TF Universe Toys (Opinions)

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Turret guns and the wheels are it, but one of the wheels falls off 75% of the time, and I'm actually worried about losing the turret guns one day, being attached by such a tiny clip.

All in all having anything fall off frequently is a bit of a pet pieve.
wolfbolt86
Protoform

Post by wolfbolt86 »

RID Scourge wrote:Turret guns and the wheels are it, but one of the wheels falls off 75% of the time, and I'm actually worried about losing the turret guns one day, being attached by such a tiny clip.

All in all having anything fall off frequently is a bit of a pet pieve.
Gottach, I have a problem with my Octane, one of his legs will not work right. I have to unscrew it just to extend it for robot mod. I'm keeping him in that mod due to the one leg.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

That sucks. I'm glad the QC on mine is all right. At least the breakaway parts were planned like that.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Gareth Infinity wrote:Treadshot...he's talking about Animated Activators. He's saying they're $10.50 at K-Mart but usually $7.99. As for Deluxes, $12.50.

Note, mine has Deluxes for $10.50 or $10.99 I believe, no clue what they want for Activators (didn't really look).

Just saying, they're f***in' overpriced.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Catalyst Dragon

Post by Catalyst Dragon »

Just got Blaster and Galvatron.
I like Blaster except for his head, gee Hasbro is lazy...
Galvatrons cool but a B***h to transform and his cannon arm is loose.

I Still haven't seen any Ultras, want Powerglide(probaly order henkai Version) and Silverbolt.

Really looking forward to Deluxe Ironhide and Hound though.
All that was needed was a catalyst and the machines of war are set in motion.
numbat

Post by numbat »

I'm very pleased with Legends G2 Megs, Hound and Jazz.

The Movie Legends figures seemed to be largely a step down from the quality of the Cybertron / Classics figures (although there are notable exceptions such as Brawl/Devastator and Scorponok). I suppose this was partly down to the hugely complex film designs.

None of the three new Universe Legends moulds are innovative in particular - they're nice and simple, and do the job well - as you want from a wee TF! Good alt modes and good robot modes (although Hound's arm articulation is sadly limited by the wheels in his chest - and he looks a little daft due to that...). Best G1-esque Jazz I've ever owned!

Also, this is the first individual release Legends line not to be linked to all of the previous ones by a consequitive series number printed on the packaging somewhere (unless I'm missing it?). In that case, I don't think they're 'Legends of Cybertron' anymore, and are just plain 'Legends Class'.

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

I envy you. I can't find any other Legends except Wave 1...All of which I have.
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Sunstreaker2 wrote:I envy you. I can't find any other Legends except Wave 1...All of which I have.
Thats all they had at my TRU along with some movie ones.
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

Well, yesterday the only Universe figure to be found was Sunstreaker, mostly buried behind Allspark Power and Animated Deluxe packages. But, on the bottom shelf in Wal-Mart, they had the price sticker for the Ultras next to Premium Prime and Megs, who're shelfwarming like the ice age is at hand!:eek: They did have a pleasant surprise there however, but that's for another thread.
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Catalyst Dragon wrote:Just got Blaster and Galvatron.
I like Blaster except for his head, gee Hasbro is lazy...
The head is probarbly the one thing that is stopping me from buying this figure as much as I want it. You see I already have Cybertron Soundwave and with that head to me he is just a red Soundwave, even with me liking this mould as much as I do with that head I probarbly wont buy it. I mean I'd maybe buy Acid storm but his head is the same as the other seekers of that same great mold.
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
Gareth Infinity

Post by Gareth Infinity »

Got Powerglide, pretty cool. The landing gear is a little strange; the wheels hardly actually roll and I'm pretty tired of almost all my figures' landing gear just scraping along. Also, unless I've mis-transformed it, the front wheel doesn't touch the ground if you have the gun attached. Overall the vehicle mode is still pretty cool, love the look.

Transformation is interesting and fun, and a lot easier the second time around.

The gigantic head is a bit worse-looking than I expected, and the proportions are certainly strange, but it's all part of the character. The robot mode is cool enough, but I certainly prefer the vehicle.

EDIT: At this point I've realized that the knees are incredibly annoying. They don't stay pulled down all the way because the locking mechanism isn't tight/sturdy enough to support the weight of the upper body. Hopefully this isn't a widespread problem and other specimens' lower legs lock more effectively.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Gareth Infinity wrote:Got Powerglide, pretty cool. The landing gear is a little strange; the wheels hardly actually roll and I'm pretty tired of almost all my figures' landing gear just scraping along. Also, unless I've mis-transformed it, the front wheel doesn't touch the ground if you have the gun attached. Overall the vehicle mode is still pretty cool, love the look.

Transformation is interesting and fun, and a lot easier the second time around.

The gigantic head is a bit worse-looking than I expected, and the proportions are certainly strange, but it's all part of the character. The robot mode is cool enough, but I certainly prefer the vehicle.

EDIT: At this point I've realized that the knees are incredibly annoying. They don't stay pulled down all the way because the locking mechanism isn't tight/sturdy enough to support the weight of the upper body. Hopefully this isn't a widespread problem and other specimens' lower legs lock more effectively.
I just got Powerglide last night. My front landing gear is the same, he basically rests on the gun, and the gun doesn't seem to fit quite right with the missile attached.

The Powerglide I have has OK knees, the locking mech doesn't seem to be a problem at all. I REALLY like his look; I was unsure before I picked him up, but I have to say that I think he's outstanding. The more I fiddle with him, the more I appreciate my purchase. $$ well spent!:up:
Starfield
Protoform

Post by Starfield »

I am very impressed with Legends Megatron and Hound. Megatron in particular has an unexpected transformation (at least to me). And they have knees! They are a great example of going a good job with something simple (rather than doing an OK job with something complex, like Galvatron). I haven't got Jazz yet simply because I'm not enthusiastic about his colors. White is a hard color to pull off, IMO.
Clay

Post by Clay »

numbat wrote:Also, this is the first individual release Legends line not to be linked to all of the previous ones by a consequitive series number printed on the packaging somewhere (unless I'm missing it?).
The plastic bubbles only had the faction insignias molded into them (oddly enough, using the movie versions of the factions). I sent you everything else and, indeed, they don't have a series number on them. I wondered about the first wave (Starscream, Onslaught, etc.), but the local store sold those already and I can't check.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

From the ones I see at the local Wal-Mart- which is JUST NOW stocking them- I couldn't see anything on those 3. We haven't even gotten Ultras yet. T_T
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

I picked up Onslaught last night. I love his robot mode, he's got some great poseability, his shield is cool and he just looks all around badass. The tank mode is ok. My biggest problem with it is that the side panels that turn into his legs won't stay in place. They keep popping out of their pegs every time I move him. Some other things are his canons won't stay in while I'm transforming him, they should be able to stay in place better. Also his shield is kind of a useless accessory in vehicle mode.

All in all, he's a good figure, but I'm not sure if he warants the massive price tag. I think if they made him a little smaller, took out the electric lights and sounds, and gave him some type of projectile weapon, he would have been a great Voyager class toy.
Transformer Kamen

Post by Transformer Kamen »

Blitzwing wrote:I picked up Onslaught last night. I love his robot mode, he's got some great poseability, his shield is cool and he just looks all around badass. The tank mode is ok. My biggest problem with it is that the side panels that turn into his legs won't stay in place. They keep popping out of their pegs every time I move him. Some other things are his canons won't stay in while I'm transforming him, they should be able to stay in place better. Also his shield is kind of a useless accessory in vehicle mode.

All in all, he's a good figure, but I'm not sure if he warants the massive price tag. I think if they made him a little smaller, took out the electric lights and sounds, and gave him some type of projectile weapon, he would have been a great Voyager class toy.
You may not have him transformed right. The grey "cage" part of his legs has to lie flush with the bottom of the figure. Once that's done, the side panels should stay in place. Least that's how it worked with mine.

And a dash of glue fixes his cannon problem. :)
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

I was browsing through the toy aisle today. I thought an unusual and possibly heretical thing today: why not have Energon Omega Supreme re-released for Universe? I would so buy him if he didn't come in the gawdy two tone body like in Energon. Why has Hasbro NOT thought of this?!
"Fear denies faith. And for the Immortal Emperor!"

-Space Marines
Gareth Infinity

Post by Gareth Infinity »

Got Sunstreaker as a gift. There are little bits of the transformation that continue to annoy me, but it's mostly cool.

In hand or on shelf, I personally find the car mode kind of ugly/silly with that...attachment on top, so I usually take it off.

I really like the robot mode, quite well-articulated and looks good, just wish it was easier to get the chest to stay straight without having the head go back down. Takes some potentially-dangerous messing around to get it right.

Sideswipe looks better (red > yellow usually), will definitely buy him.
Treadshot A1

Universe has hit Australia!

Post by Treadshot A1 »

I got a Sunstreaker, Prowl, Heavy Load, and Blaster. No sign of the ultras, though. Did see Robot heroes 2-packs.

SS is cool, pulse blaster is puny.

Prowl. Sweet. Oily Paint syndrome (doesn't really stick, or fingerprint), cool shoulder cannons. Damn turtleneck.

Haven't opened the other 2.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]