TF Universe Toys (Opinions)

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

LKW wrote:Sunstreaker = teh AWESOME. Buy.
Couldn't agree more! I've felt cheap plastic before, and the plastic they're using for Animated and Universe is considerably stronger than it lets on! As for Octane, I know his reputation isn't the greatest, but I liked Movie Pegload (Payload), I might like this guy if I can find him.:D
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Detective Barricade wrote:As for Octane, I know his reputation isn't the greatest, but I liked Movie Pegload (Payload), I might like this guy if I can find him.:D
I actually am liking Octane more and more as the days go by. He does have some goofy spots in his alternate modes, but he's quite fun when you keep transforming him. The melee blade is still weird though.
Detective Barricade

It can't possibly be any weirder than a gut claw or gut cannon...
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Detective Barricade wrote:It can't possibly be any weirder than a gut claw or gut cannon...
True. Now if it were a gut melee blade, then it could be. But any weapon that originates from the gut trumps any other weird weapon. Octane's stackable guns are pretty sweet though.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Detective Barricade wrote:It can't possibly be any weirder than a gut claw or gut cannon...
ganon578 wrote:But any weapon that originates from the gut trumps any other weird weapon.
Excuse me? My Movie Wreckage and my Springer custom (which i just got back to) have something they'd like to say to you. :p
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Treadshot A1 wrote:Excuse me? My Movie Wreckage and my Springer custom (which i just got back to) have something they'd like to say to you. :p
You mean Wreckage's red blades? I wouldn't classify them as weird, more like Mortal Kombat Baraka-esque. :poke: <--- That's the closest I could get to Baraka blades.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Both quote mention 'gut', so maybe his gut cannon was what i was referring to. Maybe.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Detective Barricade

I was thinking "gut cannon" as in this guy and his repaint...
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Treadshot A1 wrote:Both quote mention 'gut', so maybe his gut cannon was what i was referring to. Maybe.
That could be. I forgot about Wreckage's cannon. Maybe that's because I focus on the ginormous blades he has. Well played sir.
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

So... lets talk about Robot Heroes shall we?

I just got wave 1. Very happy with most of them. Rattrap doesn't stand up though... he's too back heavy, anyone else having this problem?
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Detective Barricade wrote:I was thinking "gut cannon" as in this guy and his repaint...

OK, maybe Wreckage's classifies as a gut gun, then? Everyone happy now? ;)

Repaint? Camshaft? No, check this out. This is what hasbro should have done. http://www.angelfire.com/mech/jinsaotom ... nwave.html
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
numbat

Post by numbat »

Now that I'm back with it after an op in hospital, I have been playing around with Sunstreaker.

I really like him - he capture the G1 character very well, in my opinion. (Sunstreaker was one of my first TFs back in the day...)

I thought I'd be more bothered by the change to his legs, but I actually think the new version's design is a huge improvement, and love how the same mould will be used for Sideswipe.

The transformation is perhaps over the top for younger folks, though, and the instructions, as ever, get you to do stuff in a stupid order (pull the doors out first? are Hasbro mad?).

The paint apps on mine are actually tidier than those on my Classics figures.

The only thing is - he's head ans shoulders taller than all my Classics Deluxes. Is this a trend in the new Universe line? Are they all taller than the original Classics?

It's not a huge issue - the articulation on Sunstreaker is miles better than in any of the Classics figures for a start! - but he towers over Rodimus, Astrotrain, Starscream... (But displays nicely beside Bumblebee, lol!)

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
MissingSea
Protoform

Post by MissingSea »

Finally got hold of the 3 Deluxes yesterday. They definately are a mixed bag. Sunstreaker is my current favourite, though I did have some trouble tranforming him as his chest would not end up straight even when his head was fully straight (sorted it out eventually).

I like Prowl especially since I always wanted him as a kid, but my parents couldn't afford :\. Though mine suffers from the sticky paint syndrome, which I am currently solving as he is getting a paint touch up, which will involve adding a clear coat over the top. The over balancing seems to be a problem as well, not sure if I can fix that..

Octane... ermm yes he is definately a case of a good idea gone bad. Overall the plane mode is reasonable, had it not been for the sled on the bottom and the blue tail. The truck mode is just yuck, though the bot mode is slowly growing on me. I may give him a updated paint scheme, though truth be told I'm not sure it would really help with this guy.

I agree Numbat that they do seem to be taller than the Classics Deluxes (though I don't yet have Grimlock or Hot Rod), Sunstreaker is fairly tall, and even in his current headless state, Prowl is taller than Mirages head height.
Detective Barricade

Treadshot A1 wrote:OK, maybe Wreckage's classifies as a gut gun, then? Everyone happy now? ;)

Repaint? Camshaft? No, check this out. This is what hasbro should have done. http://www.angelfire.com/mech/jinsaotom ... nwave.html
The "Lens head" actually really fits him like that!
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

MissingSea wrote:I agree Numbat that they do seem to be taller than the Classics Deluxes (though I don't yet have Grimlock or Hot Rod), Sunstreaker is fairly tall, and even in his current headless state, Prowl is taller than Mirages head height.
I am lucky enough to have all the Classics (sans the TRU exclusive Soundwave) and Sunstreaker is taller than a great majority of them. I believe he's slightly taller than Grimlock. Prowl is tall, but not as much as Sunstreaker.
Starfield
Protoform

Post by Starfield »

Is there ever going to be a Grimlock repaint? Maybe that is what "Dinobot" is going to be.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Starfield wrote:Is there ever going to be a Grimlock repaint? Maybe that is what "Dinobot" is going to be.
I doubt it, but you never know. With the Classics one out and the Henkei one too. But what repaint are you thinking?

And there's going to be another Dinobot? I didn't hear about that one.
Starfield
Protoform

Post by Starfield »

ganon578 wrote:I doubt it, but you never know. With the Classics one out and the Henkei one too. But what repaint are you thinking?

And there's going to be another Dinobot? I didn't hear about that one.
Universe Deluxe Dinobot was apparently listed on a Wal Mart Computer.

I wasn't thinking of any particular repaint.* I just don't have one yet, and if a repaint came out I would probably get it.

*I was going to say Overkill as a joke, but then I looked it up.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Starfield wrote:Universe Deluxe Dinobot was apparently listed on a Wal Mart Computer.

I wasn't thinking of any particular repaint.* I just don't have one yet, and if a repaint came out I would probably get it.

*I was going to say Overkill as a joke, but then I looked it up.
Ah, that listing. How did I miss that? I guess I was just mulling over the photos from Comic-Con, which didn't mention a Dinobot. It better be something awesome (Stegosaurus!!!) but this time with the right name. ;)
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Aye. We need a new Stego bot. Striker was pretty lame.