POST YOUR NEWEST ACQUISITIONS!

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

Encore #10 minibots - at last, some appropriately sized (sort of) Autobots to populate Metroplex in his "city"mode.
calvin_0
Protoform

Post by calvin_0 »

Crystal Widow, finally got her.. she is awesome, awesome, awesome.. cant wait for my BM Blackarachnia and Universe Blackarachnia..

however transforming is a bit pain in the butt, quite literally because the spider butt is very very tight (no joke please >.<), every time i move it, it feel like i'm might break it.

Attachments
DSC_0042 (Small).jpg
DSC_0038 (Small).jpg
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

On the strength of Crosshairs, I picked up AoE Deluxe Drift. Not bad at all.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Dead Man Wade wrote:On the strength of Crosshairs, I picked up AoE Deluxe Drift. Not bad at all.
Crosshairs is quite awesome, isn't he? Still to this day, he is the only AoE figure I purchased.
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

ganon578 wrote:Crosshairs is quite awesome, isn't he? Still to this day, he is the only AoE figure I purchased.
He really is. Up to that point, I'd only bought Strafe. Crosshairs was one I was uncertain about to begin with, because although I liked his design in the movie, I figured there wasn't really any way to properly capture his duster that didn't result in a terrible alt mode. However, after reading your review of him, I decided to check him out and I'm really glad I did. The duster isn't perfect, but it manages to do it justice without hurting the vehicle mode, which I figure is as good as it's likely to get until some sort of smart plastic is widely available.

I had actually been somewhat worried about finding a proper Crosshairs, as all I'd been able to find up to that point was Hot Shot, whose color scheme didn't really do anything for me. Fortunately, I happened across one at a local Wal-mart, which appears to have been the last one in the area.
Lord Zarak

Post by Lord Zarak »

Generations Sandstorm, Blaster, Whirl and Road buster.

If you're in the UK check out your nearest B&B. They've also got Rhinox and Sky Byte, but not picked them up.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Right, so about a month ago I picked up Unique Toys Sharkies (Skarkticons) and the three not-Terrorcons they've put out. And then this past Friday I had Mastermind Creations FeliSabre and the Takara repaints of Scoop and Beast Hunters Dreadwing arrive. I quite like them all.
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

Masterpiece Star Saber. Review forthcoming.
calvin_0
Protoform

Post by calvin_0 »

my birthday present have arrived... only one have major issue and 2 have minor problem, the rest are in great shape, so happy to have a strika and airazor again, now only if i can find back my G1 Minerva (thanks alot mom)

well if you excuse me, someone at ebay require some yelling..
Attachments
DSC_0046 (Small).jpg
numbat

Post by numbat »

Finally tracked down a Mastermind Creations Fortis (not-Headstrong). Not really at the top of my Predacon ranking list, but absolutely necessary and perhaps the most anticipated toy for me in a long long time!

Fortis himself is of the same high quality as the other Feralcons, but the yellow rhino thing doesn't quite do it for me (because, of course, an orange bull makes so much more sense...).

But he does complete my Feralcons...

And, of course, he means Feral Rex (not-Predaking)!

Feral Rex is absolutely amazing! A true Masterpiece, and so much fun I totally lost track of time last night, playing around with the Feral Cons for two and a half hours after my son went to bed.

I've not tried the ultimate mode with Felisabre (not-Catilla) yet. I bought him because I have a soft spot for Catilla, although I do like the concept that when he was a Decepticon he was one of the Predacons.

Thanks to Clay and other guys here for convincing me to pursue the Feralcons despite their price tag, and to Knightdramon for selling me Talon to start me off on my journey.

:cheers:

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Brilliant---he looks menacing, angular, bulky, imposing, strong. He looks more "brave"-esque than actual brave bots!

How's the overall stability? Did you use the enhancing rubber/silicone pads from Felisabre on the soles?

:up::up::up:
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Knightdramon wrote:How's the overall stability? Did you use the enhancing rubber/silicone pads from Felisabre on the soles?
I've not found the need for those 'friction' pads yet - I've not had an issue with his feet sliding on my desk. Of course, I may find problems start when I try out the 'ultimate' mode with Felisabre also combined later.

Stability is generally good. He's obviously not as poseable as the individual team members - too much weight for that. But he can strike plenty of good stable poses, especially if you're patient.

The main issues I've found so far are:
- Ankle ball joints: Thanks to the design this is not nearly as much of an issue as it can be on ROTF Leader Prime, but they are a bit weak to support the bulk of Feral Rex.
- Tigris elbow joints: Too week to hold up the massive sword unsupported.
- Talon wrist: Bird feet obstruct wrist and hand slightly limiting poseability.
- Head: Due to design has limited range of motion (not limited by joint).

I did notice many of the Feralcons come with replacement parts for other team members, but I don't know what most of these are - perhaps some address the Tigris issue? Probably not though.

Minor complaints though - Feral Rex is the most exciting Transformer I've bought. Obviously my judgement is still clouded by new toy wow factor, but I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes my favourite. He is really quite incredible. I can't imagine a better gestalt - totally surpasses my expectations, which were actually quite high to start with.

I'll have to have him crush the far far far inferior Generations FoC Bruticus later.

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Also items on eBay.
Clay

Post by Clay »

numbat wrote: - Ankle ball joints: Thanks to the design this is not nearly as much of an issue as it can be on ROTF Leader Prime, but they are a bit weak to support the bulk of Feral Rex.
The feet have little tabs in the heels that fold up and help lock the ankles in place. Beyond that, patience! :)

As for Tigris holding up the sword, you can just use his hip joints instead of the proper elbow joint. I know that there's a way to tighten up the ratchet in the combiner elbow, but I can't find it now...
numbat

Post by numbat »

Clay wrote:The feet have little tabs in the heels that fold up and help lock the ankles in place. Beyond that, patience! :)
Yeah - I've been using those. It's really just a minor thing - patience is working fine for me. :)
Clay wrote:As for Tigris holding up the sword, you can just use his hip joints instead of the proper elbow joint. I know that there's a way to tighten up the ratchet in the combiner elbow, but I can't find it now...
I'm using a combo of the two just now, but it's early days and most big figures I have have this kind of issue when wielding heavy accessories. I'll find things that work. If you do find how to tighten the ratchet though, let me know - I'd undoubtedly give that a go!

Feral Rex really is a brilliant figure though - the quibbles are all minor and largely unavoidable given the character design, size, and that he's a gestalt. Like I've said, he has way surpassed my expectations!

He's having to stand on top of my printer/scanner now - a spot previously reserved for Generations Metroplex until my wife replaced him with the printer/scanner (sadly not enough headroom left for Metroplex to stand on top - that said I prefer Feral Rex by miles!).

Also items on eBay.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

After almost 5 months without a purchase, I finally picked up some Combiner Wars thanks to the 15% off + 5% more with RedCard and Cartwheel at Target. I got Alpha Bravo (who is clearly going to be repurposed as the shuttle when the Combaticons come out), and Skydive. Very pleased with both. I'm planning on ordering Silverbolt from Hasbrotoyshop since they have 20% off this week plus free shipping. Once he gets here, I can combine my three new purchases and form Amputron!
Clay

Post by Clay »

Will he have an arm and a leg? Or two arms OR two legs? You decide!
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

It's just a fleshwound!
calvin_0
Protoform

Post by calvin_0 »

picked up takara strongarm, i want to review her, but i'm busy lately...
Attachments
DSC_0043 (Small).jpg
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Picked up Beast Hunters Ultra Magnus (who completes my show Autobots) and Shockwave.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

The Transformers: Generations-Combiner Wars Huffer
The Transformers: Generations-Combiner Wars Autobot Powerglide
The Transformers: Generations-Combiner Wars Decepticon Blackjack
The Transformers: Generations-Combiner Wars Bombshell
The Transformers: Generations-Combiner Wars Alpha Bravo
The Transformers: Generations-Combiner Wars Silverbolt
The Transformers: Generations-Combiner Wars Armada Megatron
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.