In yo' FACE! You AMERICANS!

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Vincent
Protoform

In yo' FACE! You AMERICANS!

Post by Vincent »

Oh yes, I stood by as you talked about all your toys. Your fancy WalMarts packs and your exclusive repaints. Always giggling about you're easy to use and well-priced shipping rates to get your Masterpiece and Reissues. While I stood by month after month, just watching my TRU shelf clutter with Alternator Ravages and other fodder. But this time, I win!

Yes, I have Astrotrain. No, not classics. HENKEI! YES! I have a Japanese toy! Feast your eyes on THIS! G1-accurate paint, fancy chrome. Oh yes, it feels good.

I got it in some Malaysian store. I love my Space choo-choo! Oh the purple, it's so deep!

Note: Any aggressive voice detected in this post was merely intended as a comic device. I was also still on the rush.

=) but congrats for me!
Civ

Post by Civ »

Vincent wrote:Feast your eyes on THIS!
Text? You gots to show da pictures, man.
Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up:
Mospeada

Post by Mospeada »

Well, we all have that magical wonderland called Ebay....
Prons
Protoform

Post by Prons »

You're Malaysian? Darn you, I love malaysian women!

And the toy is cool too... if you'd post pictures. Of the toy with some malyasian women. Get to steppin'.
LKW
Protoform

Post by LKW »

Good on you, Vincent-o! O!
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Vincent wrote:Oh yes, I stood by as you talked about all your toys. Your fancy WalMarts packs and your exclusive repaints. Always giggling about you're easy to use and well-priced shipping rates to get your Masterpiece and Reissues. While I stood by month after month, just watching my TRU shelf clutter with Alternator Ravages and other fodder. But this time, I win!

Yes, I have Astrotrain. No, not classics. HENKEI! YES! I have a Japanese toy! Feast your eyes on THIS! G1-accurate paint, fancy chrome. Oh yes, it feels good.

I got it in some Malaysian store. I love my Space choo-choo! Oh the purple, it's so deep!

Note: Any aggressive voice detected in this post was merely intended as a comic device. I was also still on the rush.

=) but congrats for me!
Great. Too bad i got it a month ago in Hong Kong. In yo' face!;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Mospeada

Post by Mospeada »

I smell the cordite of a vicious drive by owning!
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Prons wrote:You're Malaysian? Darn you, I love malaysian women!

And the toy is cool too... if you'd post pictures. Of the toy with some malyasian women. Get to steppin'.
Hey! my mum was born in Singapore, you stop drooling now and hands were I can see them!
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
numbat

Post by numbat »

Oh, you guys and all your boasting...

I'm just waiting for any new TFs to appear on the shelves in Hamilton.

I'm getting sick of the sight of Cyberslammers and those darned Movie transforming blaster things... Even a change of scenery to Animated (which, although I am impressed by the incredible designs, the style just doesn't do it for me) would be preferable!

I wonder when Universe will arrive here... (I won't be holding my breath.)

Oh, though, I am awaiting delivery of Henkei Astrotrain though, which cost me little more than UK Deluxe shelf-price including postage. (Although my first attempt at ordering the guy did fall through thanks to the consistent rubbishness that is EpicHeroes...)

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

I feel your pain Numbat. I too wish for variety on UK shelves, and by that I mean ACTUAL transformers, not those blaster things or robot replicas or cyber stompers (shudders).
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Vincent wrote:G1-accurate paint
When you say accurate, would that be American toy, Japanese toy or cartoon?
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

numbat wrote:I'm just waiting for any new TFs to appear on the shelves in Hamilton.

I'm getting sick of the sight of Cyberslammers and those darned Movie transforming blaster things... Even a change of scenery to Animated (which, although I am impressed by the incredible designs, the style just doesn't do it for me) would be preferable!

electro girl wrote:I feel your pain Numbat. I too wish for variety on UK shelves, and by that I mean ACTUAL transformers, not those blaster things or robot replicas or cyber stompers (shudders).
You Have Slammers?! AND Robot Replicas?! Wow! I can't even find TF's anymore! :lol:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Vincent
Protoform

Post by Vincent »

Text? You gots to show da pictures, man.
lol ok sorry. I only had a crappy cellphone camera at first. The situation has been ERECTED!
Well, we all have that magical wonderland called Ebay....
Hmm, true. Unfortunately for me ebay isn't as convenient.
You're Malaysian? Darn you, I love malaysian women!
Er, no. I'm not Malaysian. I'm a Saudi residing in Saudi Arabia. I'm in Malaysia for a vacation. And I'm not a woman :lol:
Good on you, Vincent-o! O!
Yup! Thanks!
Great. Too bad i got it a month ago in Hong Kong. In yo' face!
Yes, in my face hah.
Hey! my mum was born in Singapore, you stop drooling now and hands were I can see them!
That's cool. The Malaysia Sightings thread was like 3 posts long but Singapore was over 3 PAGES long!

@numbat: you're gonna like henkei space choo-choo.

@halfshell: I don't know anymore, haha.

But on to the pics!

^the chrome

You feelin' lucky, punk?

Astro needs to rest for a bit :lol:
Mospeada

Post by Mospeada »

He looks awesome. Good score.

I didn't know the toy buying situation was that bad in UK stores though. I'm glad for the fact that many US stores carry atleast movie TF's and Animateds. I've still only found Universe Classics at TRU and Target so far though.
martyboy70

Post by martyboy70 »

Mospeada wrote:He looks awesome. Good score.

I didn't know the toy buying situation was that bad in UK stores though.
Yup its bad.
Poor availability and limited and late releases along with bad distribution(the guy who runs my local indy toyshop says he wont be ordering from Hasbro ever again after they let him down so many times with the Movie run by sending him in half the order he wanted or substituting what he ordered for the slow selling stuff like the arm blasters and TECH stuff.this was because they were caught with their pants down and didnt have anywhere like enough stock to fulfil the orders the reps were taking)
So not only do we get the stuff late and in limited numbers but we have to pay twice the price you colonials do for the priviledge because we pay the same in Pounds as you do in Dollars and the exchange rate is 2:1.
So yeah its great being a TF collector in the UK;)
Loss of job. Will sell for food here.
Mospeada

Post by Mospeada »

How can Hasbro be so asinine? It's pretty obvious that Transformers as a property is huge in the UK. On all the TF message boards I post on, half of the posters are in the UK.

And the blasters and tech figures...my God, those are the worst. I'm truly sorry how bad they're screwing the UK market. Hasbro needs to remove the head from the ass with all speed. :(
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Mospeada wrote:Hasbro needs to remove the head from the ass with all speed. :(
I didn't realise there was a donkey-former. WOW!

But, seriously, those tech things and arm blasters sukk. Even the old arm blaster so called transformed. Now, wawt teh f***?!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Mospeada wrote:And the blasters and tech figures...my God, those are the worst. I'm truly sorry how bad they're screwing the UK market. Hasbro needs to remove the head from the ass with all speed. :(
The best places we have are TRU but their shelves are still littered with the blasters and tech crap anw Woolworths only seem to stock leader and Star wars figures.(and hardly anyone buys the leaders at £40/$80 a go). Argos is ok but its a lottery as they dont list the individual figure only the class they are in. but as UK TF collectors we still try ourbest, my college is running a trip to washington so im gonna give my freinds a shopping list.(heres hopeing for movie Jazz in g1 colours).
Target
Protoform

Post by Target »

numbat wrote:
Glad your not holding your breath for them, it would be the colour of the scottish flag by now!!
If you can keep your head when all around are loosing theirs...you probably haven’t grasped the situation!!
numbat

Post by numbat »

Target wrote:Glad your not holding your breath for them, it would be the colour of the scottish flag by now!!
I'd have cycled through all the colours of the two flags.

First the yellow, then the red of the lion.

Then the blue and finally white of the saltire.

Luckily, I'm more laid back than that!

Oh, and my local Woolies only stocks Slammers and Arm Blasters. Not a single transforming transformer in sight... (And they're still building my local Argos, lol!)

I do note we have a glut of Alternator Wheeljacks at 5.99 GBP in Argos(es) (around Glasgow and from home delivery) though. Clay would be sorted for collecting over here. :p

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.