POST YOUR NEWEST ACQUISITIONS!

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Catalyst Dragon

Post by Catalyst Dragon »

So, after getting reports that wave 1 of the Generations line and PCC have started showing up at walmarts yesterday, I get off work and rush to my local walmart to check and what do I find?

NOTHING!!! Not a damn one of them, the newest figure they have is a Rotf Brawn, which I already have, and which has been setting there for almost two months now, just like the rest of the shelf warmers, They just got this big remodeling project finished and restocked all the shelves. Almost every section in the store has new inventory except...the transformers section...
All that was needed was a catalyst and the machines of war are set in motion.
Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

Catalyst Dragon wrote:The instructions leave out two steps to transform him to alt mode. one being having to rotate the arms at the elbows. the other being flipping the knees over to become the tail lights/back end.
One more thing they didn't put on instruction for Prime. In robot mode, his feet can slide backward. Even though looks a little bit short toe, but that will provide him much, much better balance without back heavy.
burnitall
Protoform

Post by burnitall »

Got a WFC Bumblebee at TRU. Still no darn leader Starscream around here.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Recently bought ROTF HFTD Seaspray and Power Core combiner 5 pack Skyburst and the Aerialbots. And I must say I am oddly hyped up for the rest of the 5 pack combiners much like how I was for WFC Optimus.
Destruction is my specialty
The Reverend

Post by The Reverend »

G1 Octopunch.
Catalyst Dragon

Picked up RotF Leader Optimus Prime finally. Didn't even bother transforming him to truck mode, just combined him with Jetfire and put him back on the shelf.

I must say he becomes one hell of a brick!

Also used him to take advantage of Hasbro's Double your action giveaway!
Spend $25 dollars get three Deluxe figures!
Even if I get ones I've already got, Their free so i'm happy.

Also, The TRNS-whatever Valkyrie's/Medics are in at BBTS.

I had Arcee(Pink Version) ordered. I'm excited.
The Reverend

Post by The Reverend »

Heh, I picked up a KO Sixliner (hilariously bad, half the members arms aren't detached from the train bodies like the instructions indicate), and another KO that appears to be two Micromasters I'm not familiar with. $6 altogether, so I harbor no bitterness.
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

I got ROTF Lockdown he's really cool!
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

electro girl wrote:I got ROTF Lockdown he's really cool!
Hell yes. I've always had a thing for muscle cars.

I also just picked up the HFTD Seaspray. He fits nicely in with my collection of "micro-vehicles that got massively larger toys" collection, right next to Powerglide and Countdown.
Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

Got Hubcap from the Kohl's. Yes, the Kohl's. Robot mode is nice and the classic car mode is loverly, but unfortunately one of the tires needs alignment, though. Transformation is so easy. He has the gundam feet which looks interesting but seems like not fitting with him that well. Saw all other wave 1 HFTD scout class, too, but not so interesting in picking them up.
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

Armada Perceptor came in!

Probably the best $5 I ever spent.
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

The G3 trailer for my Henkei Optimus Prime came in today. It looks very awesome :D
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Sades

Post by Sades »

Got the last Decepticon Bludgeon on sale while on a brief foray to the magical land of Wal Mart today. Twenty bucks.

I'd be more enthused if I didn't feel half-dead with ill right now, that is one badass-looking robot mode. Will probably post again once I get it out of the box.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Dear god the KO Dinobots are just love. I might not even open them. Tech spec decoders, robot points, (C) 1984 Hasbro Bradley Inc... Made and printed in Japan. Manufactured by Takara.

It's just... awh. I could spend all day just staring at the mural on the back of the boxes. Whirl! And Twin Twist! No, wait, it's a miscoloured Topspin.

Christ. Deluxe Insecticons, Jumpstarters, Jetfire, Red Tracks... I hate to think what toonies made of this picture at the time.
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

Halfshell wrote:Christ. Deluxe Insecticons, Jumpstarters, Jetfire, Red Tracks... I hate to think what toonies made of this picture at the time.
That picture confused the hell out of me when I was 7! It is, however, the single greatest piece of art from the 20th century.

I noticed the other day, my KO Grimlock's box describes him as Dinobot Bommander. Doh! They are fun though. I now have my Swoop (ref. some other thread)!
Wreck and Rule!
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Rack 'n Ruin wrote:I noticed the other day, my KO Grimlock's box describes him as Dinobot Bommander. Doh!
So it does. Whoops!
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Grabbed PCC Bomb-burst (I think that's his name) and he's Comvbaticon drone last Sunday for $30, looked like someone tried to hide him, but too bad for them.
Additionally, all the TF's that I've bought in the last month or so have all been on special, which has been awesome.
Destruction is my specialty
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Rack 'n Ruin wrote:That picture confused the hell out of me when I was 7! It is, however, the single greatest piece of art from the 20th century.

I noticed the other day, my KO Grimlock's box describes him as Dinobot Bommander. Doh! They are fun though. I now have my Swoop (ref. some other thread)!
I have now deboxed and transformed them. Yay for separate rubsigns! At least in the case of Swoop and Sludge. Good to see they've even reproduced Takara's quality control, what with Snarl having a flaked torso already and his left fist being backward.

Never realised how tiny Swoop is compared to the others. He so ickle.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Halfshell wrote:Never realised how tiny Swoop is compared to the others. He so ickle.
Aye, you have to wonder how Hasbro got away with it at the time - remember the borderline fatwah after RiD Wedge came out at the same price point as the others? Hound's the other one that amazes me, he must have had the same RRP as Inferno, who's about twice the size.
Catalyst Dragon

Got my TRNS-01 Valkyrie in yesterday!

I'm so happy to have an Arcee in my G1/classics collection that actually looks like Arcee!

But...

Sweet Jeebus it's small! In robot mode she stands about as tall as Classics Bumblebee(without the Jet/Ski pack) but with the bulk and Slenderness of a 80's Gi Joe figure. Her arms are little wider than toothpicks! She's got good articulation though and can be put in quite a few poses, I've currently got her in a very common Arcee pose from the headmasters cartoon. One foot infront of the other with her hands behind her back and head slightly turned.

She's pretty simple to transform only about 3-4 steps. Her supercar mode looks good, it's about the size of a Scout/Basic class though.

Now for my cons- The paint job is subpar, theres blotches on the shoulders where the painter was holding her, she has some jack-offs fingerprint on the back of her right shoulder. And there are several other blemishes and evidence of a general lack of effort put into the painting.

The plastic is flimsy and weak as hell, and the connector pegs for the chest and arms dont' match up at all.

Basically she's an overpriced display piece that I'm afraid to touch for fear of breaking her or the paint rubbing off.

But she sure looks awesome standing next to Rodimus and Springer(Warbot)

I'll try to remember to put some pictures up... no guarantees though.