Damn yous, Takara!

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Clay

Damn yous, Takara!

Post by Clay »

I buy one of your crappy toys, and all of sudden -BAM- it's three years later and the batteries are dead. You suck!
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

I want a Henkei Astrotrain, but it's going to cost me 3 times the American retail price before shipping! Curse you Takara and your monopoly on show accurate Classics toys!
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

I got mine overseas, so it was cheaper than normal rrp! And Henkei Screamer, Megs, Ligier...ah, everything in the Henkei line! Ever try kitbashing? It's pretty good, and has a decent result.

@ Clay: It's been 3 years, that's long enough isn't it?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Sunstreaker2 wrote:show accurate Classics toys
It turns into a bullet train instead of a steam locomotive - how the Hell can Classics Astrotrain be made show accurate with a different colour scheme?
Treadshot A1 wrote:@ Clay: It's been 3 years, that's long enough isn't it?
Might want to kitbash yourself a brain at some point, champ.

Clay - Official TF Archive Idiot Magnet.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Here we go again. I give up arguing with you. Althoguh, the insecticons are done, so some of my interest has left.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Treadshot A1 wrote:Here we go again. I give up arguing with you.
It seems your intelligence just increased +1 :clap:
Kenori

Post by Kenori »

Damn you Takara for...for...for...ah who am I kidding, the Japanese make way better toys than we do, just look at the DX Megazords and Changers for Toku...
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Kali wrote:It seems your intelligence just increased +1 :clap:
Still want an apology, that comment (cliffy's) wasn't called for. I wouldn't bet on it though.
Kenori wrote:Damn you Takara for...for...for...ah who am I kidding, the Japanese make way better toys than we do, just look at the DX Megazords and Changers for Toku...
Agreed. Takara's better than Hasbro. Just live in Asia, or frequently visit. :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Treadshot A1 wrote:Still want an apology, that comment (cliffy's) wasn't called for. I wouldn't bet on it though.
I'm very sorry you felt the need to misinterpret the tone of Clay's post to such a humiliating degree, and then backtrack.

Seriously, you're a remarkably stupid person.
Vincent
Protoform

Post by Vincent »

Can't we all just get along? ='(
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Hey, Cliffy, i knew clay was not actually insulting/angry at takara, and my reply was meant in the same tone. But you had to insult me, because you misinterpreted my message.

@ Vincent: When me and Cliffy are both here, brace yourself!;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Kenori wrote:Damn you Takara for...for...for...ah who am I kidding, the Japanese make way better toys than we do, just look at the DX Megazords and Changers for Toku...
I went through a brief Power Rangers phase before going back to Transformers, and I completely agree. I had the Dino Thunder Megazord (Yeah... REALLY embarrasing buying a Power Ranger toy on a field trip.) and then I saw the comparisons with it's Sentai counterpart (Abarenoh, I believe). Good lord. We didn't even get the complete set of limbs for the final zord. We only got three down here.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

secretcode wrote:(Yeah... REALLY embarrasing buying a Power Ranger toy on a field trip.)
Yeah, i bought a power ranger to bash into Star Sabre, and that was embarrassing.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Kenori

Post by Kenori »

secretcode wrote:I went through a brief Power Rangers phase before going back to Transformers, and I completely agree. I had the Dino Thunder Megazord (Yeah... REALLY embarrasing buying a Power Ranger toy on a field trip.) and then I saw the comparisons with it's Sentai counterpart (Abarenoh, I believe). Good lord. We didn't even get the complete set of limbs for the final zord. We only got three down here.
Yeah, it really really sucks.

I'm planning on getting a Titan Megazord (Magiking) here soon, and I absolutely LOVE that zord. I'd love to find the complete edition though.

Check it out here

Yeah Japan really does get all those wonderful toys...

and besides, I'm used to the odd stares from the people when I buy PR stuff, its just something you have to put up with. I get a few from people about TF too, but not as bad as PR.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

The stares I used to get for TFs are gone since the movie. Those never bothered me though.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

Kenori wrote:Yeah, it really really sucks.

I'm planning on getting a Titan Megazord (Magiking) here soon, and I absolutely LOVE that zord. I'd love to find the complete edition though.

Check it out here

Yeah Japan really does get all those wonderful toys...

and besides, I'm used to the odd stares from the people when I buy PR stuff, its just something you have to put up with. I get a few from people about TF too, but not as bad as PR.
That's quite a difference there! The Japanese version makes the North American version look even more like a cheap KO!:eek:
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
Kenori

Post by Kenori »

Well thats the Premium version.

The version you see on the right isnt the american version, but the normal japanese version.

The US version has even LESS paint apps as the japanese.

I just dont understand why BoA chooses to screw the fans over this way.

We didnt get the siren builder, we didnt get all of the dino zords, and I doubt we're gonna get the Gekiwolf or SaidaiOh, and that shit is EXPENSIVE to try and import.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Treadshot A1 wrote:my reply was meant in the same tone
Uh-huh.
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

Kenori wrote:Well thats the Premium version.

The version you see on the right isnt the american version, but the normal japanese version.

The US version has even LESS paint apps as the japanese.

I just dont understand why BoA chooses to screw the fans over this way.

We didnt get the siren builder, we didnt get all of the dino zords, and I doubt we're gonna get the Gekiwolf or SaidaiOh, and that shit is EXPENSIVE to try and import.
I think the Takara versions of the Premium series for the Movie line are much better than Hasbro's release. Then you have Henkei Classics. HUGE improvement with Astrotrain, Megatron, and Powerglide vs. the Hasbro release. In short, when it comes to paint applications, the North American versions look cheap.
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
Kenori

Post by Kenori »

The problem, I think, is the same as it is for Power Rangers toys versus Toku toys: the companies have a different view of their markets. The american companies (Hasbro/BoA) see their stuff as geared more towards children (though this isn't as prevailant in Hasbro as it is in BoA). Where as the Japanese companies (Takara/BoJ) gear theirs more towards the smarter Teenage/Adult crowd. This causes Japanese products to be more detailed, with better paint apps and usually more features.