POST YOUR NEWEST ACQUISITIONS!

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
burnitall
Protoform

Post by burnitall »

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail

Don't know about Hasbro, but Takara does.
wolfbolt86
Protoform

Post by wolfbolt86 »

burnitall wrote:http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail

Don't know about Hasbro, but Takara does.
I know, but Takara/Tomy was also going to be the only one to have a Rachet at one poin to.
Grufflock

Post by Grufflock »

Just had universe Sideswipe and Ironhide delivered. Sideswipe is really nice, and I prefer him to Sunstreaker. Ironhide however..... I do like him, but bits just kept falling off when i took him out of the box. And he's getting a lick o' paint.

Odd though, Sideswipe was really tight when trying to turn him back into a car. To the point where it was impossible to do. Anybody else had this problem?
WWW.OLDOILHOUSE.CO.UK
Bringing Robots Into Disgrace Since 1984
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

I've found the joints on SS & SS to be tight as well. It's getting to the point where i'm considering cutting off the clips on the doors, etc.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Got SWTF Boba Fett.

Saving money, so sadly I can't buy too many toys...

My Sunstreaker has loose joints, so does Prowl. Sideswipe and Silverstreak are incredibly tight, though.
Catalyst Dragon

Post by Catalyst Dragon »

My Universe Inferno and Powerglide came in from BBTS today.
All that was needed was a catalyst and the machines of war are set in motion.
Civ

Post by Civ »

Just got two Encore Trailbreakers (one to open, one to stay sealed) and this is the first time I've ever done this with anything in my collection. Also just got Henkei Hound/Ravage and an upgrade for MP-02 and MP-04 (Ultra Magnus' more G1-ness gun and a Roller for Prime's trailer with gun/gas pump whatchahoosits).
Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up:
burnitall
Protoform

Post by burnitall »

Got uni. Dinobot and Smokescreen at the always lovely Walmart. Saw every trailer trash redneck cliche from the movies in there. I didn't know it was really like that. The horror...

Dinobot tried to fall apart through every part of his first transformation. The plastic bends easily at the raptor neck tabs. As a figure, I say not bad, as a product, I say piece of shit.
I like Smokescreen more every time I look at him. I have all 3 of the mold now, and this time nothing fell off. Maybe from the practice, having the others. Everything but the head on Prowl was nice and tight, everything on Bluestreak was loose, and only the arms are loose on 'Screen.

Oh yes. They used to be $7.77 last month..now they're...$12.88! F$@%. No animated deluxes at all.
Dragon Warrior Steve
Protoform

Post by Dragon Warrior Steve »

Picked up Universe Cyclonus the other night, and I'm just lovin' this guy. This is definitely one of my favorite Classics.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Universe Inferno surprisingly came in the mail from HTS yesterday, when I expected him on Monday. What a nice surprise! He's a great figure!
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

Universe Bluestreak. It's nice how the different placement of paint aps on this mold really make it feel completely different from the original.
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
The Reverend

Post by The Reverend »

I got Uni Cyclonus about a week ago, just opened it yesterday. Although it's skinny and all, I still think it's a really nice remake. (got the G1 figure some years back, and I do like it despite its own flaws.)
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Blackjack wrote:Got SWTF Boba Fett.
Careful if you drop him cos the plastic of the cockpit window can snap of as did mine.
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

I succumbed to my TF buying drought and bought Brawn and Beachcomber. Thinking of doing a little work to give Brawn full knees...
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
The Reverend

Post by The Reverend »

I got a G1 Shrapnel today as well... had Bombshell and Kickback as a kid, but never Shrapnel. Cute lil bugger.
S_Windell
Protoform

Post by S_Windell »

Two words: Animated Swindle!!!

My most anticipated TF in a long time. And the last one I remember actually actively hunting for! (In other words, not "if I see it, I'll get it" but making special trips hoping to find it!) So it was a bit of happy surprise to stop by Wal-Mart after work and find not one, not two, but THREE sitting at the front of the pegs. (And it turned out all my hunting was in vain. I had to make a special trip to Wally's after work to pick up some last minute home fixer-up things...stopped by the toy section out of habit.) He also happens to be the first Transformer in years that I grabbed and tossed into the buggy without even thinking about it.

I usually wouldn't go into too much detail, but I'm so excited I can't help a brief review...

Here are some things that surprised me...

First off, his colour is a bit darker than photos suggest. Nice though! (And the hood being a different shade than the rest of the vehicle almost seems intentional if you study it in person.) Also, there is a mild hint of green mixed in when you look closely.

The vehicle itself sits rather low to the ground (well, table...) and does not look as "cartoon vehicle" as I'd expected. It fits in nicely with other TF lines, particularly third season G1s, imo.

His transformation is a bit meticulous and more detailed than I'd suspected. His abdomenal piece is particularly touchy. Also, for a toy that looks high on playability, he sure has a fragile feeling quality. Nice, nice articulation though. On par with Universe Cyclonus.

I have heard that he's a bit short compared to other Deluxe figures. He's my only Animated, so I sized him up against a row of several Deluxes from different lines- don't see it. The only character he was noticably shorter than is Cyclonus. (Hey, I wasn't about to break out the tape measure...) Add in that he's stocky, and this is a decent sized figure for the price point. Also, yeah, he's top heavy. But not as much as pictures suggest. And no problems at all getting him to stand up.

Sadly, the light piping in the eyes could work a bit better, imho. (Purple eyes on a black face- hard to see!)

In both modes, he looks superb! As you know, Swindle will sell anything. (And one of those things is definitely show accuracy! As I said, my only Animated figure so far, but he's definitely making me want to take a closer look at them.) He's also not above ripping someone off. But he was definitely worth the wait and the money! (Even though Wal-Mart has recently, I'm sure you've all noticed, jacked up the price on Deluxes. :down:)

A near perfect homage to my all time favorite Transformer! :clap: And I rarely do this, but I'm seriously considering picking up another. I'm having a hard time deciding whether he's a desk toy or should go to his rightful place on the Combaticon shelf. For the price of a second one I could get another Deluxe or a CD or a nice steak dinner...but I'm thinking he may be worth it. Man, he's good at this! ;)
Pun-3X

Post by Pun-3X »

So, I went and splurged. I don't usually buy the Takara/Tak-tomy versions of toys if Hasbro is producing them as well. In fact, the last time I went and did it was for Armada Shockwave/Tidal Wave. (The green really bugged me).

So, I went and did it again with Henkei Cyclonus. Something about the colors and a bit of a "what the hell" feeling lead me to doing so. And he is AWESOME! The pink is a good homage to the bright-lit cartoon version, and the chromed portions really aren't so bad. His gray robot bits are much nicer than the beige-gray ones I've seen in the Universe photos (though, if that'd been so bad, I would have just repainted) The little targetmaster looks terrific with the chromed barrels--the tip of the large cannon in a more gunmetal chrome that really puts it over the top.

The toy itself is amazing. A little skinny, but a great looking version of Cyclonus. Everything clicks into place nicely, everything feels well proportioned, and everything just screams COOL. Great detailing in jet mode, with little cannons and gun turrets molded into parts here and there. They really made a great toy with this guy. I'm sure I would have been okay with the Universe one, but I'm glad I went a little extra--especially since I rarely do it.
Clay

Post by Clay »

I bought the Animated Season 1 + Pilot bundle and Animated Season 2 today. Maybe now I'll get to see the show in more than just clips!
13thScorpio

Post by 13thScorpio »

I suppose I'll post here for a first time.

Just got,I believe a tenth anniversery BW Megatron(I lack an ability to read Kanjii,and Amazon wasn't that specific,they said Meg's,I bought.)and the BW Magnaboss.Let the fights begin.
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Do you ever have one of the fridays when you're glad the weeks over and are looking forward to a night out? Well I went to a pub quiz with some friends and when that finished we went to a different pub and I was a bit out of it. After we drank up the designated drivers decided to take a trip to get some petrol and stuff for their cars, so we ended up on the other side of the city at 1am in Asda (wich fortunatley had a toy isle) and voyager figures were half of:up: I awoke this morning with a hangover and Animated Lugnut and Blackarachnia, not my usual TF buying outing but a good one.

Oh and the figures are great but my Lugnut has a sloppy paint job and Blackarachnia has a loose fang.
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!