What was your first TF (Or first you can remember)?

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
secretcode

What was your first TF (Or first you can remember)?

Post by secretcode »

Thread is self explanatory.

Mine was Beast Wars Rattrap.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

Laser Rod Optimus Prime, circa 1998. I still have the trailer, but Prime's long gone...
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
wolfbolt86
Protoform

Post by wolfbolt86 »

I think either G2 snarl or Grimlock.
Energon Hot Shot

Post by Energon Hot Shot »

Energon Hot Shot. Then I got Inferno for the Powerlinx gimmick. Next I decided I needed a Decepticon and got Scorponok. It all picked up from there.:)
Steam: Hot Shot
Slayer-Fan123

Post by Slayer-Fan123 »

My first ones were: Original Rhinox, Inferno, Depthcharge, TM Tarantulus, Original Airazor, Armordillo, Spittor, Tripredacus,and Clawjaw.

I had about 97% of the Beastwars line.
Then my family moved and I could never find them:(
I cried for god-knows how many days.:(
That was the end of my childhood:(
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

RID Storm Jet, followed by the components of Landfill.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Oooh... What a nice thread! Well, my childhood is a bit vague, because of the number of knockoff 'transformable toys' here in Asia.

But I remember playing with the BM Dinobots. Airraptor (Archadis repaint), Dinotron (Hardhead repaint) and TWrecks (Megatron repaint). They were soon forgotten when I moved.

However there is hope yet for this fan. When the 2007 Movie hit the screen, I was in love with Transformers. Buying my first Transformers in my 'serious' collection, Power Up VT6 and Speed Dial 700, followed soon by Movie Voyager Starscream.

What happened to the BM toys? Well, Dinotron was given to an orphanage. TWrecks I finally found, but 25% of his parts, including robot head, are gone. Airraptor I am still looking for it. *sigh* story of my life...
Gareth Infinity

Post by Gareth Infinity »

I can't remember ever receiving G2 Seaspray, but I remember always playing with him when I was younger. I must've gotten him when I was very young. Also recently discovered a G2 Turbofire in the garage, but I really don't remember that one from my childhood. Hell, it says it was made in '91...same year I came out!
Vincent
Protoform

Post by Vincent »

By no exagerration do I say that all my very first memories were related to Transformers. I mean, really, for all I know, I was probably born with a Transformer in my hand :lol:

Well, let's see. The oldest toys I could think of were some really simplistic car bots. Maybe Sunstreaker coz I remember a yellow guy. I also had a small tank. I'm pretty sure I had alot of toys before that but I just can't reach that far :swirly:
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

I think the first ones I had were all G1 (since it was the mid-80's) Prime, Grapple, Kickback, Runamuck, and Devastator. And an assortment of Gobots. Oh yeah, and Cyclonus.
The Reverend

Post by The Reverend »

First one I had was G1 Optimus Prime. Soundwave (& Buzzsaw) was the second. The last one I got was G1 Siren, and I hated it.
Mospeada

Post by Mospeada »

I opened Thundercracker and then Megatron on Christmas Day in '84 or '85, I can't recall which year it was off of the top of my head. I think it was '84 because I got mostly Joes in '85.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

I can't recall for sure. My earliest memory of Transformers was G1 Bumblebee and Slag. I'm almost certain one of those two were my first. I remember very clearly finding my Christmas gift in 1985 hidden in the closet wrapped in towels, in the form of G1 Megatron. This was when I discovered of course that there was no Santa, at the ripe old age of 6. I remember having most of the minibots, Grimlock, Soundwave, and Prowl that same year. Its hard to say which one of those I got first, but my money is on Bumblebee or Slag. Too many acid trips in my teenage years rendered my long term memory useless at times I'm afraid.
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

Mine was G1 Cosmos in 1985.

Amazingly I still remember selecting him in the shop. As I recall, I had been told I could have one minibot. The shop had loads, but only two types - Cosmos & Seaspray. Over 20 years later, am I still happy I chose Cosmos? Hell yeah! He rocks. :swirly:
Wreck and Rule!
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Topspin most likely. Had a bunch of Gobots before that though. My oldest that I remember is a white Waterwalk whom I keep on my desk. My mom says there was another but it got chewed up by a vacuum cleaner. Don't remember it at all.
PresidentSEARS

Post by PresidentSEARS »

We were a poor family (queue the violins), so I never really had anything bigger than what would now be called Voyager.
My early TF collection consisted mainly of Micromaster's and Minibots, although I owned a few bigger bots here or there.
The three I remember most vividly are Action Master Inferno (I remember the trip to the TRU (incidentally still my most loved toy shop) and picking it up in the isle). Micromaster Base Countdown (I remember listening to the action tapes whilst playing with it), and Bumblebee, whom I remember stripping of tyres in some childlike act trying to make him look cooler.
martyboy70

Post by martyboy70 »

G1 Tracks and Powerglide and a few Gobots for Xmas (probably 85)
Loss of job. Will sell for food here.
FortMax

Post by FortMax »

My first was G2 Prime (G1 redeco). My brother and I mainly used him as the Megazord.
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

My first I think was G1 Constructicon Hook. I got Trypticon second-hand a long time ago as well, and I still have him. But the one who really got me going would have to be Beast Wars Insecticon! (the blue and green beetle)
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

The first TF I ever got was G1 Lightspeed, for my fourth birthday. I remember reading "Recommended for ages 5+" on the card and worrying that my parents would have to take it away. Not long after that I got Misfire (using money I got for my birthday, I think), and within the next couple years I had built up a fairly sizable army of Targetmasters, Technobots, Terrorcons and Pretenders, alongside a handful of second-hand toys from '85 and '86.

Most of them are broken now. :(