POST YOUR NEWEST ACQUISITIONS!

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

inflatable dalek wrote:Save money by just pissing on the regular MP Magnus yourself.
It has really come down to this, hasn't it?
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

inflatable dalek wrote:Save money by just pissing on the regular MP Magnus yourself.
But I don't want a piss Magnus.

I'm just amazed Takara haven't done one yet.

I mean you saw that Linkin Park Soundwave right.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

I bought RID Steeljaw. He's pretty good. Fun to transform and I like the werewolf robot mode. A good, solid toy. Bit of a pain in the arse to stand up and the door flaps on the arms are annoying, but other than that I like him. Wouldn't have paid more than the £6 he cost from Morribobs though.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Skyquake87 wrote:I bought RID Steeljaw. He's pretty good. Fun to transform and I like the werewolf robot mode. A good, solid toy. Bit of a pain in the arse to stand up and the door flaps on the arms are annoying, but other than that I like him. Wouldn't have paid more than the £6 he cost from Morribobs though.
Thank you for bringing things back on topic. All that talk of piss Magnus had me laughing too much in a quiet office...

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

You're welcome! I had nothing to er, contribute to that anyway...

TODAY!!!

I bought RID Sideswipe. He looks like the Tenth Doctor! Except red, with massive feet and turns into a sports car. Sideswipe's pretty cool! The massive feet are a thing for sure, but he looks pretty slick in robot mode and you can stow his sword down his back. He's decently poseable too. Transformation is really nicely done. It's very fluid and the alt mode looks great. The paint / plastic matching is abysmal, but I don't care. There's some katana daubed on him for...reasons too, which is tiresome cobblers, but all in all, he's a fun and good looking toy. And well worth £6.

Action Master Krok! As I have Crankcase and Spinister, I thought I'd try picking up the other Scavengers :) Krok is a pretty cool little action figure. I like the colours and design of him. The example I've got is loose as hell, but he stands up alright and didn't come with his crocodile shooty gun and was worth a couple of quid.
glazios

Post by glazios »

Spending the weekend at the MCM Expo London Comic Con at the ExCel Center in Canary Wharf, where I picked up the rest of the Protectobots alongside my previously-acquired Rook to form Defensor! Cracking good set, and a great gestalt too. Been looking forward to completing the bunch, and am very happy with them.
Attachments
IMGP1481.jpg
IMGP1478.jpg
IMGP1477.jpg
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

A box came today.
Sent from a man known as Clay.
Inside it, a shark.

Sky Byte is, er...well, "gigantic" is actually the first word that comes to mind. I mean, he's far from the biggest Beast-era toy, but he's quite a bit larger than most of the other Megas I own (Transquito might be bigger, but screw Transquito, he's awful). I was expecting him to be around the size of TM Primal or Armada Predacon but he's a fair bit larger than them and has a lot more "presence", for lack of a better word, due to his head-fin and kibble-wings.

The shark mode is cool-looking, but a lot more static that I'd expected it to be. With the way that some fans complained about the Generations toy being pre-posed and essentially a statue, I'd taken that to mean that it was a step down from the original. Not so much, as it turns out.

His robot mode is a lot more fun. I'd actually expected him to be even more asymmetrical, but the gigantic left arm is really the only divergence from a "normal" robot configuration, and really not far off from what we got from the standard Beast Wars molds. Articulation is strangely lacking in spots (he could really use thigh cuts and a wrist swivel on his right arm) but overall the whole package is really solid. Or at least, it was pretty solid once I figured out where all the kibble was supposed to go. I especially like how, depending on how far you open up the "claws" on his left hand, it can either be a three fingered, one-thumbed claw or a blender of death.

Now I just need to track down a Slapper and I'll have a complete set of RiD Predacons. Not something I would have expected ten years ago, but what can I say? These guys are pretty cool.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Yeah, from what I remember the TM2 toys in general were all great fun, even if they looked quite unorthodox. Takara definitely picked well when making the selection for Car Robots.

Anyway I HAVE THINGS.

I've been saving things up to do on a day when I have no other stuff to do. And considering that I very nearly didn't even bother getting out of bed today, I figured that now may as well cover it.

Courtesy of the man called Clay I have Generations Scoop.

He's... yeah, alright. Scoop, I mean. Not Clay, Clay's clearly alright. Good fun robot mode, transformation's full of tabs and clips that don't quite tab or clip and aren't mentioned in the instructions. Lots of empty spaces, very light. Is this what passes for a deluxe nowadays or is this some sort of "halfway between a basic and a deluxe but we're classing it as the larger because of the targetmasters" deal?

He'll fit well among the Generations Wreckers. The TM figures themselves are, well they've got ball joints so I suppose that puts them a notch above the originals. I can always just forget they exist.

Also Generations Waspinator, again care of Clay. He is Waspinator. He is amazing. If you disagree, you can go **** yourself.

Also I have the received three Feralcons I was missing. Those pouches on Bovis and Fortis are just ****ing unnecessary and intrusive. Yeah, okay, they look decent on the hips in robot mode but they're just annoying in every other aspect. Big fan of the two legbots basically being the same toy.

The instructions in general could use a bit more work. There are a few instances of hip rotation that, while they're in the pictures, they aren't flagged as steps. Which is a bit confusing.

Also confusing is Leo Dux not being packed in any of the modes in his instructions. The beast mode chest inserts are just confusing and his tail being separate is weird, though obviously it comes into play later.

Tigris and Talon are a bit on the skinny side, but I'm hardly one to talk in that regard. Talon's robot mode arms really get in the way in beast mode, but that's the case with the original toy too, so ho hum.

In general I still think they're all a bit ridgy, but it means lots of tabbing and clipping that actually works properly.

Overall they're a phenomenal set. Head and shoulders above a lot of official product and a great looking collective. There may be a few things for me to bitch about (which is great because mea likesa complaininga) but ALL CRITICISMS ARE INVALID BECAUSE I HAVE THE FERAL REX.

Ahem. He's ace. Divebomb's feet massively interfere with the combined mode fist. Putting the sword together was hella confusing (as previously said - instructions need work) but I got there in the end. I wish Rampage's front legs tidied up a bit cleaner and Divebomb's tail feathers do get in the way a touch, too. But all these things are minor.

He has massive balance issues. Mostly in that he feels like he has balance issues, but then he just stays where I've put him and it's really confusing.

Excellent stuff. And the sword is nearly as big as me.

So, in closing, WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Got me that Kre-O Devastator set with Ironhide for £24.99. Kinda fun and a ridiculous amount of pieces for that sort of money, even if I still can't decide if the "doesn't really transform" thing is better or worse than Built to Rule. Ironhide's probably the best non-Kreon thing in the set; the individual Structies aren't bad with a nice asymmetrical movie look to them but shoulders and big monkey-arms are still the line's main weakness. Devastator's big and solid, though his legs can't actually support him in a lot of poses. At twenty-five quid he's good solid entertainment from the fun to build thing and Lego enthusiasts will like the mix of elements.

Plus it comes with a portaloo.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

I got Alternity GT Megatron w/ Nor. I really like it, and Nor is adorable and very perky. The alt mode is lovely, with all its decals and whatnot. Robotmode is chunky chunk of chunky stuff that can't make any use of its articulation without looking ridiculous. A supreme folly and I love it :)
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

CW Prowl: Snagged him on the cheap. The original Classics Prowl is a bit of a mess and there is something amusing to me about having Prowl and Not-Prowl (Streetwise) made from the same mold. He's an almost complete reshell of Dead End/Wildrider. The engineering is the same, but a lot of the parts have new details. I like him. The only flaw with mind is his left elbow does not "detent". Not sure if it's mold wear or something else. It's tight enough, however, to hold poses on it's own.

I placed my finger on my issue with the CW stuff. They are too much damned fun. I want to keep fiddling with them. I can put the combiners together, but the alt modes and individual robot modes are a lot of fun as well on their own.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Almost 5 months since my last figure. Growing older?

Fanstoys Diaclone Scoria: Was very back and forth over this one. The time spent between thinking about getting it and actually getting it is probably one of the longest for a figure in my collection [excluding preorder time, of course].

He feels...lighter, I guess, than Soar, and less solid. I don't know why his legs can't be stiffer as I think the only die-cast is the toe? Too many parts left "just place like that and leave hanging" for my taste, including the entire tail/frill/wings section in robot mode.

Popped the blue head off and replaced it with the red as soon as I read the manual and saw that you can just pop it off instead of usncrew it [as I thought]. Looks striking, and I like the silver thighs more than I thought.

Some joints are a bit looser than the others [I thought the ratcheting on the shoulders was fixed, but there's still some give between the clicks on mine]. Dino mode was bigger than I imagined.

Overall, looks good, can hold a pose. Tail on mine gave me trouble...I need to push the black button and really push or pull to engage the mechanism, I thought it was much simpler or even automated?
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Sunrunner
Protoform

Post by Sunrunner »

Popped into B&M on the way home from work and found a Generations Doubledealer. First time I've seen him at retail so couldn't pass him up.
I haven't opened him yet, but as I already own Blitzwing I know what to expect from the mould. I do really like the colour scheme, and although his alt-modes aren't G1 accurate I think the mould actually works for the character.

It is great for UK collectors that the Generations voyagers have been picked up by B&M and other discount retailers, I just wish someone would do the same with the deluxes - I really want a Skids!
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Grabbed the only Combiner Wars Legends Blackjack I have seen anywhere locally at Myer.
Destruction is my specialty
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Sunrunner wrote:found a Generations Doubledealer. First time I've seen him at retail so couldn't pass him up.
I haven't opened him yet, but as I already own Blitzwing I know what to expect from the mould. I do really like the colour scheme, and although his alt-modes aren't G1 accurate I think the mould actually works for the character.
Mmm, ditto on all points. Seems to be mostly Whirls in B&M at the moment but they had one... upgrade kit also ordered.

edit: There's also an awesomely terrible fan mode for the death chicken...

http://i.imgur.com/GC3k1eg.jpg
Clay

Post by Clay »

Warcry wrote:A box came today.
Sent from a man known as Clay.
Inside it, a shark.

Sky Byte is, er...well, "gigantic" is actually the first word that comes to mind. With the way that some fans complained about the Generations toy being pre-posed and essentially a statue, I'd taken that to mean that it was a step down from the original. Not so much, as it turns out.
Yeah, I think that criticism came from some expectation that the new figure might have a bit more movement or wiggle to it rather than the original being dynamic or anything. I do find it odd that the robot chest has a fake shark head molded in despite it not needing to match up to an animation model at the time.

The thing I noticed when I was packing him up was just much paint is on the thing.
Brendocon 2.0 wrote: Also Generations Waspinator, again care of Clay. He is Waspinator. He is amazing. If you disagree, you can go **** yourself.
Yep, it's true. The only thing he lacks from being perfect is the ability to fold up into a cube.
Excellent stuff. And the sword is nearly as big as me.

So, in closing, WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW.
Yay, you got a set put together! Did you get Felisabre too? He has extra bits and bobs for other figures including some tact pads for the combiner feet.

The instructions are pretty lackluster. I don't think they even mention what type of battery goes in Feral Rex's head for the lighted visor, or even that it has one.

As for myself, I have recently received from Warcry a movie Crankcase (cybertron red alert repaint), Energon Rodimus, and a ball minicon. Crankcase I was mildly confused by as he turned out to be far more blue than gray, but that's okay. The mold with its flip-out launchers is a decent fit for a repaint-only Crankcase. And Rodimus makes a mighty fine truck.

I also got from Mr. Brendocon an Alternator Swindle that will probably end up as a Jurassic Park jeep, and a Generations Mindset. I could never find Mindset when it was supposed to be out here, but I always thought well of Hailstorm and wanted a Mindset because she has a new hat he has a different head. I like it.

Finally, I got a box from BBTS about three weeks containing Legends Blackjack and Skywarp, Combiner Motormaster, Ehobby Grand Scourge, and the Fansproject Crox. I have been consistently playing with all of that ever since. I do like having an extra torso and limb for Menasor keeps me fiddling around with it and rotating members. Good stuff.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Generations Sky-Byte rocks! He's here to save the day!
Clay wrote:The instructions are pretty lackluster. I don't think they even mention what type of battery goes in Feral Rex's head for the lighted visor, or even that it has one.
Granted the instructions are poor, but either they or Leo Dux's box says what type and that they weren't included due to import regulations in some countries. I have a note to pick some upon whenever I find myself somewhere with a good selection of batteries.

Still loving Feral Rex. Enjoy Felisabre as a standalone and extra limb option. Haven't had need to use those foot pads though.

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Also items on eBay.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Clay wrote:Yay, you got a set put together! Did you get Felisabre too? He has extra bits and bobs for other figures including some tact pads for the combiner feet.
Not gone with Catilla yet. Will probably do so at some point though. If only for the penguin. Everybody loves penguins.
I also got from Mr. Brendocon an Alternator Swindle that will probably end up as a Jurassic Park jeep, and a Generations Mindset.
Yes, it's true. I am solely responsible for Clay getting an entirely new mindset.
glazios

Post by glazios »

glazios wrote:Spending the weekend at the MCM Expo London Comic Con at the ExCel Center in Canary Wharf, where I picked up the rest of the Protectobots alongside my previously-acquired Rook to form Defensor! Cracking good set, and a great gestalt too. Been looking forward to completing the bunch, and am very happy with them.
Also, UW Superion turned up on Friday last week (30/10/15). Might've mentioned it sooner, but life interjected. :P
Attachments
IMGP1493.jpg
IMGP1491.jpg
IMGP1490.jpg
numbat

Post by numbat »

Received MMC R-12 Cynicus (not-Vos) and Iron Factory IF-EX11 Evil Lord (not-Overlord) today.

I've not had a chance to play with them yet, but given previous experiences I tend to take them out the box straight away to see if there are any glaring issues.

Sadly today there are...

MMC R-12 Cynicus' hips are so loose, his legs just drooped straight back as I lifted him out of the box. I've just put him right back in. Very disappointed. Hopefully Kapow will offer a replacement - he does look very good, and the paintwork is superb, but he's no use if he can't even support his own and very insubstantial weight!

Evil Lord seems fine. I am very impressed with the detailed paint applications, although there is a tiny bit of silver where it ought not-to-be on one leg. Very nicely articulated, stiff joints, and hefty for such a small figure. Looking forward to transforming him later!

Also items on eBay.