POST YOUR NEWEST ACQUISITIONS!

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Tramp
Protoform

Post by Tramp »

I just picked up TFP RiD Bumblebee yesterday, it's actually a pretty nice figure, the only real downside being the section of grille and bumper sticking up behind his head, and lack of some paint apps (the latter of which is easily remedied).
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Belated acquisitions: got DotM Commander Prime earlier in the week, completing the set of figs I need as table decorations for my upcoming wedding. A run-down: -

- Commander Prime: probably the best downsized Movie Prime they've done yet, but I think the character model's just completely unsuited to this sort of size. Thus he still has weird legs and a big boxy chest.

- Commander Ironhide: tasty little mould, actually. Very faithful to the larger versions, well-articulated, arm artillery. Dent in the Topkick bonnet's a shame, but worth it for the chest.

- Legions Ratchet: Meh. Mediocre. Ratchet always seems to get screwed these days - 07, ROTF, Prime, Classics...

- Legions Bumblebee: He looks like the ROTF one with... extra feet? Not actually bothered opening him.

- Legions Roadbuster: What these should be like. Cheaty as ****, but both modes are highly accurate. Splayed legs are a bit of a shame, but the best of the Legends-sized figures.

- Legions Sideswipe: DotM retool? Not bad, per se, but not exactly great either. Arms let it down - could at least have made them pointy.

- Legions Leadfoot: Good car mode, dire robot mode. Aside from the head and the colour scheme looks absolutely nothing whatsoever like the character.

- Legions Topspin: Sucktacular. Awful little shell-former. Car mode looks dull, robot mode looks like a Happy Meal toy.
Tramp
Protoform

Post by Tramp »

Just snagged Deluxe TFP Rid Wheeljack and Cyberverse TFP Megatron. Definitely nice figures.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

I picked up a number of celebratory Prime figures, and finally got a chance to open up Optimus and Cliffjumper. I was pleasantly surprised with Optimus. He could certainly use some paint aps or some different shades of gray, but he's got a nice transformation that's clever but not too fiddly. Great to see real pectoral windows instead of implants.

Cliffjumper's pretty awesome too. I'm confused as to why he has molded fake tire thighs, but since they're in the back, it's not distracting. Looks great in both modes. Have I heard correctly that the RID version is better than the First Edition?
Tramp
Protoform

Post by Tramp »

Notabot wrote:I picked up a number of celebratory Prime figures, and finally got a chance to open up Optimus and Cliffjumper. I was pleasantly surprised with Optimus. He could certainly use some paint aps or some different shades of gray, but he's got a nice transformation that's clever but not too fiddly. Great to see real pectoral windows instead of implants.

Cliffjumper's pretty awesome too. I'm confused as to why he has molded fake tire thighs, but since they're in the back, it's not distracting. Looks great in both modes. Have I heard correctly that the RID version is better than the First Edition?
For some figures, yes. For Cliffjumper, I'd say the FE version is more accurate, the same with Bulkhead.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Last week end I got TR Prime Wheeljack and I'll probably get Cliffjumper this week, but I'll probably ignore Bumblebee and Optimus.
I also got PCC Steamhammer and the Constructicons in the mail during the week.
Destruction is my specialty
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

Snagged myself a TF Prime Deluxe Ratchet.

Not a bad looking robot mode. The paint seems a bit light in both modes because of all the faking they did, but other wise not a bad little figure. Also, stabby hands!
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

I got Prime Wheeljack today.

A bit short, but otherwise a damn good bot.
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

I found Human Alliance Roadbuster yesterday in my local Entertainer. Half price at £14.99 was worth a punt. He's not bad, but needs the Reprolabels stickers and larger sunglasses...
Wreck and Rule!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Revoltech Live Action Optimus Prime. Bit underwhelmed, to be honest. It's my first ever Revoltech, and don't get me wrong it looks spectacular. But the articulation of the thing has been seriously overhyped by the fandumb, unsurprisingly. He's as poseable as hell (though at the moment the balls have an irritating habit of pulling limbs back a few millimetres after you've posed them) but it's no real advance on the vast majority of non-transforming PVC figures of the past decade or so (FIX Figuration, GN-U Dou, etc.), it's just the first one to do Transformers and thus has been overhyped due to 95% of TF fans having complete ignorance about toy design beyond TF stuff; it is much better than Robot Replicas, but that wasn't exactly cutting edge.

He's a great little figure and I'm sure I'll warm to him, I was just expecting something absolutely seismic.
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

Cliffjumper wrote:Revoltech Live Action Optimus Prime.
How many faces does he come with?
Wreck and Rule!
numbat

Post by numbat »

Received my Takara Prime First Edition Voyager Bulkhead today, and by the Great Mongoose I am so glad I shelled out on the guy (£55 seemed expensive, but not now!)! He's got to be the best Transformer I have ever owned - so satisfying to transform, so incredibly well designed and engineered, superbly articulated with great balance, and gorgeous with the metallic green (same colour as my Land Rover 90 Defender). He's the perfect balance of all things you could ever want from a Transformer (not too complex, but very very fun).

The only thing I can think of to complain about (and this is incredibly minor) is the false wheel moulded on his feet, cast in the metallic green plastic - but you don't notice it really, and so it make no difference.

He fits in nicely alongside Classics style figures too - the perfect oponent for RTS Lugnut!

FE Bulkhead is so novel, so perfectly designed, you really ought to pick him up in your preferred colour scheme (more show accurate but garrish and plain Hasbro, or metallic green Takara) before prices rocket any further, if your budget can stretch to it.

Such a shame that he had such a limited release, and that a far inferior Voyager mould will be replacing him in the main RID Prime line. Tragic.

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I just don't like Bulkhead's Animated look enough to justify spending that sort of money on a HasTak toy; by default he's probably my least favourite TF:P Autobot anyway. I'll settle for the RiD one (especially as it will hopefully be more compatible with Breakdown)

More annoyed that we seem to only be getting Ratchet in unpainted Scout-Deluxe form.
Rack 'n Ruin wrote:How many faces does he come with?
Just one, sadly. The accessories are actually a bit lame - just one sword that seems comically oversized and a bevy of guns that I'm sure are probably very accurate to the full-on gunishment dished out in DotM, but I'd have preferred the onces from the first two films. Eh.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Cliffjumper wrote:I just don't like Bulkhead's Animated look enough to justify spending that sort of money on a HasTak toy; by default he's probably my least favourite TF:P Autobot anyway. I'll settle for the RiD one (especially as it will hopefully be more compatible with Breakdown)
No point picking him up if you don't like the design! That's for sure.

He's my favourite of the Prime designs, but I'm not at all familiar with the actual series or the characters per se. I just love big bulky 'bots and offroad vehicles. He's a bloody massive figure.

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
The Reverend

Post by The Reverend »

Ordered HEadrobots' "Centurion" (Cerebros/Fortress upgrade) set. Will review when it comes in. It was an offhand buy but I'm not quite a fan of the Hasbro head for Cerebros, so whatthehell...
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Finally got my MP11 Starscream with the coronation set.

I've transformed him once back and forth so far, so my opinion may change later on. So far he ain't bad, but he ain't better than the older mould. He's just different. The legs extend and collapse both at the knee and on those stabilizers on the side, the new heels\ankles are more or less useless and the weird swiveling ball jointed null rays make posing the arms more of a chore than it should be.

New head is better than the old one and has spring loaded "ears" for transformation [think Universe\Henkei Sunstreaker]. No swappable faces. Jet mode is based on a different variation of the F15 without any fuel tanks on the sides. Pilot is a new mould, not a clear DR Arkeville. Nose has no gap or downward slant like all the other releases.

Coronation set is a tad awkward to pose with. Shoulder panels interfere greatly with the null rays and are very confusing to work with, the cape is okay and actually clips on very well and the crown just sits on the head. No clips, no tabs, it just sits there aided by friction and gravity.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Rookwise
Protoform

Post by Rookwise »

Not posted in a while but here's a list of my recent acquisitions:-

Prime RID:-

Voyager Optimus Prime and Megatron
Deluxe Soundwave, Cliffjumper, Wheeljack, Bumblebee
Cyberverse Optimus Prime, Bulkhead, Cliffjumper, Bumblebee, Ratchet, Arcee, Megatron, Starscream & 12 Vehicons.

Other:-

Bunch of Reprolabels kits for FP Protector, City Commander, Maketoys Hover/Bomber, Maketoys Battle Tanker.
Universe Blaster
Generations Sky/Black Shadow
BTS Sonicron + Minions Savage and Nightfang
Takara EZ Chronicles G1 Optimus Prime, Skywarp, Bluestreak & G2 Megatron (Purple Tank version)
iGear W05 weapons container, MW01 Spray & MW02 Rager
Beelzeboss Growing Pains Kit

Might be more but thats all I can remember atm
The Reverend

Post by The Reverend »

Centurion set came in. Has upsides and downsides. I'll post a full review soon. I will say the head modes look really good.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

PCC Grimstone and the Dinobots came in the mail, also got voyager Prime Megatron and deluxe Prime Soundwave.
Destruction is my specialty
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Arms Micron Skywarp

I'm not going to be getting much of the Arms Micron line. Takara really seemed to go for something... odd... this time out, with a bizzare idea of stickers over non-painted toys. Fortunately, this seems to have affected Skywarp the least, and the black and purple deco is very nice.

Yes, this is a redeco of First Edition Starscream, but it does work for Skywarp and the new colors help him stand out a little as his own character. Starscream smirks because he's a scheming little bastard. Skywarp smirks because he's an asshole. See? It works out.

Jet mode is fairly nice and compact though it has the usual under-wing kibble. The missile pods have been replaced with... fuel tanks?... which allow the micron to attach in odd ways. Transformation is very well done with very little kibble being around in either mode (except the usual deco-wings). Impressive little evil jet fighter, really.

Stickers can add some purple paint deco on the chest, Decepticon sigils for the wings and chest, and silver trim on the wings. Optional, but the little bit helps add some color to the jet mode.

Bulo is Skywarp's AM and you have to wonder just what Takara was thinking. Bulo's robot mode is a large (for a Micron) bull with angular legs. This is where the stickers are most required as nearly all his detail is present in the black and gold stickers. This feels more like a Kabaya figure than anything else.

Bulo officially transforms into some sort of starfish shield blade thingy. This is as silly as it sounds and was probably done to make it LOOK like he's supposed to go with Skywarp when he clearly doesn't. If you fold all four legs you create a much more believable and effective 'power drill' weaponry. In this mode, unfortunately, it just looks like a big spike sticking on Skywarp, making no sense.

Ah well. Skywarp is actually a very pretty figure and a nice addition to the Prime universe, even if he's a redeco thrown into the very odd Arms Micron line. Bulo might have been cool if he had been paired with somelike like Bulkhead or Breakdown and had two color sprues instead of one. Instead we get something that just doesn't quite work with whom he's partnered.