POST YOUR NEWEST ACQUISITIONS!

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
numbat

Post by numbat »

I was really impressed by Shrapnel's engineering. The transformation is really cool, and gives two excellent moulds (he's often mistransformed in stag beetle mode in pictures). He's just let down by the paint, which isn't a scratch on Bombshell's lavish finish. Looking forward to Kickback! :)

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

I finally paid off a lay-by I set up late-ish last year that contained two Masterpieces: Grimlock and Prowl.

I definitely like them more than the movie figures I've seen, I also like CW figures more than the movie toys as well, maybe because they look more solid and nicer paint job to them.

I've seen MP Ultra Magnus in store and I'm not sure I can justify buying him yet.
Destruction is my specialty
Clay

Post by Clay »

Found leader Megatron today!

1) I was right about the working treads. Go me!
2) First impression after five minutes of fooling with him is that he's ****ing awesome. This is the Megatron that I've wanted for years ever since Hasbro teased that control art for April Fool's back before the first live action movie.
3) I kind of felt bad leaving Armada Megatron behind... sort of. He doesn't really look like Armada Megatron enough. He does look like G1 Megatron cosplaying as Armada Megatron, but that's not quite funny enough for me to buy both in one go. Maybe later.
Clay

Post by Clay »

OMG YOU GUYS I GOT A G1 LIOKAISER TODAY!!!!!!
SPOILER! (select to read)
It's the PVC figurine version.

It's actually pretty nice for what it is... just a little display figure that looks like the cartoon model. It works rather well for gestalts. His hands have the flail molded at a slightly odd angle, though.
Sunrunner
Protoform

Post by Sunrunner »

MP-24 Star Saber! A suitably imposing addition to my MP collection, only transformed him once so far, but first impressions are good (as to be expected with the consistently excellent Masterpiece releases). He does make my G1 Star Saber look like even more of a brick in comparison though...
Ryan F

Post by Ryan F »

Yeah, Star Sabre is way cool. I like that his transformation is just like the G1 toy, with a few cool flourishes here and there. I like clever engineering as much as the next guy, but a simple, accomplished transformation adds a lot to playability and fun factor.

Again, it's the little things that impress, like the panels on the inside leg that accordion out to fill in the gap where the transformation joint was - that's a touch of class.

My only gripes would be the hollow forearms on Saber, and my antennae seem to have a mind of their own, too. Oh, and it would have nice to have some storage for the smaller sword handle.

Otherwise, yeah, this is a cracking toy.
HotShot81
Protoform

Post by HotShot81 »

Well this will be my last new purchase until Devsator arrives.

I got my hands on Air Raid to form, Superion! Now Computron only feels out number 5:2. Odds are better than before when it was 5 Decepiticon combiners to face him alone.
Attachments
IMG_1942.jpg
IMG_1941.jpg
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

A friend gave me Brainstorm the other day, and I finally had a chance to open him up. He's pretty cool... in robot mode. Looks nice, good and sturdy. But man, that "jet mode" isn't much of anything, is it? legs and arms just hanging underneath, front end with big old holes and gaps, hips just right there for all the world to see. Yeesh!
Clay

Post by Clay »

Are you talking about the new one or the old one?
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

New one.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Ah.

Well, at least it's a good homage if I couldn't tell from your description. ;)
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Courtesy of Denyer, my last piece to finish off my Marvel/IDW Classic Wreckers [in official form, at least]

Generations Voyager Roadbuster: Got this bad boy in the post today. Can't say he's my favourite Wrecker, but for the price they go for in the UK right now, he ain't that bad. The joints of mine are alarmingly mixed---either feverishly stiff or hellishly loose. The two arm joints that move over and extend [shoulder to torso connection] could have been designed better as the entire shoulder is relying on one TINY flathead screw for stiffness-the left shoulder on mine just sags.

Good points---car mode is okay, the combining guns are fun [even if hasbro just leaves everything out of the instructions!] and he feels like a complimentary member to the Wreckers. Whirl is the better figure, Springer is the better mould out of them all.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Exhaust arrived today. And while I like him, I don't think he's quite on the same level as Sideswipe or Prowl. He just seems a tiny bit...plain, I guess, compared to them. His robot-mode parts are a lot of plain, flat panels without much detailing, which I think is what does it. That's not to say that he's bad, though, because he's far from it. With good articulation and good proportions, he's miles head of the barrel-chested, monkey-armed original. The transformation is really slick too, though since it's not very far off from the Generations toy so they'd be hard-pressed to get it wrong.

As far as the differences from Wheeljack go, I absolutely love the new head. It's completely ridiculous and doesn't look like it belongs within 100 feet of a Transformer, but it's so over the top silly in a 70s super robot sort of way that I don't care. The toy-accurate launchers are a bit more of a mixed bag, though. They're nowhere near as big and imposing as the original ones, and I have a bit of a hard time getting them to sit straight.

And for some reason it never clicked for me just how similar the two are -- they basically repainted a white, black, red and green Stratos into another, different white, black, red and green Stratos. On the one hand I'm kind of surprised that they bothered, but on the other, I'm really glad they did. Wheeljack was a bit too busy for me, so Exhaust is definitely more up my alley.

Also picked up CW Skydive a few days ago. Not much to say about him since he's basically the same toy as Fireflight, as is the tradition with Aerialbots. I got him mainly because Silverbolt's torso mode was cool enough to convince me to assemble Superion as my token full CW gestalt instead of waiting for Defensor.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

That fiendish Nick Roche tricked me into visiting Orbital Comics to see the Oiiirish Art Exhibition, just to get me spending a big wad of cash on this:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater

He's a big boy alright.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Tantrum
Custom Title: Systems Analyst

Post by Tantrum »

Clay wrote:Found leader Megatron today!

1) I was right about the working treads. Go me!
2) First impression after five minutes of fooling with him is that he's ****ing awesome. This is the Megatron that I've wanted for years ever since Hasbro teased that control art for April Fool's back before the first live action movie.
3) I kind of felt bad leaving Armada Megatron behind... sort of. He doesn't really look like Armada Megatron enough. He does look like G1 Megatron cosplaying as Armada Megatron, but that's not quite funny enough for me to buy both in one go. Maybe later.
Total agreement that he's ****ing awesome. Not only is he the best toy representation of G1 Meg I've ever seen, he's also the best tank transformer I've ever owned. Most others have some combination of:
* non-turning turret
* entire turret forming a backpack
* H-shaped tank mode
* entire tank front sticking out of chest (G1 Brawl, Ultimate Battle Megatron)

Generations Skullgrin is pretty good, and his barrel can pivot up, but his turret is wider than his body and the tank shell parts on his back are a bit of a mess. CW Meg just has the partial treads neatly tucked away in the center of his back. It's not much bulkier than the G1 toy barrel.

The firing turret that transforms into a firing arm cannon is pretty sweet. Like the working treads, it's probably only possible at Leader size. But, if everything else about this figure was scaled down to Deluxe size, and decoed as somebody like Quake, It'd still be a great toy.

I got CW Motormaster and Blackjack. Blackjack doesn't connect to MM's chest very securly, and barely sticks to Optimus at all. Menasor has little nubs sculpted off to the sides of his head to represent the truck chunks found on the G1 toy's shoulders. I get the same effect better by folding up the airfoil/spoiler things and folding out MM's arm panels behind Menasor's head. It adds the appearance of bulk to fairly short torso, and makes Menasor look a bit more like a hulking monstrosity. It's just too bad I haven't found any Wave 2 Deluxes yet. I've got 3 torsos and 4 limbs.

I found Animated Activators Partol deco Bumblebee at a thrift-shop. I transformed him manually a couple times before realizing that you just have to push down the red light.
Alleged "poems"
that don't follow a rhyme scheme
are not poetry
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

inflatable dalek wrote:That fiendish Nick Roche tricked me into visiting Orbital Comics to see the Oiiirish Art Exhibition, just to get me spending a big wad of cash on this:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater

He's a big boy alright.
Is it rude? "Content Unavailable" and Big Yellow Exclamation mark
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Skyquake87 wrote:Is it rude? "Content Unavailable" and Big Yellow Exclamation mark
No worries---it's a picture of what I think is a mistransformed Star Saber---did you flip the thighs around, dalek? :lol:
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

I think Knightdramon is suffering from Star Sabre envy. Or possibly complete collection of Doctor Who DVD's envy. Or both. He's so envious.

Skyquake... that links supposed to work for people without Facebook. Either Facebook is lying or it really hates you.

Sadly Generations Cyclonus can't hold the smaller Sabre sword. :(
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
numbat

Post by numbat »

I opened Mastermind Creations Tigris (not-Rampage) last night. Already having Felisaber, the mould is not really new (and, after all, Talon is also only slightly more modified from this mould-base too), but man is it good! The transformation is intuitive and nicely thought out, while being simple enough to want to fiddle around with on your desk, giving two great modes (although robot mode is slightly better than, erm, some-kind-of-big-mechanical-cat mode).

I absolutely love how amazingly dynamic these guys are - you can literally pose them running and sit them on display with no fear of falling (even Talon with wings outstretched). Tigris is no exception to this.

I have found Tigris joints to be an odd mix of tight and slightly loose though, compared with Felisaber, but not to any extent that makes any significant difference to posing (he's standing on one foot pointing a gun at me right now...).

It's a slight shame you can't put a Decepticon insignia in the right place and have it upright in both modes, but I'm willing to sacrifice that in cat mode.

I do prefer Felisaber's use of the mould - colours suit me better, I have more attachment to the G1 character/figure, and the sabertooth cat head is a better fit for me proportion-wise in robot mode. But they're both great - and Tigris' colour scheme is so '80s!

Just need to get hold of a Fortis (not-Headstrong)...

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

AoE Crosshairs