POST YOUR NEWEST ACQUISITIONS!

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Warcry wrote:If you're disappointed with Trailbreaker you'll probably like Hoist even less. The toy looks even less like Hoist than it does Trailbreaker, and Hoist's scanner, like you thought, just sits there in vehicle mode looking out of place.
Bah! Disappointing indeed.

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
The Reverend

Post by The Reverend »

I got a fullsize KO of Star Saber (not a KO of the RM version) to play with. It really isn't that bad - the Brainmaster pilot-thing is a sadly fragile piece of crap, but aside from that and the bright-yellow on the smaller Saber bot where it should be blue, it's really nice for a knockoff.
Makes me wish that someone out there was reproing the Brain like they did the Headmaster Teens.

The funny thing is the text on the back of the box. It indicates his name is "Disadvantage Maximus"!
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

While on discount at K-Mart, I bought the leader version of Prime: Beast Hunters Predaking and Platinum: Year Of The Snake: Energon Optimus Prime.
Destruction is my specialty
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Picked up the Generations Thrilling 30 Orion Pax(heck with it, I'm just calling him Orion) and Megatron

Orion: I have to admit, I like him. The vehicle mode is neat, the robot mode looks pretty good, and the blaster rifle is spot on. He's just so small. RTS Windcharger is almost big enough to beat Orion up and take his lunch money.

Megatron: the main thing that got me to buy Megs was the fact that Walmart did a price rollback, and while I didn't want to risk $14 or so on something I wouldn't like, a little under $10 seemed perfectly acceptable. And I'm glad I did. It's a nice figure. Fusion cannon's a bit reedy, though.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

Finally found a Legion Rippersnapper at a local Wal*Mart. He was the only one of the 5 I was missing. Then I promptly opened him up and put together Abominus. I'm really surprised at a few neat things they did with him and by how much i like him.
Rookwise
Protoform

Post by Rookwise »

numbat wrote: Opened Generations Voyager Grimlock today. Nice big chunky figure with an excellent robot mode. The T-rex mode is not the best - that empty chest is really annoying. Still, he's better than the Classics Deluxe version.

You might want to check out the Zeneth Forge add on for FOC Grimlock and the ArtTek Rex Blaster. Really suits the figure a lot. Combine them with the recent Reprolabels decal kit and you get a really nice figure.

Check my reviews of the Zeneth Forge Kit and the ArtTek Rex blaster on Youtube :)

http://youtu.be/pu_UubYUVRU

and

http://youtu.be/IFUbumMrlsY
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Picked up Thrilling 30 Sandstorm, and he is a nice figure. I like the redesign on the legs, the big VTOL tires, the headsculpt, they did a great job on the figure, design-wise. Not too surprising given how good the figure they used as the base was.

Unfortunately, the only problem with mine appears to be the ball joint they used for the head. If he looks all the way to the right, he's fine. If I try to have him look forward, his head drops down. Ah, well. Easy enough fix.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

The latest Transformers toys to wash up at end of the pier retailer Home Bargains are the series one Kre-O Microcombiners. So I picked up Predaking, Superion and Devastator to complete the set. As much as I hate knock off Lego, these guys are really cute. Plastics are pretty abysmal though, with stress fractures around the Kre-Ons wrist sockets and loose fitting Torso/ Leg connections on the gestalts. The Kre-On heads get lodged into the helmets very easily too.

Also at HB are yet more TF:P Voyagers and Deluxes, as well as a load more DOTM Voyager Ironhide toys - which indicates that the kids have no interest in a character thats been killed off on screen. Oh, and f**king LOADS of DOTM Dleuxe Nitro Bumblebee. Where are these things coming from?!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Got me KO MP Red Alert at last... Tasty. Colour scheme's really punchy on the mould; red head is a shame simply because it gets lost in his chest a bit but he's fiiiiine. I didn't realise they did diddy non-wheels on his shoulders! Plus he's got a little tiara. Quality-wise it's even better than Sideswipe - feels less fragile, paint feels less like it's going to just flake away.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

The head on your Red Alert isn't a problem? In some of the reviews I've read, it seemed like the different panels of the head didn't fit together properly and there were some unsightly gaps.

The red head is a shame, but it bothers me less than usual because they used the cartoon head design (rather than just reusing Sideswipe's head like the original toy and most of the modern ones). In fact, if Hasbro puts out an MP Red Alert and uses toy colours, like they tend to do, that head in black is probably going to look wrong.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

There's a fractional gap but it's not bothersome really. Sideswipe's seems to be similar but not noticable because it's black. It's certainly nothing I'd mark the figure down on and is doesn't affect the thing.

And yeh, the red head is growing on me quickly in this form - with the pair of them side by side it's a neat little point of contrast and it helps that it's a deepish red rather than scarlet.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

And you're probably the only person in the fandom, except me, who didn't bitch like a girl over the fake shoulder wheels that are accurate to the cartoon.

:lol: Can you believe it? Lots of people actually complained about takara going the extra mile and completely remoulding the shoulders so that Red Alert may look cartoon accurate!
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

They're not perfect but they're certainly better than just repainting the same parts... it's a nice little differentiation again.

The only thing that doesn't work are the recoloured Sideswipe piledrivers, which're just a waste of plastic. Could we not have had a little kid on a push bike for him to run over instead?
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

See, I said all along the red head was a good idea. Vindicated!
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Cliffjumper wrote:
The only thing that doesn't work are the recoloured Sideswipe piledrivers, which're just a waste of plastic. Could we not have had a little kid on a push bike for him to run over instead?
Were they included on the KO? Because my original only has the missile launcher, riffle and those "blaze" effects on the head.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Knightdramon wrote:Were they included on the KO? Because my original only has the missile launcher, riffle and those "blaze" effects on the head.
Yeh, but in a separate baggy - both sets of piledrivers in a flat red not unlike the thighs. Probably going on ebay - them being red means they don't even match up with Red Alert's hands even putting aside that he never seemed like the piledriver sort.
HotShot81
Protoform

Post by HotShot81 »

Just got my hands on a new bot.

Generations: Orion Pax, can't wait to review him.
tahukanuva
Custom Title: Human After All

Post by tahukanuva »

BEAT YOU TO IT BENCHES

Nah, but for real. Write one as glowing as mine. Make everyone buy Orion Pax; Orion Pax for all!
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Got back to Athens after a LOOOOOOOONG journey, found Bluestreak and Prowl waiting for me in their MP boxes.

Long story short--First transformation through, I don't like them as much as I wanted to.

2 things happened---either these things really need a couple of transformation cycles to loosen some joints up [especially compressing the upper body together], or many people who just collected generations got into the MP and think these are the second coming of jesus.

Because really, both of mine have got tight joints and all, but they're not better than Sideswipe. Compressing their upper body together takes too much time fiddling with things with very limited clearance, the backpack is held by two clear plastic tabs on a very high pressure joint, and I'm not a fan of how their lower leg doesn't really lock, doesn't really have a "default" position for the ankle.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

While I was at a Big W Saturday sale today, although he wasn't really on special, I bought Platinum Year Of The Snake Omega Supreme!!
Destruction is my specialty