TF Universe Toys (Opinions)

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

I'm finally able to give an opinion on the Universe figures!:D (yay!) Prowl and Sunstreaker are excellent figures! 'Streaker has a small touch of paint missing on his roof, but it's no biggie. Prowl I've yet to come across any "sticky doors", and I hope it stays that way. Barricade is currently unhappy about another cop car being around...;)
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Detective Barricade wrote:Barricade is currently unhappy about another cop car being around...;)
And you're so happy because...?

On topic (kinda), where are you getting these things? Were still barely into animated wave 1. S***!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Detective Barricade

Look into the "Newest Acquisitions!" thread, and you'll find your answer. And I was happy to finally find the new Universe figures on sale. The unhappy bit in my previous post was me referring to Movie Barricade, you know, the black Saleen S281/Ford Mustang cop car.
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

That's right bitches. I finally found them. My Wal-Mart was waiting to put them out until they rearranged the toy section. I found Wave 3 of Animated again as well as several Voyager Primes, Leader Class Animated, Roll Out Prime (Freaking ugly IRL) And space for Voyager and Ultra Class Universe figures.

Since I can't log in to my blog still (Don't know what the **** happened, but if anyone can help I'd appreciate it.) I'll post my reviews here.

Octane is a mixed bag for me. First one I opened- Mainly to get it out of the way. Great Plane mode (I'm a sucker for planes), terrible truck mode, and a mediocre but not exactly one of the worst robot modes. My only gripes about robot mode are the arms, and the lack of a place to put the "Melee Blade". Unfortunately, those are big problems. 6/10

Prowl was the second one I opened up. My doors aren't sticky, but I'm going to clear coat them later today to prevent the problem from happening. His vehicle mode clearly shows that Hasbro has learned from the movie line, in terms of technology- Although it's even more apparent during Transformation (I <3 Dramatic Head Reveals- It's so much like Power Rangers/Sentai, even more so with Sunstreaker) with his head and his legs. His neck is a common gripe and I agree with that (Although Clay gave a good reason for that, with the pin issue, etc). His gun is a bit underwealming, but you would only need a puny pistol if you got B.F.G.s on your shoulders. 8/10

Sunstreaker is my favorite figure so far this year, beating out Animated Prowl and Ratchet by a long shot. His vehicle mode is great, and there appear to be no problems with mine (Except for the two different yellows, but that's no big deal really). His robot mode is excellent and fun to mess with. As with most people, I also tried out the "Sideswipe" mode. Great as well, although I can't seem to get the legs right. As with Prowl, his gun is a let down, but meh. It can combine (rather loosely) with his engine thing to increase firepower. Besides the Sentai-style head reveal, my fav little touch on this guy is his License Plate. "WE R 84". Nice Touch Hasbro. 9/10
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

I, Like Secretcode, Found Sunstreaker to be the best of the 3 deluxe Universe toys. Prowl is very good, but I feel that G1 Prowl's chest/arm transformation was actually a better way to do the same thing. the Universe version seems needlessly complicated.

I think Octane is a lot better than I first read on these forums. The Truck mode is a wee bit lame, but the robot is just as cool as Astrotrain, and the plane mode is rather nice.

Of the three I rank them just as Secretcode did, With Sunstreaker as the best, closely followed by Prowl and finally Octane.

Oh, Also, I tried the Sideswipe version of transforming Sunstreaker and I think It looks better proportioned. Looking Forward to Sideswipe.
Come on and wind me up.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Detective Barricade wrote:Look into the "Newest Acquisitions!" thread, and you'll find your answer. And I was happy to finally find the new Universe figures on sale. The unhappy bit in my previous post was me referring to Movie Barricade, you know, the black Saleen S281/Ford Mustang cop car.
Yeah, already looked. Too bad i happened to be in AUSTRALIA!

Just joking on the barricade thing. Still, i say prowl might have an advantage with those two BFGs! ;)
secretcode wrote:
That's right bitches. I finally found them. My Wal-Mart was waiting to put them out until they rearranged the toy section. I found Wave 3 of Animated again as well as several Voyager Primes, Leader Class Animated, Roll Out Prime (Freaking ugly IRL) And space for Voyager and Ultra Class Universe figures.
Does Australia have to be behind EVERYWHERE ELSE?!

I think i might actually like Octane from the pics. Prowls legs just look a bit weird. It's like when yuou forget to pull out the legs of Armorhide. Then it just looks like a cab that got hacked apart.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gareth Infinity

Post by Gareth Infinity »

I just now discovered another problem with Prowl. One of his shoulder guns doesn't flip out all the way to be level with the other one, so for them to be even they always have to be pointed slightly upwards. Anyone else experiencing this? I'm sure there's some kind of novel trick to fixing it, and there's a very slight chance I may actually be up to doing it.

Whether it can be corrected or not, I still like the guy. I may pick up Sunstreaker soon too, as even though I've been hating the color from the beginning, it's starting to look nice.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Gareth Infinity wrote: I'm sure there's some kind of novel trick to fixing it, and there's a very slight chance I may actually be up to doing it.
Lockdown won't be alone. :D

Seriously, is every Prowl's QC that bad? Seriously. Might pass. Might.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Treadshot A1 wrote: Seriously, is every Prowl's QC that bad? Seriously. Might pass. Might.
I keep seeing everyone posting problems with their Prowl (sticky paint, parts not shifting right, etc.) but my Prowl is just fine. None of the parts fit funny, the paint is good, I just like it in general. I would recommend him in a heartbeat.
Gareth Infinity

Post by Gareth Infinity »

Treadshot A1 wrote:Lockdown won't be alone. :D

Seriously, is every Prowl's QC that bad? Seriously. Might pass. Might.
Heh, nah, I'm not gonna blow up this one.

As for the problem I complained about concerning the shoulder guns, I think I know how to fix it, and I may be doing that today as I spend practically the whole day at home, alone, celebrating my birthday. Need to do something to pass the time, you know, besides m________ing.
Vin Ghostal

Post by Vin Ghostal »

When I picked a Sunstreaker and Prowl up to show them to my wife, her only reaction was that they look "cheaply made". I couldn't agree more. I'll not be buying any of the new Classics.
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

ganon578 wrote:I keep seeing everyone posting problems with their Prowl (sticky paint, parts not shifting right, etc.) but my Prowl is just fine. None of the parts fit funny, the paint is good, I just like it in general. I would recommend him in a heartbeat.
The first batch of Prowls apparently had serious paint issues. I can almost feel it with mine, and have resigned to leaving the figure alone, unfortunately. I haven't actually had the problems, but the figure just feels fragile, very unlike the "Classics 2006/2007" line, and more like the worst of the movie figures.

I have heard that the last few batches pressed are a lot better in this regard, but there's no real way to know what you're getting until you pick it up.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

TFVanguard wrote:I haven't actually had the problems, but the figure just feels fragile, very unlike the "Classics 2006/2007" line, and more like the worst of the movie figures.

I have heard that the last few batches pressed are a lot better in this regard, but there's no real way to know what you're getting until you pick it up.
Yeah, they do feel like they need a quality upgrade. I don't know how many times I've transformed 'Streaker or Prowl and thought "I hope this doesn't break." I must have just gotten lucky with the ones I picked up.
Detective Barricade

Prowl's fine for me. Occasionally, one of the doors will pop off when I try to move it forward too far, but it snaps right back on! I actually wasn't expecting any difference in QC from Animated, since these two lines are running together.
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

I'm desperately trying to find Octane. Four stores (TRU, K-Mart, Wal-Mart, Target), and NO OCTANES. I'm going back to TRU this weekend, as they are most likely to have both Octane and the Universe Voyagers. (Heavy Load specifically).
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
wolfbolt86
Protoform

Post by wolfbolt86 »

Have the Ultras come out yet? I saw a couple on Ebay, but have called and went to several stores and they don't have them in yet. They also don't know when a new shipment with them in it will come.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

wolfbolt86 wrote:Have the Ultras come out yet? I saw a couple on Ebay, but have called and went to several stores and they don't have them in yet. They also don't know when a new shipment with them in it will come.
Yes. They are out somewhat. I found the Voyagers this morning, but I have to wait a while to pick up Blaster.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
LKW
Protoform

Post by LKW »

Vin Ghostal wrote:When I picked a Sunstreaker and Prowl up to show them to my wife, her only reaction was that they look "cheaply made". I couldn't agree more. I'll not be buying any of the new Classics.

Sunstreaker = teh AWESOME. Buy.
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

Got Octane on Friday. LOVE HIM. He looks so much better when you position his shoulders to go out to the side, instead of sticking up. Now I need to find Heavy Load and Onslaught...
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
Starfield
Protoform

Post by Starfield »

Sunstreaker2 wrote:Got Octane on Friday. LOVE HIM. He looks so much better when you position his shoulders to go out to the side, instead of sticking up. Now I need to find Heavy Load and Onslaught...
Hey! You are absolutely right! I had to fiddle with his arms a bit to see what you were talking about, but with his arms like that he is much better.

I also found out I was mis-transforming him. I didn't realize the little ball-joint shoulder folded down to horizontal, so his shoulders were even more scrunched up than they should have been.