POST YOUR NEWEST ACQUISITIONS!

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
The Doctor

Post by The Doctor »

Found Gens Thunderwing and I agree that his torso and head are far too visible under his alternate mode. Maybe I can design a hatch that will fit over that section or something.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Christmas shoppinggggg! Got to love christmas discounts, wheee!

-Battle Blade Optimus Prime (kickass toy. Best Prime toy so far)
-Mindset (doesn't look like the G2 guy much, but hey!)
-Darkmount Straxus (Awesome bastard)
-Goldbumblebeebug
-Tracks
-Jazz
-that ancient Universe Scout three pack (it has Repugnus, is why)
-Encore Ratchet (what? He doesn't have a head...)

Was sorely tempted by Fallen with staff and REMOVABEL FACE but his coral blue and purple colour put me off. If he were red I would've bought him without hesitation.
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

The Doctor wrote:Found Gens Thunderwing and I agree that his torso and head are far too visible under his alternate mode. Maybe I can design a hatch that will fit over that section or something.
The chest actually folds up and over the head in jet mode, making it a bit of an obvious cowling, but it DOES cover up the head nicely enough.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

I got me Generations Dirge! Squee!

And Insecticon. Just because he's an Insecticon. ;)
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

Christmas brings me PCC Bombshock, Animated Ironhide, and Animated Rodimus!
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

TRANSFORMERS
-Nightwatch Prime
-Energon Landmine
-BM Deluxe Jetstorm
-RiD Galvatron
-Cybertronian Soundwave

NON-TF
-SHF Kamen Rider Decade
-Supertrain Megazord

GAMING
-Borderlands GOTY
-Guitar Hero 2
-Guitar Hero 3
-Need For Speed Hot Pursuit

MISC
-****ton of snacks
-Gorillapod
-Blue Fuzzy Blanket

NOT PICTURED:
-$85 in cash
-Gift cards
-Turtle Beach XBOX 360 Gaming Headset
-Noise Cancelling Headphones
-Earbuds
-Another set of headphones
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

I can never find a good affordable Supertrain on eBay!
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

I got a nice haul of Transformers for Christmas:
  • Generations Red Alert, from my wife. Anything after the Megatron/Straxus wave of Generations is rare around these parts so I was really happy to unwrap him. I love the character and I think he's got the prettiest deco out of the the three, but unfortunately he was beset with huge QC issues. His roof wasn't properly attached in the package and I had to use excessive force to get it to snap into place, which isn't the case on either Sideswipe or Sunstreaker. I also had to prune away mold flash from his right wrist before the hand would attach properly, and his right shoulder was so loose that I needed to apply three coats of clear nail polish to the ball joint before it would hold the arm's weight. He's a nice toy otherwise...I love the mold and I've always loved Red Alert's deco pattern. Oddly though, even though I've always preferred the original toy's black head I really find myself wishing they'd gone for the cartoon-accurate red one instead. I never had a G1 Sideswipe to compare G1 Red to, but on the Classics toys at least it's a little weird that the two of them have the same head.
  • Tomahawk, also from my wife. He's not bad, but not as spectacular as I've heard either. He's got a great helicopter mode and a nice robot mode, with a lot of different options for deploying his weapons. His missile launchers look ridiculous unless you trim the missiles down, though. He feels like he's somewhere in a weird zone between being his own character and being an attempt at a Classics Tracer, but I don't think there are more than a handful of people out there who'll notice or care about that similarity.
  • Battle Blade Bumblebee from my sister-in-law. I've never owned a Movie Bumblebee before, partly because I think he's kinda ugly and partly because there's always a new Bumblebee on the shelves and that made the character a low priority. This toy is pretty cool, though. He's nice and complex without being fiddly, very posable and a good rendition of the on-screen character. The only real problem I have with him is that he's so bloody huge -- he's taller than most deluxes and even alongside Voyagers he looks too big. He's completely out-of-scale with the versions of Movie Optimus, Starscream and Ironhide that I own, but then it would be hard to find a Bumblebee that isn't. I'm still hoping for a Scout-class Bumblebee in the DOTM line but if that doesn't happen this one will do nicely.
burnitall
Protoform

Post by burnitall »

:| Yeah, I got Tuner Skids for Christmas. :|
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Got HFTD Override (Legends) as a stocking stuffer from my wife! Neat little Decepticon car!
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

In addition to the Thunderwing and WFC Cliffjumper my "son" got me for X-Mas, my mom snagged me one of the last WFC Bumblebees in the area to complete my WFC collection.

My son, however, ended up getting 2 PCC 5-packs (Stakeout and Double-Clutch), Leadfoot with Pinpoint, Sidearm Sideswipe, Fallback, and Battle Ops Bumblebee.
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

I snagged Generations Soundwave and PCC Mudslinger with a Target gift card today.

Soundwave is excellent, Mudslinger not so much. Very good set of drones though.
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

I normally don't like to get Transformers as gifts, since I'm insanely careful about what I purchase and (often more importantly) how - I can be a complete pain in the ass when it comes to gifts for my hobbies. Despite that, I did get Cybertron Megatron from my oldest, which was a nice thought.

Megs has already been reviewed so I won't go into too much detail here. He's got a nice imposing robot mode and a big-ass gun. He LOOKS like a menacing form for Megatron and it works very well. Articulation suffers a smidge, but not too much, due to his torso transformation.

Tank mode is.. ah.. well, it's something funky with a gun on it. I can't really put it any other way. It IS a vehicle mode, but it's not really all that practical or realistic. He kinda works a little better in 'artillery' mode here, with the arms made into tripod legs.

Still, good form for Megatron and he's replacing Henkei Megs as the 'G1 Megatron Incarnate' for my collection.
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

I was lucky enough to get MP Grimlock from my other half and Generations Blurr & Dirge from my folks for Christmas. All sorts of awesomeness therein! :D :clap:

Grimlock is simply Grimlock. He is absolutely perfect. Well, with a little black paint on his gun barrels he will be perfect. I can't wait to get him posed alongside my old BT Grimlock which has been converted into a BT Snarl.

Dirge is the final Conehead I needed, so yay for that. The only minor gripes are the dodgy 'Con symbols (I might turn a blind eye), and the fact that the small wing on his right hand side is rather loose. The metal pin doesn't seem to have been driven all the way home in manufacture. Only slightly annoying though. It does hold, it is just a bit saggy. Does anyone reckon it is safe to try to push the pin in further? The last thing I want to do is break a toy I like a lot and that I can live with at present.

Finally, Blurr. I like him a lot more than I thought I would, actually. He is very different to the TM Blurr I had as a child, but I am enjoying the transformation and the weapons selection. Lots of posability & play value there. His colour scheme is nice too.

All in all, three great toys and one lucky TF fan. :D
Wreck and Rule!
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

I got ROTF Bludgeon for xmas from my parents, i think he's really neat.
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
kupimus aka(clocker)
Protoform

Post by kupimus aka(clocker) »

and I got his repaint banzaitron

he is actually quite a decent repaint, im starting to prefer him to bludgeon actually
Let this be thy final lesson monster, no man is e'er defeated till his last breath is drawn! And e'en THEN, 'tis most unwise for the victor to assume the battle is ended, for with god and man, a war is ne'er over till the ultimate wrong is set aright and the final villain is DONE!
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Have you noticed scratches on the tank barrel after making him grip his sword?
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
numbat

Post by numbat »

I got PCC Icepick with Chainclaw for Christmas from my parents.

I wasn't too sure about him at first, but I took the plunge and opened him, after Clay said he wasn't that bad.

Right enough, Chainclaw's pretty neat, and Icepick's not as bad as I expected. In fact, he's fun to fiddle with, and is very well articulated for his size. Shame about the oddly positioned head though! It's extremely far-forward (totally out of line with the rest of his body!).

The Powered-Up head (or whatever you'd call it) is very nifty - it's a shame they didn't use this design for the main head, and just scrap the PCC gimmick. I'm really not in to it (didn't work for Fatimus Prime, and it doesn't work now with any of the misguided myriad PCC figures I've seen pictures of...).

So, not too bad.

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
kupimus aka(clocker)
Protoform

Post by kupimus aka(clocker) »

Have you noticed scratches on the tank barrel after making him grip his sword?
oh yes, among other things that are wrong with the sword. i give it a year before it snaps or the color is completely gone.
Let this be thy final lesson monster, no man is e'er defeated till his last breath is drawn! And e'en THEN, 'tis most unwise for the victor to assume the battle is ended, for with god and man, a war is ne'er over till the ultimate wrong is set aright and the final villain is DONE!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

My wife and I spent the last couple days shopping for some post-Christmas gifts to ourselves. The Transformer aisle are completely desolate everywhere I looked, with Toys'R'Us filling their pegs with ancient ROTF back-stock just so they have something out there and Walmart not even bothering. The empty TF shelves are kinda depressing, but kinda nice to see as well because it means a new generation is getting properly introduced to the franchise. And then, after all that I managed to find a Breacher at Sears of all places, in spite of the fact that most of the rest of their stock is months or years out of date (seriously, they had two Universe Onslaughts on the shelves).

Breacher is very, very good. Not "good for a Scout" either -- he's up there with Hubcap, Straxus, Seaspray and Terradive as one of the best Transformers I've gotten all year. He looks great, he's got a lot of hardpoints for the new clip weapons and he's poseable. Most impressive, though, is the transformation. He's like a scaled-down version of Universe Onslaught, something that has no right to work at such a small scale but does anyway, beautifully. If you have a chance, definitely pick him up.