TF Universe Toys (Opinions)

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Arminius
Protoform

Post by Arminius »

I really like the three I have: Prowl, Sunstreaker, and Tankor (Octane). Tankor is the weakest of the three. Acid Storm and Galvatron look cool and I will get them when they're available here. I don't really care for the Voyager or Ultra figures.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

I have one BIG problem with Tankor. I can't believe they made him hold his melee blade horizontally. I was expecting vertical, not some wierd thing that's better as a blockade. And i know his wrists allow you to make it vertical, but then the wrists are in an awkward position. :down:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

I as expecting both horizontal and vertical for Octane's blade. But I am sure there is a way to change that.
"Fear denies faith. And for the Immortal Emperor!"

-Space Marines
Catalyst Dragon

Post by Catalyst Dragon »

I just got my "Battle for Autobot City" Box set today and I'm messing with Ultra Magnus while I type this...

Got it from Wonko Toys off Amazon. They shipped much faster than Amazon estimated.

Skywarps all shiny and smooth...

Got the City Commander armor preordered...
All that was needed was a catalyst and the machines of war are set in motion.
eleven59
Protoform

Post by eleven59 »

in regards to the universe classic line, im planning on buying any that remind me of their G1 selves..

i bought prowl, sunstreaker, octane and ONSLAUGHT!!!

i want to buy galvatron, but still havnt pulled the trigger yet...

id also like to grab dropshot...

waiting on the other waves that have G1 remolds....

not sure about powerglide or silverbolt....

i like acid storm simply bc hes a seeker mold, but honestly, id rather he had been a convention exclusive and the other 3 classic seekers been released mass retail so we could all complete our sets...
Transformer Kamen

Post by Transformer Kamen »

Oops!
Sonray

Post by Sonray »

Transformer Kamen wrote:Finally got around to opening Blitzwing, and so far...I'm underwhelmed.

I'm not even so worried about the kibbly alt modes; I was prepared for that, but I have parts falling off right and left, nothing seems to lock into place.

He still looks really good, but his play value is really a downer.
Wrong thread. This is for the CLASSICS 2.0/UNIVERSE toys, not that god awful animated rubbish.

:down:
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

I like Hound n Jazz. Dead end, swindle, here i come. (Just pull off hound's chest piec and attach it to his back for a more authentic G1 swindle look)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gareth Infinity

Post by Gareth Infinity »

Got Dropshot, first experience with the mold, it's pretty cool. I like the bulkiness next to modern tiny Voyagers. And for all the bulkiness the articulation's not bad. The one door for the Key feature doesn't like to close easily, but it's no big deal.

I am pleased!

EDIT: Oh, and one of the side panels pops off every time. THAT is starting to get annoying.
Catalyst Dragon

Post by Catalyst Dragon »

Got Tankor(Octane): He's O.k. certainly the weakest of the first wave but not the worst mold I've seen.

His arms are so short!

The truck modes back end could have been better.

But I like his coloration and head. Although I had to cut a piece of purple plastic from his left brow that was covering his eye.
All that was needed was a catalyst and the machines of war are set in motion.
Transformer Kamen

Post by Transformer Kamen »

So, on a crazy impulse I picked up Galvatron.

Overall, I actually don't find him as bad as a lot of people have said.

His tank mode isn't particularly exciting, but it is still pretty solid.

In robot mode I've actually ended up thinking he looks really cool. Kibble and all, and his feet are just poseable enough to counteract those big ass treads hanging off his back. (Anyone know what the "feet" inside of those things are supposed to be?)

On the other hand, his transformation is possibly the most convoluted mess I've very seen, rivaling the Alternators for fiddly bits and crap popping off, though I found the directions surprisingly helpful.

And he is a bit short and even wiry in robot mode, but, personally, I don't mind. I've never understood why the leaders have to be freakin' huge. Though if he were larger, the transformation might not be such a mess.

Anyway, I think he's a worthy upgrade and worth consideration, especially since I doubt we'll get an Animated Galvatron (which would be cool), and since Cyclonus is due out fairly soon (and we're hoping for a Scourge).
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Decepticon Fracture! I'm posting this here since I truly believe that this TF was intended for the Universe line. Fracture is awesome! If you get a chance, pick it up, add it to your Universe collection!!!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Sonray wrote:Wrong thread. This is for the CLASSICS 2.0/UNIVERSE toys, not that god awful animated rubbish.

:down:
Annnnnd breathe...

Clay's very kindly hooking me up with the Lambo pair, so will let y'all know what I think in a few weeks. Like y'all care. Woo.
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

You might just like them. Sunstreaker is still my favorite of the Universe Deluxe figures. (albeit, I only have him, Octane, and Prowl)
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Aye. Sunstreaker's the only one that's managed to have a lasting positive impression on me so far, and the Sideswipe chest looks even better so I can't wait for that version of the mold (like everyone else, I put Sunstreaker in Sideswipe mode just to get a general idea of what to expect from his brother :up: ).

Silverbolt grew on me, but he's really not all that exciting for his size class. He definitely could have been smaller.

Prowl's all right, but nothing special. Galvatron is wayyyyy too frustrating with his 1000 breakaway points. Onslaught (like Silverbolt) could have been a lot smaller.
poyguimogul

long winded man strikes again...

Post by poyguimogul »

/inhale
the original universe toy line i admired and respected, but now i hate the title.. IT was classic TF time... not re-hash universe time.... that aside...

It seems some classic / universe toys, are in the movie line / box-art style..
Storm Surge, is ez a classic Seaspray, and warpath... altho not the best reinterpritation has accurate color scheme and can hang with the classics..

The original universe line -> Repugnus, blew my mind... I was like "WOW! I'm not the only person in america that actually likes monster-bots."
And when they made him again in cybertron, ooh that was another day of joy.

What is a new universe toy..really... none of them seem to fight really. Universe ended with Armada... Now its classic repaints (which go with classics to me) and cybertron repaints (which INMHO just serve as addendums to that story line, which leads to the Movie-X-Over)

King Atlas is nowhere near Diatlas... i see what they were trying to do and it doesnt work for me. Diatlas is like...THE MAN... seriously.. only outdone, by OPtimus Prime himself.. King Atlas.. to me.. is just diatlas's father..hehe.

Crystal Widow was nice. Soundwave was really nice, since he was considerably rare MW toy.. and Ramjet..yeah bouy~! 4th armada seeker jet, for the win!

now.. Im at a loss... the thread says UNIVERSE toys... Tankor/Octane is more a classic toy to me...which dispite his kibble/ tales of loose-ness,i got a good one and could not be happier, since astrotrain has a friend, and carbombia, an ally.

and the new Universe toys... I must admit... I got a Cybertron Soundwave..I got a Galaxy Force soundblaster... annnnnd OH BABY i got a universe blaster.

blades...not as cool as Evac or Springer to me, so not gonna mess with this one... Dropshot ( i love micromasters reborn so this is pure win.)
springer...not as cool as the botcon version i got but, still, better then blades.
ratbat.. another winner. kinda. heavy load.. cant beat the awesomeness of the actual Quickmix toy (/melt at this toys seksi-ness)

the new legends (which i guess is sposed to reprezent g2? Hound was big in the g2 comics but no toy ; ;) Megatron, i love it, keeps my g2 from become further degraded by my grubby-digits, and also allows my bw2 megastorm to remain in his box protected from the world. Jazz is not bad, i originally didnt like the look, but i love this toy. I WOULD LOVE TO SEE A CAMSHAFT REPAINT< AS IT CAN DO THE CLASSIC OMNIBOT 3rd FORM battle mode.

Never had a g1 hound, or reissue, didnt like the stubby arms. I like this mini-version,with the leg articulation. Cant wait for the big version /lust.

The mini-cons.. classic toys, all the way. /exhale
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

poyguimogul wrote:(/melt at this toys seksi-ness)
:eyebrow:
numbat

Post by numbat »

poyguimogul wrote:Soundwave was really nice, since he was considerably rare MW toy...
Just to be pernickety, that mould was originally one of the last of the G1 releases in Europe, as Stalker - which I think looks much nicer than any of the subsequent repaints. However, no matter how you have it, that's one great mould!
poyguimogul wrote:the new legends (which i guess is sposed to reprezent g2? Hound was big in the g2 comics but no toy ; ;) Megatron, i love it, keeps my g2 from become further degraded by my grubby-digits, and also allows my bw2 megastorm to remain in his box protected from the world. Jazz is not bad, i originally didnt like the look, but i love this toy. I WOULD LOVE TO SEE A CAMSHAFT REPAINT< AS IT CAN DO THE CLASSIC OMNIBOT 3rd FORM battle mode....
I don't think the Universe Legends figures are attempting to be a homage to G2 in particular. I think it's a fairly general (miniature homage - sometimes vague homage...) line. Granted, Megs is a G2 homage, but I am fairly certain Hound is a G1 homage (based more on his cartoon incarnation than the toy), as is Jazz (he certainly is not doing a good job as a G2 Jazz homage, if that was the intention! They went and based his patterns off of the G1 version! If anything, I think Legends Jazz is a nifty amalgamation of the G1 toy design and his G1 cartoon counterpart.)

:)

Totally with you though - they are ace figures! Next up are Animated characters, followed by G1 Minibots homages for the Universe Legends line!

As to the current Universe line, I think it is an interesting blend of the Classics and original Universe lines. We are getting great new homages to characters that appeared in previous lines (not just G1 this time round), interspersed with a lot of repaints (some of which do not work in my opinion, just like the original TF Universe line!).

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
poyguimogul

Longwinded-man aka Rambler

Post by poyguimogul »

Yeah i LOL'd hard when i saw Legends Brawn (awesome!!!) Beachcomber (OO Big Awesome x2) and Mini-Spy Classic BUmblebee (meh~!) along side.....
A classics legend Animated Starscream..... WTF! FFS!
I.. really liked the animated show.. animated is a super generic name By the way, and it sux that it couldnt have a better name...

I reallyliked the show. Alot more then i thought i was going to.
The toys, while show accurate, hmm.... they are junk...
after buying all of them.. (not all the various sizes, just all the main charecters from the show.)... I now only acknowledge...

Blackarachnia (good rep, of charecter / new version of this charecter.)

Soundwave (what soundwave should've been, had he been an alternator, a scion.. but w/e altho hes a short fat guy now. hes still a BADASS.)

Activator Bumblebee w/ DLX Optimus Prime (back in the saddle again!)
*now if only HASBRO would PICK UP HE PACE on WASP, and cliffjumper.

The Dino-bots ( another different origin for the trio of terror, but... THEY LOOK DAMN GOOD)

The BIG BIG BIG earth mode MEGATRON..... ok ok ok... i know imma freak.. but.. once i got this... i forgot all about animated... I pulled out my JP G1 micromasters, and battlestars(grandus), and my reissue starconvoy.... yeah baby!
Battlestars SUPER_MEGATRON~!!!!
Now to dig out my ENERGON BLACK UNICRON, to play the role of Dark Nova..!

*because this is about universe ill say something before i go. (1-5 stars)

Tankor/Octane (*****)not a common charecter, and fresh design
Sideswipe (*****)the autobot brothers return,
Sunstreaker (*****)and if you have both, and swap heads (TigerTracks)5s
Galvatron(****) i took off 1 star because of his height..
Starscream(*) one star for being 3rd repaint, and the FIRST version, was the
best...

Onslaught(*****)big and badass, and looking accurate..correct name too.
Silverbolt(*****)see above, Henkei VERSION, is UGLY>>>
Powerglide(*****) see above, Henkei Version, is way cooler looking.
Ironhide (*****) nice look and articulation.
Ratchet(******)extra star for looking more badass then ironhide, and looking more badass then his animated counter part, and replacing the (NEED) for the botcon energon version(which i originally used as classic ratchet, but NO MORE)

(EXCL)Wildrider(****) I know, and i dont care.... Ok... he pwnz..not so much for 28$(before mark up/shipping) HAHAHA loses one star,becuase of cost.

(DLX)Optimus Prime ( is re-release) (*) one star for being uglier then the original version.
(DLX)Megatron...ok hasbro...I made my timeline, and now your just fingering me.. and its not pleasent...(****) fourstars, cuz i love the original, this is just as beautiful..but dammit...grrr...wait.. I got a plan...alt. universe,were prime is the LAST AUTOBOT and Megatron,Overkill,Dragstrip, and 3x a charm Starscream - chase him into Norm,universe... yeah yeah yeah!!!
(Dlx)Dragstrip(*****) this mold pwnz. plain and simple.. but 3 versions.. i think im at my limit.....mirage,fracture,dragstrip... thats enough for me thnx
(dlx) overkill (*****)- HAHAHAHA I used to use (evil Grimlock) as this charecter (no more) now i Have Classic OVERKILL and~~~
CLASSIC DINOKING~~~/joy,plus Soundwave, gains another buddy. /joyx2

@Storm Cloud(****) loses one star because he should have been Micromaster Tailwind... TAILWIND dammit..... not steelwind (classic mini-con)... not stormcloud... TAILWIND TAILWIND TAILWIND...he was the 3rd best of his group..in order #1 NightFlight #2 Whisper #3 Tailwind #4 stormcloud.

@Treadbolt(***) loses two stars, because THE ONLY transformer to EVER make BROWN work was......BIG round of applause for the short lived leader of the autobots, my friend and yours.... Totally deserving of a CLASSIC / UNIVERSE toy more THEN ANY OTHER......... CHROMEDOME...
other then that, a micromaster reborn...and i love those.. and because of that... Ill rate, his homies...

@Big Daddy (*****) WIN~!
@DropShot (****) loses a star because his name is inaccurate.. but W/E..
@..Mudflap (aka erector)***** another win~!,,heh..his original name is classic. and is more rugged then his cybertron counterpart, that seemed geared to mock/homage/emulate, the blue enrgon crane..
@Overload (*****) not only a micromaster reborn (before it was cool to do) but hes also... a HEADMASTER... can this toy be beat... NEVER~!..oh wait.. he did get beat by Ultra Magnus and Sentinel Maximus, but for armada era, he was rocking it.

and the finale.... classic / universe legends toys again.. Air Raid... a repaint of soundwave.. thats black... come on....I mean.. come on... SOundblaster!!!
hot spot, Oh how i love all your toys. hungarr, rocking. not mentioning rest at this time... thrust tho.. i like, and another ramjet..what a twist..
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

poyguimogul wrote:@..Mudflap (aka erector)
Hmmm . . . never thought of that. I had Erector as a kid, and now you made me want this mold, dammit! ;)