ohmahgodohmahgodohmahgod (Malaysia)

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Vincent
Protoform

ohmahgodohmahgodohmahgod (Malaysia)

Post by Vincent »

Hi.

OK, so I came to Malaysia two days ago and I thought this is a good time to check out Transformers, since we don't get much back in Saudi Arabia.

I found a BUNCH of Animated toys! I'm not big on them, and the only one I really want is Blitzwing. Moving on.

There were alot of Movie toys. I haven't seen alot of pics of them before but they look like a bunch of Energon repaints. One toy looked interesting, but I forgot what it was. There was also Deep Space Starscream! He looks so cool! Shame I already got Thundercracker, though.

Anyway, that was TRU. I went to another mall and check some import shops and I actually found Binal-fricking-tech Grimlock! I've been looking for it forever! Downside? The bastard's selling it for 150$. I actually regret talking with him about all the toys and stuff because now I don't think I have a chance of haggling him. I told him it goes for 60$ on e-bay so he said "then get it from ebay". He didn't say it in a rude way but he's got a point. I'm so pissed off!

At the same store I also found Masterpiece Starscream (the packaging was similar to that of the Classics line), a Megatron, which I assume is a Diaclone (since it was a silver gun but the robo mode looked different from Masterpiece). He also had some G1 dinobots! Kick-ass! But he was selling one for 25$! But if you get two he gives you a discount. To be honest I'm thinking those Dinobots are knock-offs. He says they're metal (which is believable I guess) but it was packaged in a box with no clear plastic to look through, and the box was pretty small with Japanese writing all over. Also, written on it was "WS Dinobots". wah?

Also, there was a Binaltech Asterisk (Is Asterisk supposed to be Prowl?).

Anyway, what are your thoughts? I know those are vague questions, but is there anything you think I should get? I really really want the BT Grimlock but the price is ridiculous! And the Dinobots look nifty. I also found the double BB package. I want the Concept Camaro BB but I don't want to pay for the piece of crap that comes with it (all the concept camaros in the package have black smudge on it)

anyway, all thoughts are welcome.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Vincent wrote:He also had some G1 dinobots! Kick-ass! But he was selling one for 25$! But if you get two he gives you a discount. To be honest I'm thinking those Dinobots are knock-offs. He says they're metal (which is believable I guess) but it was packaged in a box with no clear plastic to look through, and the box was pretty small with Japanese writing all over. Also, written on it was "WS Dinobots". wah?
Those are the World's Smallest Dinobots - tiny representations, about the size of Micromasters (say, inch or so tall in robot mode). Not bootlegs per se, as they're unique moulds, but not officially approved and illegal. $25 isn't a brillaint price, AFAIK. But these things are tiny, not the old full-size ones. Not sure if they have diecast parts...

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/WST#Unreleased_and_Miscellaneous
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

Vincent wrote:Hi.
Also, there was a Binaltech Asterisk (Is Asterisk supposed to be Prowl?).
Binaltech Asterisk is actually a series in it's own right (or you may like to think of it as a sub-series of Binaltech). The gimmick was a tiny doll of some sort packaged with the Binaltech TF. This made them better. No, honestly.

The figure you saw was Alert (or Red Alert if you is old skool like me). The figure does indeed look quite like Prowl. In fact, because Alt/BT Prowl has a chest & leg design not a million miles away from the old Red Alert a lot of people (me included) seem to have affected a head swap between the two figures, which, coupled with a few paints apps & stickers from the rather wonderful Reprolabels, gives you an Alt/BT Red Alert & a BT Prowl. :clap:
Wreck and Rule!
martyboy70

Post by martyboy70 »

Cliffjumper wrote:Those are the World's Smallest Dinobots - tiny representations, about the size of Micromasters (say, inch or so tall in robot mode). Not bootlegs per se, as they're unique moulds, but not officially approved and illegal. $25 isn't a brillaint price, AFAIK. But these things are tiny, not the old full-size ones. Not sure if they have diecast parts...

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/WST#Unreleased_and_Miscellaneous
THey are actually a good bit bigger than that Micromasters.
I have Grimmy,Slag and Snarl and in bot mode they are more like the size of say......Cliffjumper when hes in bot mode.
Loss of job. Will sell for food here.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Vincent wrote:Anyway, that was TRU. I went to another mall and check some import shops and I actually found Binal-fricking-tech Grimlock! I've been looking for it forever! Downside? The bastard's selling it for 150$. I actually regret talking with him about all the toys and stuff because now I don't think I have a chance of haggling him. I told him it goes for 60$ on e-bay so he said "then get it from ebay". He didn't say it in a rude way but he's got a point. I'm so pissed off!
If it's the mould rather than Grimlock, and you aren't set on the metal, Alternators Wheeljack is currently cheap in the UK. Sorry, I have zero time to do pick-ups at the moment, but you could probably find someone to if that'd suit...

Clay will probably disagree with me, but I found the transformation bloody annoying.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Denyer wrote:Clay will probably disagree with me, but I found the transformation bloody annoying.
Clay will probably disagree wif me as well, then?

I'd say that 25 for WST Dinobots is a rip off. And i just Picked up Alt wheeljack 3-4 weeks ago, for 7.50 pounds, and a recent thread mention 6 pounds at Argos. I'd say Grimmers is probably not what you want, if it's just the mould your looking for.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
tf_griffin

Post by tf_griffin »

If u still in Malaysia, u might wanna check-out the toy hobby shops coz there I got the Animated Blitzwing. Check out my thread.
Vincent
Protoform

Post by Vincent »

Really? Is there a specific shop? Where?

Last time I looked through those I didn't find alot of transformers. Plus, if they do, they usually end up charging WAY more than the original price.

Know any well-priced shops?
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Cliffjumper wrote:Those are the World's Smallest Dinobots - tiny representations, about the size of Micromasters (say, inch or so tall in robot mode). Not bootlegs per se, as they're unique moulds, but not officially approved and illegal. $25 isn't a brillaint price, AFAIK. But these things are tiny, not the old full-size ones. Not sure if they have diecast parts...
I'm not sure you can say they're illegal, really, since they're actually unique and new molds. The trademarks have long since expired for those specific versions... there's likely SOME sort of likeness issue, maybe a violation on the Transformers brand itself, but they seem to be careful in skirting that as well.

It's tricksies with these guys.