POST YOUR NEWEST ACQUISITIONS!

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
gabriel55
Protoform

Martial Arts Supplies

Post by gabriel55 »

Your one source for over 20,000 Martial Arts, Boxing and Fitness items all at fair prices! We ship worldwide.
In 1990, Koch Martial Arts started exclusively as a traditional Taekwondo school for children and adults in Newport, Oregon, United States. Over the years we expanded to three locations on the central Oregon coast and offered a variety of programs including Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Krav Maga, Kickboxing, Mixed Martial Arts and pre-school aged classes.
The Big Ragebowski

Post by The Big Ragebowski »

MP Tigertrack has shipped!!! :):)
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

I have picked up beast hunters revealers smokescreen who is a lovely wee chap.nice swish robot mode with a cheery face and bonkers squishy beast armour.he has a clever transformation and a nice slick looking car mode that tips its hat to his g1 namesake without being too cute about it.his joints are very smooth which makes him seem quite loose even though he's not floppy.that sentence made more sense in my head.the only real point of criticism is the continuing miserly paint apps that the prime toys suffer with.other than that,he is great.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Received DOTM Cyberverse Ark, Prime Beast Hunters Ripclaw and Prime Beast Hunters Smokescreen today.

I've had a wee play with all of them and am very chuffed.

Smokescreen is really nifty - ranks up there with Knock Out I think as the two share a lot in design and excellent execution. The random 'Beast Hunter' armor is 'meh'. Prime has done a few too many white Autobots though, and Smokescreen is a bit fiddly to get into either mode.

Ripclaw is interesting... A more interesting transformation than I expected, but I can't help but feel that it tries to do interesting robot and beast modes, but achieves neither. The compromises are just too much - the legs in beast mode are a mess and way too short, while the robot mode lacks a neck and has a giant tail. That said, he's an inordinate amount of fun, and the robot mode is really actually pretty cool. So maybe the designers did know what they were doing after all... Or, rather, perhaps they can be forgiven for creating this mess which is simultaneously awful and a guilty pleasure.

The Ark is a lot more fun than I expected. I always loved the design. So, just as a ship it's snazzy, but the real surprise was how satisfying it is to transform! And Roller is an uncharacteristically well designed and interesting Legends/Legion figure to boot!

A very enjoyable parcel - thanks Clay!

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Prime deluxes wound up at half price in Tesco, so I got Airachnid because the copter mode reminded me of the MASK villain's... hands aside, not bad, although they missed an opportunity to do rotor swords.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

We've had some Beast Hunters at work for the last few weeks, but I've managed to avoid all temptation thus far as they all look bloody terrible.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Wheeljack didn't seem too bad. Standard pricing is very poor value for most deluxes, though.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Got a giant box of stuff in the mail today.

Generations Wheeljack: Great toy, but I already have one. He's for kitbashing. Probably won't open him for a while.

Beast Wars Sonar: Way more complex than I thought from the pics. Not much of a toy, though. No elbow or wrist joints in robot mode, so there's really only one pose you can put her into.

Beast Wars Sky Shadow: Hahahahaha wow he's a freaky little beast, isn't he? He's got the funky missile-mouth that a few other BW guys were cursed with, crazy hand replacements, wings on his chest for some reason...but I love him. His alt-mode is damn special, too.

Beast Wars Torca: Utterly beautiful. Easily and by far my favourite robot mode out of all of the BW figures I've got. Beast mode...I can't tell you. The figure is made partly out of deteriorating gold plastic, and when I try to flip down the beast mode's side panels it makes a dreadful creaking that just screams "stress fracture" to me. So he's an Action Master. I was expecting that, though. A toy this old made with such substandard materials you buy strictly for display, not to play with.

Prime First Edition Bulkhead: I've been waiting for the big guy for a couple years now, and he doesn't disappoint. Decently show-accurate, very well articulated and a lot of fun to play around with, with none of the glaring flaws that made me pass on the RiD toy. It's the Hasbro version, and I like the colour scheme way, way more than the Takara version's darker green.

Generations Springer: I've been waiting for this guy for a while too, though not as long as Bulk. And I like him, but not as much as Bulk. The robot mode is Rochetastic, and I like this take on the character quite a bit. The alt modes have some minor issues though. Some parts don't snap together as well as they should, especially when he's a car, so transforming him can be a bit frustrating. That's a minor niggle, though. I'd probably love him if I'd picked him up on his own, but Bulkhead is a genuinely great toy and that takes the shine off of Springer since he's "just" very good.

Generations Blitzwing: When I first saw pics of this toy I thought "Wow, his robot mode sucks". In person, though, I find that I like it. The figure blends elements of the original and Animated incarnations smoothly, and actually looks really good. The well-documented shoulder issues sort of ruin it as an action figure, and while I intend to fix that eventually it really, really shouldn't have made it past QC. I'm a big fan of the face-switching gimmick too -- didn't think I'd like it, but it's unobtrusive and quite a bit of fun. The alt-modes, though...the alt-modes are awful. The jet mode falls apart very easily, with a cockpit section that looks overstuffed because the soft plastic nosecone can't quite contain the robot-mode head. The tank mode stays together even worse, plus has the distinct look of a pile of robot and jet bits stacked together to look like a tank -- the mode is approaching Octane levels of awfulness. And if that's not enough, it feels like his fiddly shoulder bits and the bar that his tank barrel is attached to are going to snap under the force required to transform him. So in spite of all the things I like about the robot, I'm going to have to come down on the side that says he's just a bad toy. :(

A great haul though, Blitzwing disappointments aside. I'll be enjoying them for a long time to come.
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

Warcry wrote: Generations Blitzwing:.. The jet mode falls apart very easily, ...
How so? Mine is staying together rather nicely in Jet mode. I've found that when you go to peg the sides in turn them down just a little, push them into place, and then turn the side up to lock it into place. Coming in directly from the sides just results in nothing pegging into place right.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Do you have a trick for making the face change gimmick work? Mine is so tight that I can't even turn it at all.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Thunderwave wrote:How so? Mine is staying together rather nicely in Jet mode. I've found that when you go to peg the sides in turn them down just a little, push them into place, and then turn the side up to lock it into place. Coming in directly from the sides just results in nothing pegging into place right.
I'll try that next time I transform him, and see if it works with mine. What's happening now is that the legs just refuse to stay plugged in, so hopefully that helps.
Notabot wrote:Do you have a trick for making the face change gimmick work? Mine is so tight that I can't even turn it at all.
Mine was the same way. I think the rubbery face plastic was stuck to the hard plastic of the helmet. I just kept pushing until it moves, and now it spins almost too easily (though only in one direction, with the face moving down to reveal the next one).
Firestrider57
Protoform

Post by Firestrider57 »

Newest since last time include:
1. Cybertron Wingsaber (incomplete). Rather beat-up figure but with all limbs
2. Cybertron Optimus Prime (incomplete): Cab and bed only, no guns and no "Fire Truck" wingrack. (Phooey!) Connect to form Sonic Wing Mode
3. Generations FOC Blaster plus Steeljaw,Eject,Ramhorn. Only one set of data discs left and it will be way coolness!
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

Picked up Sandstorm today. He's...impressed me. You can tell from bits and pieces that he's from the Springer mold, but he's been so heavily remolded that it really doesn't matter. With his color scheme and all the retooling he hardly looks like Springer at all. His transformation is similar but has a number of differences.

I dare say I like him a tad more then Springer, as a toy that is. Interesting VTOL mode and a "dune buggy" alt mode that looks more like the Tumbler from Batman with the oversized back wheels. I may end up picking another one up and painting it up as just that eventually.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Got Prime Beast Hunters Ultimate Predaking yesterday - a surprise as I'd preordered UK stock and was told it would arrive in August or September!

I really like this guy - he's nicely detailed (in-keeping with the blend of stylised complexity that is Prime) and massively imposing in either mode. The transformation is really very simple, and definitely could be easily done by a child, but it works perfectly for both modes (in fact works way better than Deluxe Ripclaw's more complex transformation to more-or-less the same effect).

The head-lunge gimmick is good fun, although limits display poses for the dragon mode. The tail sword works remarkably well, but lacks the orange paint apps in the pictures (actually, this is a bonus for the sword mode, but a negative for the dragon tail mode). Shame the tail doesn't have any articulation though - at this size I'm sure some locking joints could have been put in so it could still become a solid sword. The missile launchers also attach nicely to Predaking's forearms in robot mode, a bit Seeker-esque (but oldschool crossbow style). I've not bothered with the electronics.

Anyhoo, Ultimate Predaking looks phenomenal squaring off against First Edition Voyager Prime, and I look forward to receiving Beast Hunters Voyager Prime for the ultimate showdown!

(As I haven't seen any Prime cartoons, I just collect these guys because they look great and are good fun - I have no idea what the scale is in the cartoon, but I really like having a Predaking towering over everyone else - it seems very fitting!)

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Also items on eBay.
FortressMaximus
Protoform

FortressMaximus Collection

Post by FortressMaximus »

Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Unless you got all that in one go, it should go in the collection thread :P

Got a little surprise in the mail

Igear Veer/Swerve: Managed to snag this one, within the UK, for a couple of dollars more than the BBTS price, including shipping. Arrived on Saturday. My feelings are mixed on this; too basic/Cybertron era for my taste, and mine had a glaring fault in that some panels were not pressed together at all and I had to do it manually. It took quite a bit of force. The figure itself is a cool size to compliment MP Red Alert, and the tommy gun is fun. Transformation is a bit fiddly as parts clash with each other all the time. My opinion of it isn't helped by the fact that a day before he arrived, Hasbro announced and had shown us a legends Swerve at Botcon. Should have definitely been more red than pink.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Let's see... I haven't got a LOT of Transformers stuff lately, since locally the stores are in that 'do absolutely ****ing nothing until Back to School' mode at the moment. With a couple of exceptions, the stores have been relatively unchanged in stock since about February.

I did manage to snag wave 2 of the Transformer KreO packs.
I also managed to snag Construct-Bot Blitzwing, discussed in detail elsewhere.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

I got Ultimate Predaking at a nice discount, plus Twinstrike (Sinnertwin). Haven't opened either yet.

I also got a Kreon five-pack thing for cheap, consisting of Optimus, Megatron, Soundwave, Sentinel (apparently) and one bonus... who happened to be Starscream. Kreons... much more fun and less prone to warping than the microchanger bullshit I got some time ago.
numbat

Post by numbat »

I'd be interested to hear what you think of Ultimate Predaking. I still really like him after a week: fun to transform and very imposing in both modes.

Also items on eBay.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Rippersnapper at last! Two out of five.

Damn terrorcons are difficult to find...