Leader class movie figures are on sale for 35.97 at US Targets!

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Mospeada

Leader class movie figures are on sale for 35.97 at US Targets!

Post by Mospeada »

I got the premium leader class movie Prime. They had a Megatron and Brawl as well. These are the ones that are usually 49.99 at KB, 44.99 at Kmart, and 39.99 at Target. It's hard to get these cheaper, so check those Targets! Sale goes to July 5th, the sign said.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

If only I was still intrested in Brawl.... I'd snag one, but I'm so sick of the movie aesthetic and animated. I just want the standard toys back, not any of these Heavily Designed figs.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

secretcode wrote:If only I was still intrested in Brawl.... I'd snag one, but I'm so sick of the movie aesthetic and animated. I just want the standard toys back, not any of these Heavily Designed figs.
Says the guy with Animated Bumblebee for his current Avatar and Sig!;):joke: I rather liked the Movie figures complex design, and I'm really liking Animated's highly stylized designs as well! They have/are an interesting change of pace from the usual blocky designs from the previous lines. At least for people like Secretcode, who are tired of these designs, the Universe/Classics 2.0 seems to be going with the blocky goodness from pre-Movie!:D

Now back on topic, as I got a bit off track, I have a few problems with this news: 1) Canada (currently) has no Target stores, and 2) I already have all three of the Movie Leaders!:D But its always a good sign when figures from the previous line, in this case Movie, go on sale, as it usually means they're trying to make room for the new stuff to come in!:clap:
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
Vincent
Protoform

Post by Vincent »

Damn, I hear so many amazing things about Leader Brawl!

Too bad we didn't get any here. And no targets =(
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Detective Barricade wrote:Says the guy with Animated Bumblebee for his current Avatar and Sig!;):joke:

But its always a good sign when figures from the previous line, in this case Movie, go on sale, as it usually means they're trying to make room for the new stuff to come in!:clap:
Doesn't apply where i am, Myer has had CLA Ultra's on sale for bout a month or so, and only a few Ani Voyagers and boxsets are showing up.

Agreed on the bumblebee sig. was gonna post that, but with the way people react to sarcasm from me, i'll pass. I definately agree with ya, though.
Vincent wrote:Damn, I hear so many amazing things about Leader Brawl!

Too bad we didn't get any here. And no targets =(
Here's one more: he's not too overpriced on theifbay.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

I think using the :joke: and ;) Smilies help. Opinions on the Movie Leaders:
Optimus Prime - Awesome figure! Not a fan of the "Bunnymus Prime" head on Premium Prime (why mess with an already great head mold? *note*this opinion does not apply to kitbashers. Now please put your knives or other sharp instruments down;)), but it's not terrible. Very poseable as well.

Megatron - Possibly the best Movie Megatron figure, which isn't saying much. I like the figure, but the other two Leader class figures greatly overshadow him. Don't EVER push the black button in vehicle mode, as you'll regret it soon after. It's that bad. If you want this mold, Premium is the way to go. Oh, and his instructions are only good for GARBAGE!!! Seriously.

Brawl - IMO, without a shadow of a doubt, THE best tank-former EVER! Even blows G2 Megatron out of the water! I love his gun sounds (shell fire, gatling gun fire, missile launchers). Robot mode is a walking tank, and makes Classics Jetfire/Skyfire seem underarmed!:eek: Just be careful around his barrels.

In short: Prime and Brawl are well worth the money spent on them (though buying online may be another story). Megatron is OK, but I have this funny feeling that Animated Leader class Earth mode Megatron will be worlds better...
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
Mospeada

Post by Mospeada »

I actually really dig the "bunny" head.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Detective Barricade wrote:but I have this funny feeling that Animated Leader class Earth mode Megatron will be worlds better...
Already have it. Confirmed.
Mospeada wrote:I actually really dig the "bunny" head.
I actually really dig the mou... well no. I prefer my figures smaller. Bit smaller.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]