Let's not forget Classics 2.0/Universe

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Vincent
Protoform

Let's not forget Classics 2.0/Universe

Post by Vincent »

All this talk of Animated is stealing the spotlight. Not that it doesn't deserve it.

I was just at the Big Bad Toy Store site, and saw some of the toys. Wow. I mean, some of those look just plain dull but I already have a couple on my to-buy list. Galvatron (deluxe), Dropshot (voyager) (I hope he can shoot ALL those missiles), Onslaught is worth a shot (Ultra), Acid Storm (deluxe) (a repaint), and Legends G2 Megatron, Hound, and Jazz. All look real awesome.

Though I was kinda disappointed by some figures. Namely the ones in the Ultra and Voyager class. Also, besides Acid Storm, there are 2 repaints. I only recall one which is Blaster, a repaint of Cybertron Soundwave.

What are you looking forward to? And are there any more figures planned?
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

Vincent wrote:All this talk of Animated is stealing the spotlight. Not that it doesn't deserve it.

I was just at the Big Bad Toy Store site, and saw some of the toys. Wow. I mean, some of those look just plain dull but I already have a couple on my to-buy list. Galvatron (deluxe), Tankor (voyager) (I hope he can shoot ALL those missiles), Onslaught is worth a shot (Ultra), Acid Storm (deluxe) (a repaint), and Legends G2 Megatron, Hound, and Jazz. All look real awesome.

Though I was kinda disappointed by some figures. Namely the ones in the Ultra and Voyager class. Also, besides Acid Storm, there are 2 repaints. I only recall one which is Blaster, a repaint of Cybertron Soundwave.

What are you looking forward to? And are there any more figures planned?

Tankor is a deluxe, man.
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
Vincent
Protoform

Post by Vincent »

My bad. I meant Dropshot. My comment about the missiles should make more sense now.
Gareth Infinity

Post by Gareth Infinity »

I believe Dropshot is a repaint of Cybertron Defense Scattorshot. If that's the case, the missiles are purely decorative.
dotCommunism
Protoform

Post by dotCommunism »

Dropshot also has a pretty terrible color scheme if I remember it right.
Gareth Infinity

It looks pretty good, in my opinion. But I doubt I'll be picking it up.
Target
Protoform

Post by Target »

I like the look as well...but then I've (for some odd reason) been trying to get ahold of Scattorshot for a while!!

I do like Galvatron and the Autobot flyers, Silverbolt and Powerglide...team them with Jetfire and they'll be a match for the Seekers!! haha.
If you can keep your head when all around are loosing theirs...you probably haven’t grasped the situation!!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Mmmmm, snot...
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

If that's a typical Hasbro promo photo, the actual colour will bear no resemblance...
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Denyer wrote:If that's a typical Hasbro promo photo, the actual colour will bear no resemblance...
i was wowed by blasters colour scheme but then thought nah.. that aint happening
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
Gareth Infinity

Yeah, Denyer's right about that...oh, and I guess I should've said where I got those; BBTS has the set of four Universe Voyagers up for pre-order, and I, rather than noticing that they had the figures up on their own as well, cropped the pictures of the four figures shown together to get just Dropshot's modes, haha

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Classics 2.0/Universe interests me very little at this point. I'll pick up Prowl and Sunstreaker for sure, and Acid Storm on principle alone. Galvatron, maybe, I want to see one in person to see if its as ugly as the pictures. The rest really have no appeal to me, and the repaints in this line are really horrible for the most part.
Vincent
Protoform

Post by Vincent »

Update:

Ok so maybe you guys already saw this, but what the heck.

http://www.hasbro.com/transformers/univ ... 693F87CFDD

From the Universe line, Deluxe Sideswipe, Ironhide, and Silverstreak.

I don't like how Ironhide's vehicle form is so goddamn broken up, but the other figures look great.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

I'm getting as much as I can from this line, and I'm skipping most of animated, due to the fact that I can't seem to display Animated along side other figures.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

Yesterday I had some time to kill before my Softball game, so I decided to head to the mall to check to see if they had any Animated BA's or Ratchet's. I was on my way to Toys'R'Us, when I noticed an Ages 3+ store (this was at a mall that I haven't been to in years BTW). So I went in and do you know what they had on the shelves? Deluxe Classics 2.0 toys! I got Prowl, Sunstreaker and Octane (I still refuse to call him Tankor).

I was busy all day yesterday, so I haven't had a chance to even open them yet, but when I do tonight, I'll post some pics. This was such a surprise because I wasn't expecting them until August. I heard rumours that they were released in Ontario, but I had no idea they'd be out here already.

The Canadian packaging sucks BTW, all characters have Sunstreaker on the card as the card art, and the back just has all three toys displayed. I'm assuming that they are the same as the Animated wave 1 deluxes, and the instructions have the actual profile of the character on the back of them.
Starfield
Protoform

How big is ultra?

Post by Starfield »

Onslaught looks great. The only thing making me hesitate about getting him is the size. I don't really want a gigantic figure. I'm not too familiar with the ultra class. Just how big is it?
Gareth Infinity

Starfield: here are some photos of an Ultra in hand. I own maybe only three others, so I'm not sure if this is average, but it seems like it.

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk20 ... G_2710.jpg

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk20 ... G_2707.jpg

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk20 ... G_2712.jpg

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk20 ... G_2714.jpg
Starfield
Protoform

Post by Starfield »

Thanks Gareth_Infinity,

That's not too huge. Not as big as I was picturing in my head. One of those on a shelf won't look crazy big.
Gareth Infinity

Onslaught looks like he'll end up about the same height, if not a bit shorter, but with a naturally bulkier vehicle mode. Most of the size of this guy comes from the length of the jet, and the wingspan. Onslaught will be, of course, higher off the ground when set down on his wheels.

Also, I guess this is the place to say it, Onslaught is one of the few figures I plan to pick up from the new Universe lot. Wave 2 of the Legends figures look great, but none of the Deluxes stand out immediately as must-buys for me.
Vincent
Protoform

Post by Vincent »

but when I do tonight, I'll post some pics.
Awesome! Don't keep us hanging!