POST YOUR NEWEST ACQUISITIONS!

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

Well it's the Decepticon one anyway.

I also realize why I held off on buying any of the smaller size class toys (minibots, micromasters) for so many years; because I'm pretty much stuck importing them, shipping costs about the same as the price of admission and I don't particularly feel like paying 40 bucks for some micromasters. Especially when only a few sellers even offer more than one patrol set so I could at least save in shipping, but even then they're probably in a worse shape than some of the other ones. I just look at the ones I've had since childhood and they're in a much better shape than this lot.

Detour looks like he's been chewed on.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Skyquake87 wrote:Um...Race Car are the Autobots (Roadhandler, Tailspin, Swindler and uh, the other one), Sports Cars the Decepticons (Blackjack, Roadhugger, Detour,Hyperdrive) IIRC
10/10.

You did of course forget to mention that the Sports Car Patrol are alternatively known as THE AWESOME PATROL but I'm not going to dock you points for that.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

I'm so proud.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Anime MP Red Alert is nifty. Really sleek colour scheme, sort of an off-white almost grey kinda deal, though my lighting may be off.

Not sure if I prefer the colour scheme to the toy version or not. Would be happier if it were a crisp white all over, but he's very very nice. Joints are nice and tight too, which puts him ahead of the first version on that score.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Yay! CW Ironhide came in from HTS' eBay store! That completes my 'good guy' combiner (as my son would call it). So my 'custom' combiner is made of BC Optimus Prime (who I call Convoy in front of the kids - they'd be super confused as to why Optimus is white and gold - and I honestly wouldn't be able to come up with a good answer), Smokescreen, Prowl, Trailbreaker, and Ironhide. He makes a nice symmetrical combiner, with Prowl and Smokescreen as the arms and the other two as the legs. The colors jive pretty well too. My kids now know him as 'Convoy Maximus'.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Titans Return Hardhead w/ Furos

My local TRU got the first wave of TR deluxes stocked. I was really torn between Hardhead and Skullsmasher, but decided that at £16.99, I'll go for the one that's less likely to disappoint (still really think Skullsmasher's robot mode is...I dunno, it just doesn't look good to me...), so Hardhead it is. He's great. Really nice robot mode, good level of detail, nice poseability, fun transformation and a great looking alt mode. Furos is cute and I love his big blue eyes! Haven't been able to stop playing with him since I got him. Pretty much nails what I look for a Transformers toy.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Really? Out of the four "Skullcrunchers" so far, the two official and two 3P, the new one's probably my fave. Annoyances that don't need to be as they are, like the claws (although being able to reverse them is a plus), flap and not being able to easily stow the tail on the back, but it's the best balance between simple/poseable and the two modes I think.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

TR Astrotrain - Got it discounted at Toys'R'Us.
Destruction is my specialty
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

FP Toys (I think) Tracer in oversized KO form, so a knock-off of a 3rd party Chase. Pretty cool; a lot less random red car in the plastic. Weird knees that only bend outwards limits it a little and a slight step down from Rollbar and Searchlight but overall solid enough.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Denyer wrote:Really? Out of the four "Skullcrunchers" so far, the two official and two 3P, the new one's probably my fave. Annoyances that don't need to be as they are, like the claws (although being able to reverse them is a plus), flap and not being able to easily stow the tail on the back, but it's the best balance between simple/poseable and the two modes I think.
I think he's probably one I need to see in hand to decide on.

I got a £5 voucher to spend at TRU when I bought Hardhead, so I'll probably use that towards Skullcruncher. Although Scourge intrigued me. Head looked a bit boxy (well it would) but the alt mode looks pretty swish.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Alt mode on Scourge is really the best bit, although the way the pieces pack so tight together feels a bit dicey. The lack of a waist swivel plus swirly plastic plus the head don't help matters when it comes to noticing the cost-cutting.

I think taking the head plus gun from the earlier one (pic from a YouTube review) might work... will have to see if I've still got that one...

http://i.imgur.com/VxN8n2t.jpg
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Cliffjumper wrote:FP Toys (I think) Tracer in oversized KO form, so a knock-off of a 3rd party Chase. Pretty cool; a lot less random red car in the plastic. Weird knees that only bend outwards limits it a little and a slight step down from Rollbar and Searchlight but overall solid enough.
Yeah, the not-Goldbug's good quality as well, and being that bit bigger than CHUG scales nicely with the Grimlock phase of the MP stuff.

Toyworld are one of the 3P companies that would (and probably do, behind the scenes) well at mass-market stuff. Their designs are competent toys rather than mainly shelf pieces, the not-Astrotrain being a bit of an exception.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Yeah, got Goldbug on order and am planning to get the set providing they all come out as the oversized KOs; the Wideload isn't thrilling me and I suspect I'll only assemble the gestalt once out of curiousity (assuming the KO includes the parts) but Freeway looks like one of the best. That said I was getting Chase out of obligation and in-hand he knocked me out.

All three of the KOs have a really good heft; yeh, wouldn't mind an inch off them to take them back under the size of the MP cars and would prefer that level of G1 accuracy with the alt modes and robot configurations but I highly doubt MP will ever get that far (and if they did I'd be less keen if they were Bumblerunts.. oh, who am I kidding, I'd buy them all because I love the Throttlebots). The engineering is really good, though, agreed - some very nice little bits of work, especially with car windows & windscreens; Searchlight's chest and Rollbar's feet are especially nice pieces of work.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Titan Return Powermaster Optimus Prime - Originally, I wasn't planning to get him. The Headmaster gimmick on Optimus wasn't something I was looking forward to. Once I saw how they did it, I decided to give it a chance. And the nice thing is, you don't even have to use it. Other than the rifles, it's a really good figure. If they were going to do that massive a remold of Ultra Magnus, they could have redone the rifles as well.

Unless Prime is supposed to wield the 'Fondue Fork of Justice', that is.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Heinrad wrote:Unless Prime is supposed to wield the 'Fondue Fork of Justice', that is.
This.

Also, I was out at Target the other day, and came across TR Rumble. I plan on getting Soundwave anyways, so I figured this one was a no-brainer.

I always passed on Rewind, so I'm glad I got this one. Nice little figure and he's pretty fun, even if the alt modes leave a little bit to be desired.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

TR Blaster & Twin Cast - Bought it at Myer during their toy sale at the introductory price of $60 instead of $90 otherwise, odd base mode but it kind of makes sense if you think of it as a concert type of thing.
Destruction is my specialty
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Encore 05 Ironhide (Black Version) & Encore 06 Ratchet (Green Version)

Yay!funny coloured repaints of toys I already have that not many people like because the toys are weird and have no heads. Still love these moulds.

The Diaclone colours used on Ironhide are great and he looks pretty awesome in vehicle mode. Less so in robot mode, just because I think it would have been better to have a blue or something thrown in instead of the familiar red coloured plastics.

Ratchet is a surprise hit in his LAM flavoured movie-deco. I didn't think I'd like this as its a kind of an ugly shade of green. More '70s avacado bathroom suite than funky military olive. But he actually looks really smart with the puce green and blue lights and red emergency stuff. Although he's some kind of Fire Department mini-van now. Robot mode looks fantastic, throwing some black plastics in the mix with the green, making this crotchety medic look like a very angry can of mushy peas. I approve.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Found and picked up TR Laserbeak. Fun little birdie.

Now if I ever come across a Soundwave, I'll be all set. Except I still need Ravage. And Frenzy. They're doing a Frenzy, right?
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Titans Return Skullsmasher w/ Grax
I was right, he is better in hand than pictures tend to show. There are still some things that are a bit off about him and I'm much better able to see them in the plastic. The lower legs have no backs, so look big and bulky from the front and side on, but if you turn them out a bit, you see how there's nothing there on the inside. These give him some real balance problems when coupled with the very narrow waist. The big rear croc legs don't help much either.The other thing I'm not massively fond of is the headsculpt. He looks like Peter Criss. its those big patches of black that pass for eyes - if the gold 'nose' had the top half painted black, I think I'd like it better. Croc mode is fun, but that rubber flap is a bugger for getting stuck inside the cavity without much persuasion. Why wasn't this made a solid bit of plastic I don't know. Despite the things I've found wrong with him, he's a good fun toy and I like him. And Grax is pretty swish too.

Titans Return Terri-Bull
Who isn't. He's ace.
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

Titans Return Wolfwire: He's a surprisingly nice update to Weirdwolf I really like. His robot mode is nice and chunky and his wolf mode does what it needs to do. His transformation is pretty standard for a quadruped beast transformer. My only complaint is that his claws have some kind of thin/sloppy paint on them. I might touch them up or repaint them at some point.

Titans Return Highbrow: Another nice update to an old G1 figure. His modes are both chunky and solid feeling. He's a little hollow looking in places due to how he transforms, which is basically Scourge with a few differences. My issue with Highbrow is that his head is a little loose, like Scourge, just not as loose.