Encore Omega Supreme and BT Blue Bluestreak

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Civ

Encore Omega Supreme and BT Blue Bluestreak

Post by Civ »

I just got these guys in the mail from BBTS and I have to admit that I love both of them. They did some rework on the Bluestreak mold for the front wheel steering as opposed to the original Smokescreen -- instead of magnets, they used plastic clips now, which actually makes the arm transformation a bit easier. Problem is though, other areas of Bluestreak suffer such as his torso transformation. The floor that becomes his stomach is really floppy and hard to get a handle on so you can snap them into the positioning holes. The legs are their usual, stiff selves.

Omega Supreme -- man, I love this figure. I don't give a shit if he is a parts former and a giant, wind-up toy -- he's still awesome. The new molded face looks great and it looks as though they did some rework on him to strengthen his weak points like the claw and the cams. I'll have to disassemble him to make sure of this though. It's also really nice to know where all of those damn, yellow, connecting tabs go in rocket base mode since they're printed right on the instructions.
Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up:
Vincent
Protoform

Post by Vincent »

Kick-ass. The only alternator I had was Smokescreen and damn was he good.

I can't see myself with any of the encore figures, though. The main selling point seems to be the G1 nostalgia. Not that it's a bad thing, just not fitting for me.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Vincent wrote:Kick-ass. The only alternator I had was Smokescreen and damn was he good.

I can't see myself with any of the encore figures, though. The main selling point seems to be the G1 nostalgia. Not that it's a bad thing, just not fitting for me.
G1 goodness...Encore 11 to go, please.

I agree with Civ, on OS. The Part's former aspect is a load of s***. Who cares if you have to take it apart? The new molded face looks great.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]