Hun-grrr, me think me no want to see him in dark alley...

Me like tearaway, look like me own movie windcharger (desert rally windcharger, as i call him). Deadburn, from BB, Or Stealth BB?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

Tearaway is the Classic Camaro form, Deadburn is the Concept version
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!