TF Universe Toys (Opinions)

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Detective Barricade wrote:They've repainted Cyb. Evac as Universe Autobot Blades and as Universe vs. 2 pack Springer. I wouldn't rule out a possible repaint of Mirage as Dragstrip.
That's a very good point.

Damn, I hope they do repaint Mirage as Dragstrip!

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Indeed. Though I don't think the name Dragstrip is available. The Alternators Windcharger repaint was called Decepticharge. Hopefully we'll get a Dragstrip-inspired figure. It's a no-duh move.

I'm actually surprized that the Transformers Club did the clear Mirage instead of that one for their attendee exclusive in 2007. Yeah clear Mirage is cool and all, but I'd rather have a new character.

The other three limbs wouldn't be too hard. They could use one mold for all of them (yeah, they were different cars, but Hasbro gots a budget to keep, and we're more likely to see them if they use the same mold. They could always incorporate elements from the three cars). Actually the Sideswipe-headed Lambor mold would make a good Breakdown. That leaves two limbs to go.

Menasor could be a voyager figure.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

The GF picked up Blaster today. I honestly don't see what people are bitching about, it's a great fig.

Sure the colors are a little off, and the legs need to be tighter, but his vehicle mode is great and I love Laserbeak Blockrock. Only bad thing I can think of is his lack of a Blaster Like head, which can be easily solved.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

secretcode wrote:The GF picked up Blaster today. I honestly don't see what people are bitching about, it's a great fig.

Sure the colors are a little off, and the legs need to be tighter, but his vehicle mode is great and I love Laserbeak Blockrock. Only bad thing I can think of is his lack of a Blaster Like head, which can be easily solved.
I second that. I really enjoy Blaster, a little more red in the paint apps would've been nice.
numbat

Post by numbat »

ganon578 wrote:I second that. I really enjoy Blaster, a little more red in the paint apps would've been nice.
The mould is fantastic, without a doubt. But I do think the colours are slightly off, and the head irks me. It's too sinister for an Autobot. I love my Soundblaster though. I really think that's what the mould was made for. He looks like a robotic Angel of Death.

Cheery, somehow.

:swirly:

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

ganon578 wrote:I second that. I really enjoy Blaster, a little more red in the paint apps would've been nice.
Yeah.
secretcode wrote:I love Laserbeak Blockrock.
My Blockrock is sofa king loose. Dammit.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Treadshot A1 wrote:My Blockrock is sofa king loose. Dammit.
Mine has some loose joints too. Kind of disappointing, but entertaining nonetheless. I like Blockrock well enough, but it would have been sweet to see a new mini-con that folds into that shape for Blaster. And it also would be friggin' awesome if they made a 2 or 3 pack of some new "tapes" for Blaster. It's a complete shot in the dark though.

On another note, I saw Acid Storm and Galvatron in mass quantities at TRU last night. No money, so no purchases, but I REALLY like Acid Storm. Galvatron still isn't looking worthwhile to me. I just don't like that mold.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Picked up Galvatron today for $7.77 at my local Wal-Mart. The only problem I have with it is the transformation and his head keeps wanting to come down. Other then that it's a great fig.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

secretcode wrote:Picked up Galvatron today for $7.77 at my local Wal-Mart. The only problem I have with it is the transformation and his head keeps wanting to come down. Other then that it's a great fig.
I also picked up Galvy at Wal-Mart for $7.77 last night. Haven't opened him yet, made a deal with my wife that there were no more TFs to be bought for 2 months since I bought Onslaught 2 weeks ago. However, she gave me the OK for it, but I have to wait to open it as a b-day present in late October. He looks cool through the packaging though...
Tramp
Protoform

Post by Tramp »

Of the new Classics 2.0 figures, I have Sunstreaker, Prowl, Octane and Powerglide (my custom Moonracer needed her boyfriend :love:) He's a great model, though one of the first things I did was repaint him in G1 accurate colors. As for the front landing gear, if the gun is facing forwards, then the wheel won't touch the ground, but if the gun is turned around so that the missile launcher is facing forwards, then the wheel will indeed touch the ground.

Sunstreaker is also a great figure, as is Prowl. I had the same "sticky paint" problems on my Prowl but easily rectified them by first washing it in soapy water, then spraying some clearcoat on it. I haven't had a problem since. Octane is a pretty good figure, and I don't have a problem with his vehicle modes either. Believe it or not, both are real vehicles, The truck mode is a is a HEMTT (Heavy Expanded Mobility Tactical Truck) M978 2500 gallon fuel tanker—http://www.primeportal.net/hemtt.htm#M978. The only thing wrong is the open back end. Other than that, it's a pretty accurate representation of the real truck. As for the propellers getting in the way of the wheels, If you interlock the props properly,(no pun intended), they don't interfere at all.
Damolisher
Protoform

Post by Damolisher »

Earth to Tramp: You're still on global ignore, genius.

And Moonracer doesn't HAVE a boyfriend, just for the record.

Universe 2.0. Good toys. Galvatron= Badass.
"Right, switch to Red Alert."
"Are you sure, sir? It does mean changing the bulb!"
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Damolisher wrote:global ignore
I was actually wondering what that global ignore was about. It's like being banned, but people can still read your posts . . .

Having not really read his posts I don't know what that's about, but my guess is he said something that was annoying, but not offensive enough to be banned? :eyebrow: I guess I'm trrying to figure out what would warrant a global ignore as opposed to a ban.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

http://tfarchive.com/community/showthread.php?t=41891

Amongst other things. Basically cutting off the oxygen of attention. Run a search if you're really bored and/or hopelessly masochistic. Or look for locked threads in the IDW forums.

As most of the threads have since died off, and Kali's just put Damolisher out for the severalth time, we're going to give friendly conversation another shot. Don't expect it'll last long, but eh.

Back on topic... anyone got any good non-retouched, correct head, correctly transformed pics of Sideswipe?
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but even with the propellers interlocking, Octane still doesn't roll right in truck mode...:\
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Detective Barricade wrote:Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but even with the propellers interlocking, Octane still doesn't roll right in truck mode...:\
I'm not sure if he rolls really well in truck mode anyways, regardless of how the props are aligned. I think it's all in the poor wheels Octane has...
Tramp
Protoform

Post by Tramp »

Detective Barricade wrote:Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but even with the propellers interlocking, Octane still doesn't roll right in truck mode...:\
Are they interlocked the right way? It took a little bit of work for me to figure it out too.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Godd*** they lock right. It's just his wheels are sofa king crap.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Catalyst Dragon

Post by Catalyst Dragon »

Anyone got a suggestion on what/who would be a good Blaster Head?

cause I really need to fix mine...lol.
All that was needed was a catalyst and the machines of war are set in motion.
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

Cut off Energon Ironhide's head, do some fabrication, and BOOM! A Blaster head.
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Sunstreaker2 wrote:Cut off Energon Ironhide's head, do some fabrication, and BOOM! A Blaster head.
But blaster's head was flat at the back. Cut the head in halpf?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]