Universe Blaster and Heavy Load

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

burnitall wrote:So, if Blasters a repaint of Soundwave, what was Heavy Load originally?
Quickmix
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Nevermore wrote:Just to elaborate, the reason for this is because price classes are determined by factors such as "plastic weight", not "height" (lay a toy down, does it become cheaper then?).
This is especially shown lately in the Animated line with the extreme variences of the Deluxe Class' toy size. They range from anywhere from around 4'' (Soundwave) to 8'' (Lockdown).
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

sadly, i haven;t seen many universe toys besides Sunstreaker and Prowl. And the Target that is being built is taunting all of us in Fort Smith by not being finished as of yet. I am hoping I can pick up at least Powerglide since I am in love with the A-10 Tank Busters, and plan to take him apart, then repaint him in a jungle or desert camo. But that is a BIG IF he gets put on the shelves at our wal-marts - but I do have luck at K Mart sometimes, so fingers crossed.
"Fear denies faith. And for the Immortal Emperor!"

-Space Marines
eleven59
Protoform

Post by eleven59 »

saw both today at 2 diff walmarts.. each had 2 of each so that was prob all they had gotten... nothing in target or TRU... still waiting for mass shipments of Onslaught!
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Saw Heavy Load today out at TRU. I like the Bio for him seems like a cool character, but I don't think I totally like the mold.
eleven59
Protoform

Post by eleven59 »

seems now that all the walmarts by me have heavy load and blaster.. again 2 of each.. but the targets have nothing.. they are all re-organizing their shelves it seems...
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

I poked around on the internet and couldn't find anything much on Heavy Load. If he's part of the Classics series, is he a 'Con with a new name? I couldn't find anything under "Heavy Load" that even remotely matched his bio.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

eleven59 wrote: how is it we get exact release dates for dvds, music, heck even the iphone, but hasbro sets a release date of "sometime" around august, we all have to guess, and lo and behold they trickle in from village to village weeks before the supposed release date?
Uh...because toys aren't consumer electronics and the target demographic (kids) probably doesn't care about release dates?
its a miracle this company has managed to stay in buisness this long.
Seriously, this makes you sound crazy, even if it's hyperbole.

On-topic now, I found a Blaster today, and I kind of regret buying it. I feel like I should've bought the Onslaught I saw over the weekend since it's a newer mold and the Soundwave/Blaster one isn't really that great.
Vincent
Protoform

Post by Vincent »

Yes, you SHOULD regret it.

AAARGH I WANT ONSLAAAAUGHT.
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

Yeah, me too. I got some money saved for Onslaught.
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
burnitall
Protoform

Post by burnitall »

I never got into the Cybertron show, or its toys, so I didn't know Blaster and H.L. were just repaints. Well, I looked at the reviews of the originals, and I think the Soundwave version looks better. Would have rather ordered that one. And once I got H.L. transformed I wished I had saved my money. If only they had Onslaught in stock that day, I would have spent my money on that and learned about how crappy those repainted Cybertrons were in the archive, and passed on them.
Clay

Post by Clay »

I bought a Blaster today, and it seems like the mold deteriorated since its first use. The joints are looser, and the bird doesn't attach to the shoulder/wingtip notches securely.

Besides that, the color pattern doesn't seem to take into account that some parts were meant to be translucent. The targeting sight on the gun is an example. It's opaque now, which is silly.

Oh, well... the search for Blades and Powerglide continues...
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

Saw both at my local TRU. But didn't pick them up. Blaster did look nifty sicne I hadn't seen the SW mold ever.
"Fear denies faith. And for the Immortal Emperor!"

-Space Marines
numbat

Post by numbat »

For those looking for the Voyagers and Ultras in the UK, Argos have them both.

My Argos in Hamilton of all places has the Voyagers in stock at the usual 19.99, and the Ultras can be ordered in in a couple of days, or delivered straight to your home at the normal 24.99. Of course, you can't choose which one easily, unless they have a few instock and you ask to see 'em all.

(I don't know what's going on with the Deluxe price increase to 12.99 though...)

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

I got Heavy Load, and I have to say, I really like him. I'm so glad I passed on Blaster. He looked horrible, even in the box. It seems I'll be taking Blades over Onslaught, as I no longer have enough money for him and I need more Universe Autobots anyway.
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Sunstreaker2 wrote:I got Heavy Load, and I have to say, I really like him. I'm so glad I passed on Blaster. He looked horrible, even in the box. It seems I'll be taking Blades over Onslaught, as I no longer have enough money for him and I need more Universe Autobots anyway.
I've got Heavy Load too, and I also like him. Not going to get Blaster though, I already have Cyb Soundwave, so there's really no need. Had they changed the head mold to look more like Blaster, I may have considered it.
numbat

Post by numbat »

I think they could have done a better job at colouring Blaster like, erm, Blaster than they have - and perhaps make less of a dogsdinner of the alternate mode.

And another head would have been nice...

I'm gonna stick with Galaxy Force Soundblaster. They got the colours right there.

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

numbat wrote:I think they could have done a better job at colouring Blaster like, erm, Blaster than they have - and perhaps make less of a dogsdinner of the alternate mode.

And another head would have been nice...

I'm gonna stick with Galaxy Force Soundblaster. They got the colours right there.
I got Blaster last night as a gift. Yeah, his colors are a little mixed, I think they used a little too much black. But, the colors are growing on me, and he'll fit in very nicely with my Cyb Soundwave. Now that they're both together, they'll fit in a little better in my Classics collection.
Starfield
Protoform

Post by Starfield »

I got Blaster yesterday. He's pretty good. I like his colors. He's different than any other Transformer I ever owned. I never got into Cybertron line.

I don't know if I'm doing it wrong, but I can't get his cockpit to sit nicely on top of his legs. The pegs and holes don't line up.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Starfield wrote:I don't know if I'm doing it wrong, but I can't get his cockpit to sit nicely on top of his legs. The pegs and holes don't line up.
Mine doesn't either, and my Cybertron Soundwave is the same way. The cockpit fits onto the pegs, but doesn't fit all the way down. I'm not sure if that's the way it's supposed to be, but I've never been able to get either Blaster or Soundwave to have the cockpit all the way down. I do really like both bots though. They look awesome together on my shelf. :D