POST YOUR NEWEST ACQUISITIONS!

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Denyer wrote:KO Alternator Grimlock
Ooooo. Is he any good? Quality-wise, I mean - been meaning to try (for much the same reason, funnily enough - Smokescreen's ace, but the colours don't work for a 1-on-1 on a windowsill), as I'm fairly sure the mould would fit Grimlock better than Wheeljack.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Hangs together well enough for standing and posing, certainly-- the grip on the pelvis joints isn't fantastic, but it isn't on the real things either. Haven't actually tried transforming him. The head's quite different, neither Grimlock nor Wheeljack, but not so much it doesn't fit the character.

For about a tenner it's a good deal. At actual Alternator price you're probably going to start feeling ripped off, even taking into account that getting Alternators these days isn't cheap. Still one left on eBay at time of writing.
burnitall
Protoform

Post by burnitall »

Got the City Commander trailer from BBTS today.:up:
Catalyst Dragon

Post by Catalyst Dragon »

Got my City Commander add-on yesterday.

Here he is in his position on my shelf.

Also picked up RotF Gears at walmart.
All that was needed was a catalyst and the machines of war are set in motion.
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Picked up Beast Wars on PS1 yesterday thinking ''How bad can it be?''
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
Time Phantom
Protoform

Pestlosectus

Post by Time Phantom »

message deleted
:down:
Clay

Post by Clay »

Time Phantom wrote:How's this do for a new acquisition?
What is that, exactly? A bootleg set of Insecticons? What's the quality like?
Time Phantom
Protoform

Pestlosectus bootleg?

Post by Time Phantom »

message deleted
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Looks like whoever made it spent a lot of time in Microsoft Paint with the box and instructions.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Time Phantom
Protoform

long lost combiner

Post by Time Phantom »

message deleted
burnitall
Protoform

Post by burnitall »

Perhaps because...they don't?
Time Phantom
Protoform

Post by Time Phantom »

message deleted
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Time Phantom wrote:Yeah, whatever.
Now you're just being rude.

Does this have anything to do with a recent acquisition? Did you recently acquire an Insecticon set?

If not, then I'm going have to ask to refrain from off-topic spamming (here, and in another thread). We have a fandom/kitbash section here. You might consider posting images of your little creation in there.
Time Phantom
Protoform

It's not a kitbash.

Post by Time Phantom »

message deleted
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Yes but it's not an official mode. You don't see me calling this or this an official mode. It's a fan mode. It's just sheer luck and coincidence that they can "combine" or be altered to be made into that form, just like your little Soundwave/Laserbeak/Megatron turret you made for Predaking.
Time Phantom
Protoform

Post by Time Phantom »

-
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Uhhuh... in this case "your friend" is an idiot for thinking this could pass off as a real boxed set. If "your friend" wanted to share something he's made, why post it in these threads?

On topic though, Anyone here have Blazemaster? I'm wondering if he's worth buying.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

I had Blazemaster and took him back. He has such great potential, but really comes up short. My biggest beef is that nothing really clicks into place. His whole upper body just sort of hangs there, semi-supported by his scrawny chicken legs. The attack blades dangle limply off his arms, and everything just winds up being a mess. It's a shame, because it could have been a great mold!
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Got myself a nice package waiting for me [had bought it a couple of weeks back] with "new" and old releases in it.

Animated Blackarachnia: Funny that I mention her first, since she's the last figure I transformed, with a time difference of over a day. Neat, but not really my style. Got her to pair her up with Animated Waspinator.

Movie 1 Dropkick: Wow, I did miss some real gems back in 2007. Had been eyeing the thing for over a year and half, to be honest, and I'm not disappointed. Fun transformation, similar to ROTF Prime in that everything breaks down and moves away, but much easier to transform. Very strong ratchets on the knees and wide feet make for a very stable figure.

Movie 1 Longarm: I got a reprolabeled specimen, quite happy with it. Truck mode is a bit unstable until you clip the doors down since the legs never really want to sit in the proper place near the windshield. Robot mode is very, very imposing [LOVE that headsculpt] and decently articulated, however, I'm not a fan of the BFG that wears down the ball-jointed shoulder.

Movie 1 Camshaft: Meh...nice car mode, semi-decent robot mode. Mine had the head mod so it can turn the head around easily, but the permanently stuck in the "spread for hugs" position arms bother me. Below decent hip articulation even though it's a ball joint and it was really tough to get the legs and roof align and lock up when back to vehicle mode.

Movie 1 Wingsabre [or whomever he is, the Galaxy Force grey\green repaint]: Not a bad figure, tons of neat guns in jet mode, simple to transform, but the robot mode is not as poseable as I've been told. Should make a great combining compatriot to a GF Optimus Prime when I can afford one.

Animated Blurr: Very fun and sturdy car mode [though the energy saw is a tad lame, looks and hangs more like a shovel] and extremely stiff robot mode. Very poseable [as with almost all animated toys], a new favourite in the line.

ROTF Wheelie: Imagine getting a figure this complicated in the opposite mode the directions start in, and having to "follow the instructions in reverse order to convert back to x mode". I thought I was going to break the damn thing, but it's really fun and unique in how such a tiny alt mode can turn into an almost voyager-sized robot. He isn't very poseable but can pull of some cool "innocent" and "KILL YOU" poses...especially since his eyes can emote.

ROTF Ravage: Wow, finally an articulated and imposing Ravage. About the only things I dislike are how his tail can't move really far up and he had no articulation on his neck. Did not even try to revert him back to protoform mode, he's good enough like that.

ROTF Ironhide: Okay, okay, I got this one just to swap heads and cannons with my really old 2007 first version 'hide. But I did transform him a couple of times, some parts were insanely stiff-I thought I was going to snap his "waist" when I rotated the upper body around, and the folding doors were extremely stiff. Some parts were stiffer, other were much looser than my original.
Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

Got classics henkei Bumblebee. He is a nice little one.