TF Universe Toys (Opinions)

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

numbat wrote:Excellent!

Problem solved (although the thing still doesn't hold together as well as one may hope...)!
I to feel this, I got him about 2 weeks ago at full price:down: (thanks to those cads at TRU) And you're right about the love hate thing, I definatley have that going on with this figure more than any other, inc Prowl and Sunstreaker.
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

numbat wrote:Excellent!

Problem solved (although the thing still doesn't hold together as well as one may hope...)!
That's an issue all of them (Ironhide) have. The paint on mine for the front is already starting to rub off around the edges from trying to close it as best as it can...
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

My Ironhide [henkei version] holds pretty well in both modes, I just have to be careful with aligning the extended waist\side panels with his legs.
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

Just received Universe Hound, Cyclonus and Silverstreak so here's my thoughts:

Cyclonus - As expected this guy's great, pretty much perfect. Very nice in both modes and the addition of Nightstick's a nice touch. I wish his face was a little brighter though as it's hard to see on my shelf. Poseability could be slightly better too, but not by much.

Hound - Love this guy much more than I thought I would. I ordered him cause I didn't want to miss out and I thought I'd like him but he's much better than I expected. His jeep mode is great but his robot mode is awesome and he looks perfect. The addition of Ravage is another nice little touch.

Silverstreak - I like this guy more than I expected too. I got him in a sale, so I paid less, but I wasn't going to pay full price when I had Prowl. He surprised me with his colour scheme, which seems slightly better than Prowl in robot mode and he looks very nice stood next to Prowl.
Tramp
Protoform

Post by Tramp »

YAAAAAAAY!!!!!!! I finally found Inferno. One of my local Target stores finally got him in. IT's been how long since he's been out now? Over two months? The other stores in the Buffalo area still don't have him in yet. Not Toys'R'Us, not Walmart, and I don't know about the other Targets.

Overall, he's a great figure. He looks better with the bumper up though. It also aids in his articulation. The attention to detail is top-notch, and it's about time HAsbro started using colored clear-coats on their light piping. Great articulation, great aesthetics, just a great model over all.
Transformer Kamen

Post by Transformer Kamen »

Tramp wrote:YAAAAAAAY!!!!!!! I finally found Inferno. One of my local Target stores finally got him in. IT's been how long since he's been out now? Over two months?
Ditto. Target only had one, though the Wal-Mart down the street had three and Animated Waspinator. WIN. Interesting, these particular were in the richer part of town. The stores closer to my stompin' grounds still got nothing but nothin'.

Either way, Inferno is awesome. His fire truck mode looks fantastic will all sorts of little details and a b.e.a.utiful paint job. Robot mode is pretty husky with the same level of detail and paint apps, and damn good articulation. I do kinda wish his gun could detach and be held in his hand. But that's just personal preference.

If anyone is quibbling over this mold, don't. GET HIM!
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

I'm waiting for the inevitable "Hotzone" [Hotspot] repaint.
Tramp
Protoform

Post by Tramp »

RID Scourge wrote:I'm waiting for the inevitable "Hotzone" [Hotspot] repaint.
Better yet, a Grapple retool.
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

I just got Inferno! Such a good toy! I hope we get a Hot Spot out of it so I don't have to make one...
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

RID Scourge wrote:I'm waiting for the inevitable "Hotzone" [Hotspot] repaint.
I'm actually going to be odd, and hope that we get him as Artfire (likely Autofire) once Universe returns, along with a redeco of Cyclonus's Targetmaster to round it out. A white and red water truck is pretty common after all...
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

Finally found some new deluxes:

Cyclonus: I love this guy. He looks way more like the cartoon than the original did. Looks great in jet mode, transforms smoothly, and has great poseability in robot mode. Nightstick is a nice addition as well. They could have easily gotten away with just giving him a normal gun. Only thing I would have changed would be the lack of a gun holder in his left hand.

Hound and Ravage: Hound's a neat toy, I love the look of his jeep mode. The transformation is a little slow going, but it works out pretty well. Robot mode looks really good, the only major down side to it is that his legs kind of need to be bent at a weird angle in order for him to stand up straight. Also liked how they had his legs fold out very similarily to his original toy. Ravage is a really cool addition, it's a shame this line doesn't have a Soundwave for him to go with.

Dinobot: Dinobot faces the same problems as most Beast Wars era toys, in that there is way too much kibble from the Beast mode to hide in his robot mode. Their decision to put most of it into his weapon was a pretty lazy way to deal with it. I also wish that they had done something that looked more like the sword he had in the TV show.

Smokescreen: This is the third time I've bought this mold in the last year, and I gotta say that I regret it. Smokescreen's paint job is definately the tackiest looking of the three. On top of that, he still has the problem of his doors/wings falling off during transformation.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Blitzwing wrote:it's a shame this line doesn't have a Soundwave for him to go with.

TRU Excl. Soundwave?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Tramp
Protoform

Post by Tramp »

Blitzwing wrote:Finally found some new deluxes:
<snip>
Smokescreen: This is the third time I've bought this mold in the last year, and I gotta say that I regret it. Smokescreen's paint job is definately the tackiest looking of the three. On top of that, he still has the problem of his doors/wings falling off during transformation.
there is an easy solution to the tacky paint problem— just spray the figure with acrylic clear coat with him in car mode. I did that with my Prowl figure and haven't had a problem since.
Gareth Infinity

Post by Gareth Infinity »

He said tackiest looking. I think he means it's ugly, not sticky.

Oh and, thanks for reminding me, I still haven't gotten around to clear-coating my guys.
Vatterott forbid I learn a thing.
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

Treadshot A1 wrote:TRU Excl. Soundwave?
Is that the G1 reissue? I wouldn't really consider him to be part of the Universe line.

And yeah, I meant Smokescreen is ugly.
wolfbolt86
Protoform

Post by wolfbolt86 »

Got Somkescreen, not bad, and didn't have a problem like S.S. and Prowl. I wish they can come out with some more Cons latter on. My bots out number the Cons like 5 to one.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

wolfbolt86 wrote:My bots out number the Cons like 5 to one.
How's that a problem? In Animated, 5 - 1 and the con still won in one episode, didn't he (I think it was Blitzwing)?

TRU Excl. Soundwave: Soundblaster in Soundwave colours. G1 reissue, i thought it was part of classics officially. ???
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
burnitall
Protoform

Post by burnitall »

Treadshot A1 wrote: TRU Excl. Soundwave: Soundblaster in Soundwave colours. G1 reissue, i thought it was part of classics officially. ???
It is. I have one, it's a "commemorative edition". It comes in classics packaging with a pop-up Soundwave when you open the velcro flap.
Tramp
Protoform

Post by Tramp »

Blitzwing wrote:Is that the G1 reissue? I wouldn't really consider him to be part of the Universe line.

And yeah, I meant Smokescreen is ugly.
Well, Smokescreen's colors are racing colors, and they're pretty accurate to the original G1 character. It's the same color scheme. Personally, I don't have a problem with it.
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

I've been won over by the pictures and I've decided to buy UNIVERSE (not Henkei, Universe) Hot Shot. Finding a weapon for him is cheaper than paying $32 for a Hot Shot with guns and chrome...
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.