POST YOUR NEWEST ACQUISITIONS!

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

I actually picked him up at TJ Maxx several months ago for $10. And then saw one at my local TRU today as well. Maybe they just found a pallet at the back of the warehouse.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Thundertron made it over here as well... TRU still hasn't restocked any FoC and is sitting on dusty Prime stock.

Springer's really cool. I don't normally go for Voyager-size figures but that, Blitzwing, FoC Grimlock and DotM Bludgeon (with upgrades) all came out very nicely. Grimlock suits the sword that came with Magnus pretty well, and there's an ArtTek third-party blaster out at some point... I'm surprised no-one seems to have thought of making a chest to clip on and make the dino mode less of a burr.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Denyer wrote:I'm surprised no-one seems to have thought of making a chest to clip on and make the dino mode less of a burr.
It's been attacked a couple of different ways... Full chest piece from Shapeways, or a simpler mod for shield storage that accomplishes as much.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Ehhh.. not bad, but would benefit from being larger (filling out the belly and covering more of the neck). Here's hoping a "pro" manufacturer tackles it like they have guns.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

I got Transformers: Generations Springer. I had to max out a credit card to get him.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

I got TF Prime Voyager Skyquake for £11.99 at Home Bargains. Hasbro made one, who knew? He's green and not as nice as Dreadwing.

...I think I may have wasted some money here.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Cyberstrike nTo wrote:I got Transformers: Generations Springer. I had to max out a credit card to get him.
That's hardcore.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Skyquake87 wrote:I got TF Prime Voyager Skyquake for £11.99 at Home Bargains. Hasbro made one, who knew? He's green and not as nice as Dreadwing.

...I think I may have wasted some money here.
There will be hungry fans in the US eager to take him off your hands and pay back your 11.99 pounds with interest.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

ganon578 wrote:That's hardcore.
Does hardcore mean foolish in Colorado lingo? ;)
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Notabot wrote:Does hardcore mean foolish in Colorado lingo? ;)
Judging by the number of my friends who are NOT evacuating from the fire lines around... 'yes'. :S
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

I picked up a bunch of beasties second-hand today.

Polar Claw: He's a toy I always liked the look of as a kid, but I've never gotten until now. He's definitely nice. The beast mode is a statue, but he's got great articulation as a robot. The white, red and black colour scheme works for him, and I'm very thankful that it is white and not a sickly yellow. Gimmicks are a bit questionable (I like the giant fangs in bear mode but the strange pop-out claw and the bat that turns into his other paw are odd choices).

TM2 Dinobot: A monstrous mass of spikes, cables and chrome, almost a cross between Movie toys and the Borg. And it's glorious. Unfortunately he's seen better days, with a few loose joints that'll require a bit of tightening before he's displayable. That's an easy fix though, and he was cheap by show-toy standards so I'm quite happy with him.

RiD Gas Skunk: At first I thought this was BW Stinkbomb, since there's so little difference between the two. But he's got the Predacon spark crystal so it's definitely Gas Skunk. The deco differences are minor but I actually like the RiD version a little bit more so it all works out. The shiny silver paint looks really good on him, as does the chrome. His robot mode's cool too, though the gigantic ponytail makes it hard for him to move his head around.

Animated Blackarachnia: Really, the only good toy BA has ever gotten. Probably the best character design full-stop, in fact. And the toy's really good, at least in robot mode. The spider mode is a bit weak but she's the best Animated toy I've ever owned by a mile.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Knightdramon wrote:There will be hungry fans in the US eager to take him off your hands and pay back your 11.99 pounds with interest.
Ha! I'll bear that in mind. I think I need to spend a bit more time with him, but my initial impressions are just...GREEN. He looks like some fearsome broccoli.

In other Prime related news, whilst in the pleasant market town of Skipton, I chanced upon some Legion Beast Hunters toys in a branch of Toymaster. I picked up Twinstrike whom is awesome and has some really cool detailing and paint apps and Legion Airachnid whom is actually better than her Deluxe toy. Proper arms, decent balance...just some unfortunate helicopter nose kibble behind her head to spoil things. Actually pretty impressed with both of these two :clap:
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Warcry wrote:
Animated Blackarachnia: Really, the only good toy BA has ever gotten. Probably the best character design full-stop, in fact. And the toy's really good, at least in robot mode. The spider mode is a bit weak but she's the best Animated toy I've ever owned by a mile.
I like this toy too. I think her Beast Machines toy just nudges it for me, despite the large thighs. That toy seems to work the best for her in terms of balancing a decent robot mode and beast form.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Skyquake87 wrote:I like this toy too. I think her Beast Machines toy just nudges it for me, despite the large thighs. That toy seems to work the best for her in terms of balancing a decent robot mode and beast form.
The BM toy isn't bad either, but it loses points in my books because it's so very, very obviously a BM toy. You can't display it with anything but other BM stuff without it looking silly, and I don't want other BM stuff, so... But Animated Blackarachnia actually displays reasonably well with beastformers from most generations.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Notabot wrote:Does hardcore mean foolish in Colorado lingo? ;)
I think there's a link there. Quite often the two go hand in hand!
HotShot81
Protoform

Post by HotShot81 »

Got my hands on Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Starscream and Ultra Magnus for $80 with taxes.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

I've got Magnus and Shockwave of Beast Hunters fame! :)
HotShot81
Protoform

Post by HotShot81 »

How do they look?
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Both are pretty great.

Shockwave's beast armor thingies are redundant and have disappeared into a box somewhere... the chestpiece, at least. Lazerback now wields two oversized maroon Wolverine claw-things, that I admit look great on someone that's an actual Predacon.

Shockwave himself is a pretty great toy for a Voyager, and scales well with the other toys in my collection, being surprisingly larger than Megatron and Dreadwing. I can't remember if he's actually taller than Megatron in the show, but he towers over Starscream, Soundawave, Wheeljack et al, which in my book is okay. He's well-articulated, that gun-hose is amazing... he's a great robot, but not much else, since his alternate mode is a folded-up tank.

But be honest, what else are you going to do with a Shockwave toy?

Ultra Magnus is a surprise, since I've never experienced the RID mold due to how horrendous it looked as a robot Optimus Prime, but the retool into Ultra Magnus made him look much better in robot mode, even if he does look like he's a little slim. I like how his chestpiece turns into the vehicle mode's windshield... I've never made that connection when I saw the original Ultra Magnus design. Plus, it's great finally having an Ultra Magnus toy. None of this white Prime business, no sir!

His missiles are annoying join Shockwave's chest piece in the 'accessory box of shame'. Yes, you can clip them in lots of places but they still look ugly.

Jetpack? Whatever am I going to do with a jetpack? Here, FE Optimus Prime, you can have it and I can pretend you have been upgraded. Saves me from buying the awesome-looking Ultimate class toy of the new body.

His hammer, while a wee bit too small and silver, is a great enough accessory. When I got past the non-show-accurate look, it's actually pretty great. All in all Magnus is a pretty solid toy that delivers in both modes. Will take time if this feeling goes away (I still can't look at the blue semi-truck and think 'Magnus'... G1 indoctrination still makes me think a white-cabbed blue car carrier is Magnus' alternate mode) but I sufficiently like these two Voyagers.

Now to find Smokescreen and Predaking to complete the set. Gotta catch 'em all!
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

As a birthday present to myself(and it was a surprise present as I figured I'd need to hit eBay or BBTS to get these guys), I got Generations Springer and Blitzwing.

I'm loving Springer. He fits together nice and tight, he fits in with the earlier Generations deluxes pretty well(he looms over Mirage but isn't much taller than Jazz), and his alt modes are beautiful. As an added bonus, he looks like they based the design on Nick Roche's. A win all around.

Blitzwing, on the other hand....... The best thing with Blitzwing is that I now have all of the 'Con triple changers. It's obvious they tried. They really did. Conceptually, he works pretty well, and other than a few glaring design flaws, he'd be great. I appear to have found the one that neither shoulder will lock on. I figured out how to get around it, but the fact that mine barely holds together in either vehicle mode makes it something of a hollow victory.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642